Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

Great to have you back Safariman and what a view that is, stunning and I wouldn't mind sleeping in a tent if that was the view I woke up to every morning. Looking forward to hearing all about your travels.......those darn chores always need doing on return from a holiday don't they What a Face

Sounds like you had a nice lunch date with your brother GR cheers  never heard of Jimmy Eat World scratch but I have heard of BCD 3 bounce that will be great to watch.

I got my car back this evening, I had more trouble with it Saturday but now its sorted and luckily they were able to clear the filter by forcing it to clear by running the car for over an hour, it's the Particulating filter thing on High Performance cars, if they hadn't manged to clear it it would have cost me around £2000 for a new one, so well done the Toyota Garage cheers
I have just been to see Katy the cat next door I am looking after, it was my final settle her in for the night call. She is a rescued cat and its the first time she has been left alone so I have been giving her lots of time and visits, her dad is back tomorrow though.

GR, WS has really sorted the forum out, so he needs all the praise, I just helped with the posting of pictures so WS is the stand alone Like a Star @ heaven here.

Hopefully it will be a quieter week but somehow I have this feeling it wont be......but lunch is definitely on the menu this week http://i77.servimg.c 

Where has our summer gone!!!!!!! we have had some sunshine but also lots of rain and strong winds, its cold and windy this evening and I hear there could be Thunder.........come on, it's supposed to be summer sunny

Have a good rest of the evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm

affraid £ 2000 LW, thats more than our car cost, did'nt realise you had, had it that long, I thought it was still under warranty. Glad they managed to fix it, and fingers X it will be OK now. Well done for looking after Katey, as a rescue cat I'm sure she would be very nervous, the first time being left. Tempretures are due to rise this week hopefully. No body stands alone on WAA, everyones a Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Again very busy in work at the moment, one of my team members is still off sick with his back so I'm still going into work early, but this week is extra busy as someone else on my team is on holiday and another member of the team (who to be honest really doesn't work when she is in work) has said she can't get into work as she put petrol in her diesel car and instead of paying to get it removed she put more diesel in to dilute the petrol and then ran it through her engine. Surprisingly the engine did not like this and seized up. 

So a team of six is now down to a team of three, to top it all of I've been pulled off my normal work to work on a project for top management eeeeekkkk so its now a team of two. 

On a good note this morning I saw a female roe deer right outside of work today. It was too fast for me to take a picture but it was so lovely to see. Someone else in work has also seen a fox who lives in a substantial hedge line outside of work and apparently he/she regularly visits the car park in the early evening. I may have to set up a hide in the car park and watch out of him/her
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Your team seem like the Green Bottles song PPH, that was a silly thing for her to do with the car What a Face Great you saw the Deer, and it would be lovely to get a photo of it as well as the Fox. Just had an idea Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 45922 if you set the hide up on the car park at tea time, and dont clock off, you could get overtime as well as the photos Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm

http://i70.servimg.c Safariman is back! Looking forward to all your photos and great stories from your time in Zambia!

PPH, that's kinda WOW that you like Jimmy Eat World as really I do not think they are all that big a band. I think that their latest album is their seventh, so yeah, they've been around a while, but hey, you are not much older than me and I still consider myself young! Sounds like work has been a bit tough for you of late, though I did laugh about your story with the woman worker (who doesn't work even when she works) and her car problems Laughing 

LW, I have watched two episodes of Big Cat Diary tonight! In these ones a central character is Tamu and her efforts to bring up her four lion cubs alone. And I really loved the hunt from Honey the cheetah to get a Thompsons Gazelle; started her sprint from a long way back and still got a catch!

Sad that she lost one of her four cubs though.

