Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough

5 posters

Go down

Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough Empty Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough

Post  littlewid Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:28 pm

This is just so awful and I don't think the penalty is enough. This is just so shocking and upsetting and I really hope they catch the culprit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9231121/Pet-owners-lock-up-cats-indoors-as-anti-freeze-killer-claims-48th-victim.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough Empty Re: Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:33 pm

I Agree Littlewid. The other problem is catching the person/people responsible, it could go on for ages. Why are humans so revoltingly sick? I would lock them up and throw away the key.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough Empty Re: Is £20,000 and a 6 month prison sentence enough

Post  whitestarling Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:35 pm

In short the answer is NO its not enough, and I do'nt think locking whoever it is up, and throwing away the key is either. I think the !*!*!***!*!* should be given a dose of their own medicine preferably a gallon. Lets hope they are caught soon, so no more animals suffer
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Humans can so revoltingly sick Lai I quite agree with you and I really don't understand why but my thoughts are always along the lines of they lack compassion and also instead of striving to make something of themselves they pick on defenceless animals that can't fight back. They are obviously feeling so inept with themselves that to make themselves feel big or powerful they pick on creatures much smaller than themselves to make them feel big and wrongly important, kind of like control freaks do.

I 100% agree with you WS, my theory is, if you are going to dish it out then be prepared to take it as well.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I Agree Littlewid. There are so many sick and disgusting stories about animal abuse, i find it hard to understand that humans who are supposedly top of the pile (according to us humans) can be so dispicable.

In an instance like this 'an eye for an eye' is my answer, it may be a bit extreme but they deserve it.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 pm

What a horrible story, you really feel for all those poor Ginger Cat and their owners Sad I hope it's not much longer before they catch the evil person that is doing this.

A £20,000 fine and a 6 month prison sentence is never enough for this No and the sad fact is that's the maximum sentence - the chances of this actually being imposed are probably very remote Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 am

What can I say that hasn't been said already Sad Sad so sad!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Doogs wrote:What a horrible story, you really feel for all those poor Ginger Cat and their owners Sad I hope it's not much longer before they catch the evil person that is doing this.

A £20,000 fine and a 6 month prison sentence is never enough for this No and the sad fact is that's the maximum sentence - the chances of this actually being imposed are probably very remote Crying or Very sad

That I think is part of the trouble Doogs, if only they handed out more maximum sentences, it might just go some way to lending the lesson that you can't get away with abusing animals. It is by no means enough of a sentence but it's far better than the silly ones of not owning an animal for a period of time.
The other thing is they allow people to plead the word SORRY too many times with the back up of I WAS HAVING A BAD TIME IN MY LIFE, that doesn't wash with me and it shouldn't to the courts either. The Court is supposed to be the animals advocate and it's about time they stood up for the animals properly.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

"Sorry" and "having a bad time in my life" does not mean they can be excused for murdering all these innocent cats No The courts are far too lenient with too many things these days Mad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 pm

I Agree Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down