Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:26 pm

That's amazing WS, somebody's got very GREEN fingers !!! cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 pm

What have you and Mrs S been feeding your PEAS with WS????? they are amazing they look really fresh ........your not feeding them Boddies are ya affraid

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:36 pm

affraid FEED FLOWERS BODDIES are you MAD. Thats sacralige LW.
Actualy just asked Mrs S, and they've only had one feed, a capfull of Tomato plant food.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Oops silly me WS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 40683 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 40683 .....well yours have done really well on one feed of Tomato food, mine got fed more than once and they didn't do half as well as yours........next year mine are going to get one feed and thats it Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 pm

It may be down to the compost LW, we put the old peat in from last years tubs them all the food scraps, and left overs apart from meat in with it, and some grass cuttings from the caravan park, also some granuals that help to breakdown everything, its been going for a couple of years now. We got a new compost bin a few weeks ago, you can see it at the side of the flowers. Mrs S puts that in first then, some fresh peat on the top
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Well thats what I call serious gardening WS and it certainly has paid off and now I know what to do and you cant dispute it works because we can see it does......I will have to get myself a compost bin for next year Very Happy Thanks WS

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Well to wrap up my PEAS for this year, I took all the pods off the other week as they had changed colour and put them on paper in my summer house to completely dry out.
Today I have shelled them like peas and retreived all the seeds and put them in a little pot all ready for growing on next year....... A question though.....I have them in a little plastic pot with the lid on, should I leave the lid on or take it off or should I keep them in an envelope....i'm thinking they may get a bit moist in the tub and should they remain completley dry? I have them in the summer house on the floor and it is cool in there.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:28 pm

We've still got to collect ours, wil have to check how they look tomorrow. eather permiting. This is what it advised on keeping the seeds LW, on the post earlier
Store the harvested seeds in a paper packet or envelope until you are ready to plant them.
So I'd take them out of the Tub

WS

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks WS, I will do, I will remove them tomorrow, I am sure they will be ok over night till I get in from work tomorrow. I bet it will take you a while to sort your PEAS as you had a better flowering than me.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am

Yikes, well remembered everyone. I've forgotten about the S.PEAS. But agree with WS in a packet or old envelope is best for seeds to keep them dry.

I can't believe our S.PEAS are all gone for another year.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm

The PEAS are now in a Manilla envelope and in a drawer for next year flower don't forget to save your pods and seeds Lai next year we can see how they all do again bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm

For sure Littlewid, next year we'll be really competitive Laughing and I'm going to grow some up a wigwam thingy.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 pm

A PEA update........ I had forgotten about my pea seeds, they are still in their envelope and in the drawer, however, today I noticed that the peas I planted last year are now growing up again! I am not sure if this is the time of year for them to start growing but mine definitely are, so a question WS & Mrs S, should I now be potting my seeds or is it too early?
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 am

We will check LW. Might be early enough for your seeds, but to early for your back What a Face
Sadly our seed pods did'nt produce anything, they formed, but did'nt fill out
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 am

How to grow Sweet Peas....

Sweet Peas are actually very easy to grow. You can simply plant them in the soil where you intend them to grow in March or April in the UK (be guided by local weather conditions) and leave them to it. By July you should have flowers. However, to get the best from your seeds you should consider planting them in autumn (late September to early November) or winter (January to February). This will enable you to have stronger and earlier flowering plants
The Sweet Pea Calander Year link
http://www.sweetpeas.org.uk/how.htm

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks WS. I want to grow some on a tepee thing this year so it can look pretty outside the house.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Just found out that our seeds which had been carefull stored in the potting shed have been found by the mice/voles Laughing I have to laugh as at least they had a good meal over the cold weather. Next time a tight lid is needed!

I bought 3 different packets of seeds instead today, variety ones all scented so can't wait to see what they are like and also a willow wigwam for them.

Let's hope this year is a better year for S. Peas Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Thats a shame about your seeds Lai but as you say, a good feed for the mice/voles, lets hope your packet seeds give you loads of lovely smelling flowers flower

Another update on mine. As I said a few weeks ago, I thought I had cleared all my S'Peas from the basket thing they were in but then they started growing a few weeks ago. Well about a week or more ago I planted my seeds straight in with them and WooHoo......they are sprouting up nicely bounce I hope they do well and dont get attacked by anything as I should hopefully have more flowers than last year. They are too near the soil really to get a decent picture but once they are a little taller I will start posting pictures again. flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 am

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 768480 Brilliant news Littlewid, you are definitely ahead of us down there in the south. We reckon we are 4 weeks behind last year looking at the bluebells, so I guess our S.PEAS will be last this year - or maybe Mrs S's Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 45922

Keep us posted !!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Well I have been tending to my Sweetpeas, watering and feeding them and they really are coming on now. The original one is growing well and I think it will be fine. The seeds have really sprouted, I think there are a few that haven't come up yet and i'm not sure if they will but I do have some of the others doing really well and now they are tall enough to see I thought I would start photographing them, so heres the first pics I took when I got in from work today.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 Kian_918

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 Kian_919

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 Kian_920

The bottom bits of the old Peas do look little rough in the first picture but they are actually quite healthy and one sprout is quite tall already, not bad for a pea that was supposed to have been dug out Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 24, 2013 8:34 am

http://i73.servimg.c Littlewid, your S.peas are looking good and you'll be first for sure. We'll have to have a bet on what colour closer to the time Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 71418

Thanks for the update, I will go and check ours this weekend - although I don't think we even have a shoot yet!

Lai

Last edited by Laikipia on Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo - I can't spell Lai !)
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 768480 Yours are really doing well LW, well done. Sadly we still have'nt planted the seeds yet No So your certainly going to be first. No E've got a couple of nice days this weekend, but we are working Mad so they wont get planted then either. Still hopefully soon
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Sweet Peas finaly planted http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c Mrs S bought three plants, and She's also planted LW's seeds that she kindly sent us. So hopefully weather permiting we will have some blooming wonderful flowers flower
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 7 768480 Well Done Mrs S & WS. I am sure you will soon have blooming flower and fingers crossed your seeds will grow as well as mine have. My neighbours are growing as well so thats a good sign that yours will too. They gave me my original plant so it felt right to hand some seeds back and hopefully from one little plant there will be many growing and now some in Wales too cheers looking forward to the updates WS

Just need Lais now to get going bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Wink Littlewid, our S.PEAS are in the polytunnel at the moment waiting to be planted out, but Benjamin bunny is waiting ........ and without Penny to chase him I fear our S.PEAS may be bunny breakfast Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next