This weekend I am also going to a trivia night on Saturday. It is not far from my place, so probably heaps of http://www.picgifs.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Afternoon everyone.  Firstly I’d like to welcome back Safariman from his trip to Zambia, hope you had a wonderful time and of course very much looking forward to hearing all about it and of course seeing your photos.  Loved the one you have posted already, looks like bliss Cool
Glad you liked my ele photo - I always look at it and it’s as though they are all doing the hokey cokey Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 853843

After a beautiful weekend it’s quite dull and chilly today – mind you better the weather being like this when we’re in work as opposed to at the weekend when we’re off !   Weekend was a busy one, night in with friends on Friday, they came round to my mum & dads as they know them as well.  Some nibbles, a few drinkies (surprise surprise) and we all sat up watching the DVD of Les Miserables until 3am, bit of a sore head the next day !! drunken  Sat was quiet (after the night before) and Sunday I was in work for 4½ hours, then the family went out for a meal for Fathers Day then I went back to my mum & dads were dad and I watched the golf until the early hours.

Aaaah Lai you are in London at the moment, thought it was quiet on here Wink  Are you both at a Seminar or is it just Pete ?

Oh my goodness LW you’ve been having a total nightmare with your car, glad to hear that it has now been fixed – you don’t know how much you rely on your car until you haven’t got it !!  Well done for looking after Katy while your neighbours have been away, if there’s anyone they could trust to look after her its you Like a Star @ heaven

That was lovely of your brother to treat you to lunch GR.  A mixed grill at lunchtime is a fair plateful so no wonder you didn’t need anything at night !  ”Jimmy Eat World” scratch – well I never, that’s the name of a band !!!  Good choice of DVD getting the 3rd season of Big Cat Diary Very Happy  – they are all good but I do like the ones with Tamu I love you  Trivia night sounds good fun, something to look forward to anyway.

Busy times at work PPH, do you get paid more for the extra hours you are doing ?  Has your other team member heard of public transport !!!  A Roe Deer first thing in the morning is a lovely thing to see.  

http://i73.servimg.c  WS for  thinking of the “Green Bottles” song, very apt in PPH’s case at the moment.  That was a lovely comment “nobody stands alone on WAA” Wink

Swimming tonight, can’t be bothered at the moment but I know once I get in the pool I’ll be glad I went.

Doogs
  Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 pm

GR, Jimmy Eat World are a bit of a rediscovered band for me. I first heard of them in 1999 as a friend of mine in America was a huge fan and told me all about them. I rediscovered them in 2005 when I went to see Green Day play live and Jimmy Eat World supported them, I then had to go home and re play all the cds and I had to catch up and buy the ones I'd missed in the missing years.

I follow them on twitter and fb so know that they had an album out but just havent got round to buying it yet, but its payday next week so it may be my payday treat to myself
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Will have to return to the Forum later when I'm at home to catch up on more threads, having real problems at work with the internet at the moment, incredibly slooooow Crying or Very sad http://heathersanima
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello everyone

Apologies I am so far behind with this thread I shall just say to say hello and hope you are all okay and enjoying the odd bit of sunshine.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Catchy the up on what Lai scratch . We've got no electric again today What a Face 4th time this year. So I've had to come to the Pub, so I could get on. I No know the sacrifices I make for this Forum http://www.picgifs.c 

Sorry got to go my glass is suffering from dehydration honest Evil or Very Mad

WS
PS Will try to catch up later
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:16 am

The roe deer female made another appearance yesterday. I was talking to someone in work who sits in a desk that has a view of the side of the building where she appears and apparently she is a regular visitor.

I think she's chosen a good spot to live in for a while as she has the protection of the building and a substantial 'hedge line' of mature hawthorn and small trees. On the other side of the hedge line is a medium size field whose only inhabitants are two pretty placid highland cows. In between the building and the hedge line there is an overgrown, and slightly silted up, drainage ditch where lots of grass and other foliage grows.

We think she may have a baby hidden in the hedge line and we hope if there is we might be able to see it.
The only thing we are worried about is that if there is a baby would the resident fox, and maybe any cubs, harm it. I'm not sure a fox will go for a deer but would she/he chance going after the baby.

We were also worried that there isnt a herd around but after some research it turns out that roe deer arent really herd animals so that made us feel better
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 am

Laughing WS the reasons you come up with for being in the pub http://www.picgifs.c  hope it's all sorted now.

Sorry Doogs I am so behind I missed that, yes Pete and I were both at a seminar and it sounds like you are mad busy as ever Laughing  Les Mis is just wonderful but lots of tissues needed for sure Sad

PPH don't overdo the work thing and great news you are off to Glasgow for an interview.

