Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recipe Swap

4 posters

Go down

Recipe Swap Empty Recipe Swap

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I was thinking today that we all have our own special recipes that have been passed around our friends and families for years. I thought it might be a good idea to have a WAA recipe swap, so I'll start with one I was given by a friend and is my favourite one to make. Enjoy

Peanut butter cup cakes
• 150g(5½ oz) unsalted butter, chopped
• 115g (4oz) soft brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 125g (4½ oz) crunchy peanut butter
• 125g (4½ oz) self-raising flour
• 30g (1oz) plain (all-purpose) flour
• 60ml (2 fl oz) milk

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4). Line 18 flat-bottomed patty holes with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk until combined.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 10-12 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely

Ice or decorate as you wish
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Recipe Swap Empty Re: Recipe Swap

Post  littlewid Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm

What a fantastic idea PPH and I adore Peanut Butter. Annoying thing is I have just been shopping and no peanut butter on the list this week, might have to visit the supermarket again tomorrow, I am loving the sound of those cupcakes Very Happy
Now I will have to think of a recipe scratch

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat May 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Great idea PPH - sadly I am so not a cook, so there may be a very long wait for my recipe!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Sorry I haven't come up with any recipe swap yet PPH, not good on my part I know but I am going to try and get the stuff this weekend to have a go at your Peanut Butter Cup Cakes, I really love the sound of them Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu May 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm glad you're going to try the cup cakes LW, everyone who tries them so far have loved them.

Don't worry Lai, I'm not the best cook in the world but I just love baking. I went to a friend's house the other day and her partner's dad is from Texas and they made the family Sloppy Joe recipe. I am trying to get the recipe out of them as it was amazing.

For anyone who doesnt know, Sloppy Joe is a mince beef concoction with lots of spice
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Mmmm now I like the sound of Sloppy Joe PPH so hopefully you will be able to get that recipe cheers

I don't eat cakes, chocolates or sweet stuff (yes I know I'm a weirdo as my husband says ! Laughing ) so I'm no use for baking Embarassed Not a good cook but I'll try if I've got time - I do make a mean spaghetti bolgnaise Wink

Good luck with the Peanut Butter Cup Cakes LW cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm

affraid Doogs - no chocolate What a Face Shocked confused I wish I was the same cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 pm

YIKES..... I forgot about the icing What a Face what do you normally ice them with PPH? as you've made them before I will go with what you normally do.....I will get the stuff tomorrow when i'm shopping Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 19, 2012 12:26 pm

just normal butter icing, my friend slices up Snickers bars and puts them on the top so they are that extra naughty :) :) :) :) :)
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Well I have brougt all the ingrediants for these lovely sounding Peanut Butter Cup Cakes and I will be giving it a go tomorrow.
Mmmm I think I will go with the Butter Icing PPH but I may just mix a bit of Peanut Butter with that as well and leave the Snickers till another time, if this time goes OK then I may add the Snickers next time as an added extra and give them to the kids........but I need to try them first.......don't want to poison them with my cooking now do I Recipe Swap 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Gosh have I had trouble getting on here today and now is not much better, I think it must be a connection thing here, anyway......I HAVE MADE MY CUPCAKES bounce they have turned out ok, I just need to ice them now. I left them to cool down so now I am deciding if I should ice them tonight or tomorrow scratch
At first i thought I wasn't going to be able to make them because of not being able to get on here, but luckily I got on earlier to get the recipe Very Happy I must say, they smelt lovely when I was mixing them and wonderful when they were cooking........think i'm gonna enjoy these.......when they are iced of course Recipe Swap 853843
Thanks for the recipe PPH
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Well I decided to ice my cakes today, so they are all done. I made a butter icing and mixed some smooth peanut butter in with it.......yummy Very Happy I iced half the cakes on top and then the other half I have made into butterfly cakes, they look nice but I haven't tasted one yet.
I'm going to be making them again and really want to perfect the decorating, then I will take a photo and show you all, but I am pleased with my efforts today Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 21, 2012 5:55 am

Cup Cakes were scrummy Recipe Swap 768480
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 am

Recipe Swap 768480 Littlewid - did you eat them all before you took the photo? ROFL

Glad you enjoyed them.

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Sounds like a big success LW, well done cheers Looking forward to the photographic proof as to how they turned out Cool Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm

affraid affraid affraid No I didn't eat them all Lai No No No just the one......honest. I have given the rest to the kids.

Next time I make them I will take a photo, I want to perfect the icing decoration a bit more first and I also need to find my camera......packed it away and can't find it now, I have my phone but for taking a clear close up of something like a cupcake it's not that good, so next time I promise I will show you all.......bet I make them again at the weekend. Very Happy

A few people at work have asked for the recipe too so I will be taking that in tomorrow.......then we are all going to look rather cupcake shapped Recipe Swap 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Recipe Swap 40683 Littlewid - i believe you cheers

Look forward to seeing the next batch and find that camera soon, you'll be missing all the wonderful birds and flowers ... flower now the weather's changing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 pm

glad they worked and you enjoyed them

I've got the lemon drizzle cake recipe from my friend so I'm going to try them next weekend. I'll let you know how they come out

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 pm

I will surely be hunting out my camera Lai what with the cakes birds and flowers I need to get a hunt on for it.

Lemon Drizzle cake is yummy PPH, not one I have ever made but I do enjoy it with a Latte, especialy if it's quite zingy. Let us know how that one goes for you.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down