Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Parrot Poem

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 Empty Re: A Parrot Poem

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 pm

WOW Thats some headbanger Crow you've go there Lai. You'll have to try to get a little video of it. Yep we could really do with a bigger quota of sunny especialy after all the Raining we've had this year.
I do'nt know how the Girls find enough time to do all their albino albino albino GR. Doogs has over 6,000, Littlewid has over 7,000, and top albino Lai over 10,000 Posts they are proper gossips A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 am

The WAA ladies obviously have their issues A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683

As do I. Here is an imagined conversation I had just then with any relative this Christmas.

Relative: So Greg, what are you doing with yourself nowadays?"

Greg: I log onto WAA.

Relative: And?

Greg: That's it. I log on in the morning. I log on at lunchtime. And I log on at night.

Relative: Isn't that a little dull?

Gregory extended his fingers into a leopard in Tree claws and roared like lion cub "I beg your pardon, but it is anything but dull. So don't make me go all leopard blitz on ya!"

Shocked lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 am

I have some parrot pics from the archives, but I am really struggling to upload them at the moment I dont get it

Maybe I just have to be more patient with the loading process A Parrot Poem - Page 2 45922

Last edited by gregrowlerson on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 am

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683 GR - you are definitely part of the WAA family and for sure bring a smile everytime I read your posts.

I agree re the heat Doogs, I love the sunshine but can't take the heat unless I take oodles of piriton as I seem to get 'prickly heat' and come out in a very itchy rash - shame as I love being on safari so never travel without the antihistamine Very Happy

Melbourne is a great place, i've visited once when Pete was there on business GR. I'm a huge Neighbours fan Embarassed so went on the Ramsay Street tour (okay so Pete wouldn't come but I thought it was great)

WS - you know you love all our albino albino albino and miss us when we're silent

Bella sounds like a real star GR and obviously knows what she's doing and copes with the heat.

I'll try and set up the trail cam in the house and one outside to see if I can catchup headbanger doing his stuff (note I think he's a male Laughing )

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 Img_0114

Yay! It worked!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am

Lai, what you say is really sweet. And because of posters like you, I do feel like a part of this family Thanks

Neighbours is definitely a Melbourne institution! I think it must have been running for over 25 years now. I am not a big fan of it though really. But I do hear that it is very popular in your neck of the woods. Does England not produce many of its own soapies?

Oh and I'm not surprised that Pete wouldn't go - Neighbours is generally more attractive to the female audience lol!

Bella thanks you too for the compliments of her being a star Scottie

And I Agree

Headbanger is most definitely male Laughing

Girls, please keep rabbitting! Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 am

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 Img_0115

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 Img_0116
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

WOW and A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480 what stunning birds GR. I'm assuming they are parrots of some kind (I think I'll have to Google in a minute. They are just beautiful and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo envious. More photos please!

I confess I started watching Neighbours back in the 80's we had a tv in our office and used to watch the lunchtime show. So it's now still going and I am hooked. Yes we have plenty of soaps, Eastenders (always doom and gloom) Coronation Street and I think Emmerdale is still going. Oh and we get Home & Away but I've never started on that. I did laugh at Neighbours being more a female thing but nothing really bad ever happens which is why I like it Very Happy I don't watch our soaps though.

Off to check out Aus parrots.....

Lai Cool
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

Lai, it makes me laugh when you say that nothing ever bad really happens in Neighbours, because in Home & Away - which I have seen more - our family jokes that there is a natural disaster every month!

Unfortunately I am just a horrible tease lol! They were the only pics I found on my parents computer. It's up to me to do some bird watching myself now and take some snaps! Even if my bird feeder (which I need to put up) doesn't attract birds I can probably spend a couple of days travelling to bird watching locations this summer. I am sure that there are plenty of places near Melbourne which are renowned for them, parrots included :)

P.S. I am disappointed that we never got a pic of the pure green one Crying or Very sad

My parents reminded me that they stopped filling the feeder because of a nearby cat that kept lurking. Understandable. I think that were I live now there are not many cats.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

scratch well there are so many I am completely stumped ....

I thought maybe the first photo is a red and blue parakeet and the second photo is a scarlet chested parrot or lorikeet ? But there's a lot of parrots down under Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683 GR - you got me there!

Anyway they are beautiful and we've big expectations from you now.

Home and Away sounds like Emmerdale where a major disaster happens every month despite it being a small village!

For sure cats and bird feeders are not a good combination affraid

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 am

ps GR for a :newbies: you've already posted 76 times, you'll be up there with me soon A Parrot Poem - Page 2 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 am

Lorikeet is correct I think, at least with one of them. I can recall my parents mentioning that.