I'm off to London today to catch up with my friend Ali and a bit of a photography lesson tomorrow morning (flash, never done that before) and then a 2 hour ride in Richmond Park (I can feel pain already having not riden since our last riding safari at least 6 years ago) but we are going to the Camargue in October on a 3 day photography course and have an opportunity to ride so thought we had better have a quick practice!

I've got to confess I haven't heard of Jimmy Eat World, may have to Google then now Embarassed

We're helping on the Wirral & Cheshire Badger Group stall on Sunday afternoon which should be fun so only a short visit to London.

Have a great weekend everyone and fingers crossed for sunshine.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:19 am

Just posted at the same time PPH.  What great news about the Roe deer and possible baby.  I don't know about foxes and deer so fingers crossed they stay safe.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 pm

@Doogs, I definitely get paid extra for the work, time and a half but its worth it. 

they asked if I could work tomorrow but I have plans to meet my friend for an early birthday lunch of tapas and maybe a glass or two of red wine

next week is a short week for me as I have tickets to see The Levellers in Leamington Spa on Friday so I've taken a day off work so I can chill before hand.
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Need a huge catch up on here so will do that tomorrow as it's late now.........back tomorrow:D

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Good evening everyone

What awful weather today, seriously windy and pretty cold too.  We were on the Wirral and Cheshire Badger Group stall at a garden festival and it was pretty arctic in the marquee.  An interesting experience which Pete and I haven't done before, we were there for 4 hours and some people were nice and some people were pro the cull and very anti badgers so plenty of heated discussions going on!  It takes all sorts Very Happy

Suffering from a bad back after riding so back on the Ibuprofen - not sure I will be riding much again but hoping it won't last long.

Fingers crossed summer starts tomorrow a bit of  sunny would be good.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

GR how did the trivia night go? I hope you did ok. I have my quiz night for the Bears this coming saturday 29th, not sure if I will be much use but its a great way to raise money.

Wouldn't it be lovely PPH if she did have a fawn, you know we will be expecting regular updates now Very Happy have you seen the fox? wouldn't it be lovely if you could manage to get some pictures......Pretty Please:Hugs:
I m not sure if I commented or completely forgot too but haven't you said you got picked or shortlisted for the games?

Doogs your still having mad weekends and busy times at work but i'm glad your dad had a nice Fathers day. I loved Les Mis and also have the DVD but haven't watched it after seeing the film......I need my neighbours to be out  so I can turn up the sound and also sing:hehe:

Hope your back soon feels better Lai but I bet the ride was worth it and Richmond Park is a lovely place to ride through.
Well done for doing 4 hrs in artic weather but it was worth it for the Badgers, you and Pete are Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven it's a shame there were some heated discussions but then again there are a lot of people who don't like badgers and will use every opportunity to let you know but as you say, it takes all sorts but three cheers cheers cheers cheers  to you and Pete.

We have had a mixture of sun and heavy wind or is that strong wind  scratch anyway it has been very windy and quite wintery really but i'm hoping it will be calmer this week and a bit warmer as well, I actually put my heating back on last night it was so cold What a Face 

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and heres to a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 pm

LW -I will try and get pics but she is vary cautious and doesnt go that far from the hedge when she pops out to eat, I did try and get pics of friday but I wasnt fast enought. No sign of the fox yet but I am hoping.

I have been asked to go for an interview for the Commonwealth Games and I'm popping up to Glasgow for that on the 10th August
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Afternoon everyone

I know it’s now Tuesday but I hope everyone had a good weekend.  The weather has definitely changed, dull and cooler – maybe that few days sunshine we had recently is our summer !!!  Rolling Eyes  Sounds like it’s just as chilly with you LW if you’ve had to put the heating back on affraid
It was a busy weekend for me, out with work for a meal and a few drinks http://www.picgifs.c on Friday night.  Saturday I came into work in the morning for 3 hours before heading home for a ‘Royal Ascot’ Day.  There were 5 of us, we all put in £5 a race and I placed all the bets online.  We had 3 returns which meant we got all our ‘stake’ money back plus £45 profit so instead of dividing that up between the 5 of us we put it on the lottery/ euromillions.  No returns from Saturday's lottery so fingers crossed the Euromillions is a bit luckier for us tonight Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 431638  It was a good day/night where quite a few bottles of champagne drunken were drunk in the afternoon then we had a fondue and more drink at night.  Sunday was a lazy one Sleep after those two hectic days !

