Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed downloading photos

5 posters

Go down

Help needed downloading photos Empty Help needed downloading photos

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 pm

I followed the instructions as posted by Whitestarling, but nothing downloaded.I got as far as the copy window and then nothing. I do not have Internet explorer as I use an Apple Mac is this the problem? No allow access box appeared.
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Help needed downloading photos Empty Re: Help needed downloading photos

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Safariman

Mmmmm scratch I am not an Apple Mac person so can't comment on that.

I don't know what WS has said but presumably you clicked on the above 'host an image' icon (15th from the left) then you get the image below.

Help needed downloading photos Mwsna230

click on browse and select the image from you laptop/pc - you then click 'host it' it takes a few seconds or minutes depending on the file size.

You then get Help needed downloading photos Mwsna232

right click on 'image' and copy and paste and click 'preview' down below and you should see your photo.

If I have misunderstood your question please ask again. Hope this helps.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I can't get it to work. It is probably my computer incompetence or a programme that requires a different way of working for a Mac
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm not sure if this helps but I use Flickr to host my photos and have not had any troubles with it. I'm not familiar with Apple either so I can't really speak to any issues that may cause. I suggest open a Flickr account, it's free and see if that works. It also seems pretty easy to use as well.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Safariman
We,ve not had this problem before, and like Ronnie, I'm not familiar with Mac. Have you got Google Chrome ? if so It might be worth trying through that, if not as Ronnie says you can use Flicker as a host and download from there. In the meantime I will check with the Forum advice center to see if there's an answer there.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks everybody, yes I do have a Flickr photostream, but how do I download from there. As you can tell I am not a computer person!!
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Safariman

I have checked through the internet and I can see no information on whether you can or can't use servimg with Apple Mac computors/programmes, so I am not sure why you can't upload your pics if you are following the instructions, it doesn't make sense to me. I believe you are following WS's instructions correctly so it should work, unless there is a block on Apple Mac to use their dedicated hosting sites.
We have not come across this problem before but you may be the first to use AM.

Please don't think I am being patronising but why don't you write down exactly how you are posting your picture and we can see if there is anything amiss with the instructions we have on site. If they are being followed step for step then I presume it's to do with AM and not the hosting site servimg. It's worth a go.

I will have to hand you over to Ronnie for upoading with Flickr as I don't use it and would be at a loss as to how to help you with that but as Ronnie uses it you will be fine with him......he's cleverer than me Very Happy

I wished I could help you more but good on you for not giving up Help needed downloading photos 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Littlewid,
I can get as far as the 'copy part' but then the 'allow access' box does not appear. I presume this is because I am not running Windows. I am sure there must be a way of making it work. The only other way would be for anyone to directly access my photos on Flickr by going to their site and accessing my photostream. This would be a rather longwinded way but as Flickr is a public site, fairly easy to do.
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Safariman

I believe that is the problem as that is supported by explorer and if you are not running it then it won't happen sadly.

Everyone accessing your Flickr site is a little long winded and also spoils your enjoyment of posting your photo's on here, which is all part of the enjoyment for you.

I will message Ronnie for you and ask him to message you back with how to post from the Flickr site. Ronnie is in America so is often on late in the evening here and sometimes early morning, so he will pick up the message and get back to you, he is a whiz at sorting things out, he and WS are our Starskey & Hutch for solving problems whether it be Big Cat info or sorting pics and videos so I am sure he will be only too pleased to help.

I would rather you be able to enjoy the forum to the full and post your own thread with your pictures so you get the pleasure out of it.

Hold on a little longer and we will sort it for you.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

I use Flickr also but will wait for Ronnie to reply, I am not the best person to explain things Rolling Eyes scratch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Sorry Lai, I didn't realise you used Flickr as well, i'm sure all the help Safariman can get the better, so if you can help that would be lovely Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 pm

I confess i've only just started with Flickr after our Dorset holiday so am not sure what to do, I managed to upload 8 photos to Flickr and that's as far as I've got so far. If Ronnie can help that will be better, I would have to think carefully and methodically before I can advise Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Sorry Safariman my minds a bit clearer now, been having toothache probs earlier.

What format are your photos in, are they in Jpeg format. I'm sure we can do it through flicker, but there must be a way of doing it, and it would be best for you to do it yourself so you get the pleasure of showing us your shots, and we get the pleasure of seeing them. That way you can explain where they were taken, and what was happening if you want to
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi everyone. I've sent a PM to Safariman that hopefully will help with his problem. As I understand it he is having the issue trying to share from Flickr to the forum. Hopefully my message detailing how I share my photos will help, because I'm really interested in seeing his, as I'm sure we all are.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks Ronnie that could be really helpful for him. I do know that there is a problem with some file formats, and it does come up with these files are not allowed, so I'm wondering if thats whats causing the problem
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Hey WS, as long as he is uploading jpeg files and my instructions were clear enough we hopefully will see his photos soon. If I need to clarify anything or can help further I'll be checking my messages more often just in case. I just tried to explain how I get my pics from Flickr to the forum. As long as everything works the same for the Apple as my PC. If there are still issues I have the Apple Safari browser on my computer, but rarely use it.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 pm

ESP Ronnie Help needed downloading photos 40683 Just sent you a PM along the same lines, as you say as long as they are Jpeg it should work OK. I'll leave that in your capable hands, while I try to see if there are any other issue. If you liase with Ronnie ,Safariman then I'm sure we'll get to see your photos
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 am

Hi Ronnie,
Thanks for the help, unfortunately when I copy and then paste the photo URL into the box from Flickr and then press ok the URL then appears in the text box as it is supposed to do but then when I press preview nothing happens, no photo only the URL as text
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:33 am

So you copy the url, paste in the link, hit ok, it should show up in the message as a bunch of code, then the preview should show the actual pic. Are you sure you are using the "image" icon and not the "link" icon? I just tried that and if I paste a pic url in using the "link" icon instead of the "image" icon I get the result you say you're getting. Also make sure you are not using the "paste as plain text" option. Just don't get frustrated, we're close to figuring this out.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

"Ureka"!!
At long last I have sorted it out.After a sleepless night trying to work out various possibilities I decided to go back to basics and start again. The problem it would seem was my inability to copy and paste properly. As mentioned my computer skills are rather minimal. Having 'mastered ' this 'highly complex' technique it would seem that it should now work.
I will now try again to post a thread with PHOTOS!!
Thanks everybody for all your help, ideas, persistence and patience in enabling me to overcome this simple problem.
Safriman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 am

Help needed downloading photos 768480 Well done Safariman. Your not the only one who's struggled with posting photos, but you got there in the end, and as you say You've now mastered a new Highly Complex computer technique Help needed downloading photos 40683
Going to have a look at your photos
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Help needed downloading photos 71418 Help needed downloading photos 853843 Help needed downloading photos 71418 Help needed downloading photos 853843 Help needed downloading photos 71418 brilliant news Safariman. Off to look at your new thread ......................... lion cub

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Help needed downloading photos 768480 Help needed downloading photos 768480 Help needed downloading photos 768480 so pleased you got there in the end safariman Help needed downloading photos 853843 just seen your thread and I loved it bounce ........now i'm looking forward to more Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down