I think I will have to cut back on my posts per day....if I am to start taking some photos myself Razz

But it is a lot of fun on here, so it will be difficult to remove myself from the couch Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 am

That's my problem, I should be working through my safari photos and posting those leopard shots .............. so that's what I'll do.

Lai silent
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 am

Yay! Leopard thread! Leopard thread! A Parrot Poem - Page 2 853843

This hypothetical thread already has its own cheerleader!

But you can keep doing general posts too Lai! 24 hours really isn't enough time in the day. I might have a chat to Mr sunny about that A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 pm

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 218
In that conversation, you should have told them enjoyment is relative A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683 .
Your going to have to research your ancestors, it sounds like you've got a brit sense of humour lol!
Great shots of the Parrots even if they are not yours they are lovely to see, so bright, and colourful. Thanks for sharing them.
Just a word of warning these albino albino get you into rabbiting to much if your not careful. I've got over 9,000 posts on, and it's not because I'm a albino ot's because I keep replying to theirs. It's not my fault Twisted Evil Thats my excuse, and I'm sticking to it A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

OK WS, proper gossips eh . . . . all I'm going to say is Pot - Kettle - Black : Whitestarling, Posts: 9323 ahem Wink

Laughing Loving that wee conversation you imagined GR

Lai, Neighbours affraid Embarassed Laughing

WOW What beautiful birds, such amazing colours Very Happy I would never tire of looking at them on my feeder Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Embarassed WS - that many I had no idea you were up with us albino albino albino Nice pic though Very Happy

Okay Doogs so we all have our weaknesses and Neighbours is mine for sure!

Got to work a bit so a definite for some leopards tomorrow, even if it's only a couple to keep you going Rolling Eyes

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh WS!

I laughed soooo much when I saw your drawing/picture! It's a perfectly apt representation of how you guys have got a hold of me Very Happy

We have Scottish ancestry I am pretty sure. Some of my dad's family are heavily interested in our family tree, though I don't particularly care about it. But the Rowlerson's in Australia are extremely rare. I don't think there is another one outside of our actual clan. Certainly there is no other Greg Rowlerson Razz

I have nice relatives actually, but I can't talk to most of them like I do on here lol! Most people are too serious for this sort of conversation I think. I am big on the belief that it's positive to be able to act childish when in adulthood. It's a sort of rediscovery of a freer happiness. I think that many don't rediscover this, but you guys have a terrific free sense of fun that I absolutely love!

It's great that I can just post some silly imagined conversation in my head and have it appreciated Very Happy But a word of warning: I don't need too much encouragement A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683

My mum said that she remembered us outside taking pictures of the birds, and now I remember this too, so it may have even been me who took those snaps of Mr and Mrs Lorikeet A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480

If our antics on WAA were a crime, WS would plead to the magistrate:

"But your honour, I was merely an accomplise."

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I think I have found a nice solution for my bird watching Very Happy

My backyard is going to be the place where I try it. It's always been a no go zone for Bella - and me actually - as it is very small and part of the fence is broken and she could escape. She is happy to play in the front yard. Anyhoo, I have kinda let the backyard get out of control! There are weeds everywhere A Parrot Poem - Page 2 615959 So I just sprayed some weed killer. I may have to use a little elbow grease though lol!

But there is a clothesline out there. It could be perfect for the bird feeder. I just checked, and it can sit on the end of one of the lines. The only issue will be if the birds can knock it off. But I have a good view of it from the kitchen window A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480

I could also place my bread out there too. I noticed this morning a bird take one of my pieces from the front yard. Yay! I was too slow with my camera though! I am not sure what bird it was, though not a parrot, and it looked bigger than a sparrow.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 pm

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480 Glad you liked the pic GR, thought might A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683 . Quite agree with your outlook on fun, life's to short to be to serious for all of it. As my motto on here says " If I can make somebody smile, my day has been worthwhile ". I've found throughout my life, it makes me happy if I can make other people smile, and have a chuckle, even if it's at my own expense, and it keeps me young.
Good news you've worked out how to get a feeder in you backyard, our feeders are right outside one of our windows, and got some great shots of different Birds on them. Once you've got it sorted, it could be worth you finding out what types of Birds your getting, do you get things like Butterflys in OZ, some Birds, and insects are attracted to different sorts of plants, that you can have in a pot.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

WS, your outlook on life is great A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480

Yeah, we get butterflies out here.

We even get caterpillars too lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:32 am

WOW GR thought you might get Butterflys, but I'd never have guessed you had caterpillers as well.
WS A Parrot Poem - Page 2 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:37 am

This place is like a jumping castle. We all bounce off each other!

WOW WOW WOW WOW A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:16 am

A Parrot Poem - Page 2 768480 You two are off again lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next