lol! WS, that’s some sacrifice having to go to the pub for internet connection – nice one Wink

PPH I bet that person in your work who sees the Roe Deer regularly gets very little work done !!!  It would be lovely if she has had a little one and even better if you saw it.  Good to hear you get paid extra for the extra effort you put in Very Happy

Hope the seminar was of use to you both Lai.   Hope the photography with Ali was good fun / constructive, I’m very jealous you were riding but it does sound like you are suffering a bit for your exertions Crying or Very sad  Hope the Ibuprofen clears up your sore back soon, big bosie Hugs  Sounds like the stall on Sunday went well even if it was windy/cold pale.

Yes, how did the Trivia Night go GR ????

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Doogs Group Hug

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:27 pm

I have just put Leo outside and as I was carrying him out I had this very serious tone of voice saying something like, "Leaping, it's just something that I have to do sometimes, converse with the humans."

And it is very important actually; and an especially vital component of that for me is the WAA. So here I am again Very Happy

The loveable Leo will be back inside very shortly, but I think this time I gave him about twenty warnings without even yelling, though I did just spend over an hour in bed snuggling with them both. The more snuggles can sometimes just mean the more that it's therefore expected.

The past couple of days I have been feeling a little virusey and with that, very tired. So last night was mostly snuggles on the couch with my wonder woos, but I've still been taking them on walks too. This week I got my car back from repairs Embarassed so this is a good thing, as well as plenty of other stuff to look forward to such as Tour De France, book work and another trip to the zoo!

Though given my tiredness I might pass on a Saturday trip; we'll see how I go.

How is Rosie going Lai? I hope that she and Tamu are really besties by now.

When I watched Big Cat Diary with Tamu, it wasn't until the next day that I picked up on where I had heard the name before! I was thinking Tamu & Poomba (? off Lion King), but had an inkling that it was another creature of greater (or grand http://www.picgifs.c) importance Very Happy

The lions trials and tribulations with her cubs were amazing, and also the cheetah Honey fighting off a different lioness. Incredible!

Doogs, I feel that running (I used to do it) is exactly like swimming as you described it! You can't be bothered doing it, but once actually bothering to do so we feel quite good, and it can be strangely exhillirating. Bad spelling on that I know, but can't be bothered correcting it Razz

PPH, have you seen the baby deer at all? Green Day and Jimmy Eat World must have played a lot together as my brother saw them both one year. The new Jimmy album seems good. My 'date' went well on Friday night; we had a couple of good listens and I have had a couple more since then.

WS, I laughed a lot about your sacrifices for us; with having to go to that horrid pub Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

Oh, I got rather drunk Friday night, but didn't quite go the vom Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 768480 and then Saturday night was quieter drinks I guess (though still a little drunken ) at the trivia. Our team did not win, but we were at least in the middle placings somewhere. We had six on our table (my brother couldn't make it as he was sick) and I probably contributed to around 12-15 % of our answers. One was that Justin Rose won the US Open, which I got from the WAA! I gave no credit to where it was deserved though tongue But really I should have said, "That answer was courtesy of Doogsy!" Team members; "Doogsy?"

I can't remember many other questions/answers just now, though did impress others by knowing for 100% certainty as to who the only tennis player is to win all grand slams and the Olympics in the one year.

Steffi Graf.

Oh, and I probably did get a higher percentage of answers, but James already had most of the song ones covered Very Happy

Two or three nights ago I watched Salt, a terrific action flick. I had seen it at the cinemas about two years ago, but just recently got the DVD. It stars Angelina Jolie as a rather believable kick ass super spy (although that jumping off onto moving trucks and down the elevator chutes was dodging a fine line with believability Laughing), and the plot is relatively intricate too. Hopefully they make a sequel, and there is scope for it, as the first film has a fairly open ended conclusion.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Good evening everyone - a day of sunshine mostly which has been lovely.

Doogs you are mad busy as ever and sounds like you are having a fun time.  Oooooooh I love fondue, I think I must mention that to Pete for a Saturday night.  Did you win the lottery?  If so please let us know and we'll all come and join you for a massive WAA celebration drunkenhttp://www.picgifs.c

Still suffering with my back but trying not to lift stuff, we're off to Shetland Friday morning flying via Aberdeen and spending a week watching otters, whales,  puffins etc with SK and 22 other people.  It should be great and fingers crossed the weather is fine and warm.

GR hope you are okay now and feeling better.  Rosie and Tamu are fine thanks, Rosie doesn't seem to care whether Tamu likes her or not :Dshe's just happy to be here and having fun.  You are spot on Tamu is named after Tamu in Big Cat Diaries.  Tamu means sweet in Swahili so that's our Ridgie Very Happy

Caught up with a little Wimbledon today, lots of people out with injuries and blaming the courts :shock:seems strange.

Have a fun evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 am

Bingo tonight, was down to waiting for 1 number on at least 5 occasions and still I couldn't shout HOUSE !!! No Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 615959

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather GR, hope it passes soon and you are feeling tip top again before you know it.  Great memories that of the BCD DVD you've been watching Cool.  Aaaah see the things you learn on this forum Very Happy, glad you were able to bring some of it your Trivia night.  I presume you calling it a TN that's just the same as us calling it a Quiz Night, just a different way of saying it ?  Well done with the tennis question Wink Must confess to never have heard of the film Salt, sounds like AJ does what she does best in it, kicks ass !!! Laughing

No luck with any of our lottery tickets Lai, can you believe that !!! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 615959 I would definitely organise a WAA get together if I won a lot of money.  You're weekend away with SK sounds amazing, I really hope you are lucky with what you see and I'll keep my fingers crossed you get good, clear weather.  Hope you get some good otter pictures, I adore them I love you My youngest nephew is working up in Shetland just now but there would be more of chance of you seeing him in the pub 🍺than anywhere near wildlife !!!  Shame you're not in Aberdeen for any longer than connecting flights.  Look after that back of yours Crying or Very sad

That was very strange day today at Wimbledon with all the withdrawals/injuries then to top it all Federer gets beat Shocked

Doogs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:13 am

Just a short and sweet message for now - then out to tv room to watch some footy with the folkies - but just before my Mum did something rather apt. A Mothers sixth sense perhaps? But she has handed me an article that was just in our newspaper about the perils of texting whilst driving. I don't think she suspected anything (I didn't tell them that I was doing 'that' when I crashed), in fact she even goes something like, "I know that Stephen would be more likely to do something like that than you, but please read it, to stop something like that from happening." The article even mentions those who died as a result Sad

So that is a really cool thing that my mum just did Very Happy Hugs

The newspaper report mentions smileys. My Mum should know that I love them!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 am

Mums have ESP as far as their children go GR Very Happy. Shame about the Bingo Doogs, but at least your getting close, so frustrating though to only want one. :wow:that should be a fantastic trip to Shetland with SK Lai, I feel another slide show coming on No Pressure :hehe:We had a gorgeous day here yesterday, but its back to the miserable Raining Rain stuff today Mad
Hope you all are getting better weather
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm

No :face:Doogs what a shame with the bingo, better luck next time cheers

We've also got rain here WS and buckets of it, good for the garden I am sure but miserable really.  We've so many recently fledged birds I feel really sorry for them.

Very Happy GR - perhaps she does indeed have a 6th sense Suspect

I think Shetland may be a bit Rain Raining too so I am about to sort out a lot of wet weather gear and boots and hats etc.  No idea about what to expect except that 2 mornings we are out at 5am looking for otters What a Face

If I get any decent photos I will put something together once I'm back.

Signing off for now and back on Saturday week.

Take care everyone and don't work too hard Doogs.  I will have a few Dawa Doogs (it was SK who first got me onto these Wink)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next