Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:25 pm

affraid affraid Sounds like your in a right mess GR. Now let me think Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 45922 first are you sure you have'nt loosend a pipe sometime ago so there was a leak so your Mum would do your washing. Second are you using the right remote, when you press something on it does the TV change channels ? Rolling Eyes Third excercise now I have to admit this has got me beat. So just to make sure I've got it right, you said before you take Bella, and Ralphy for a walk then when you get home, you lift them up, and down a few times, does'nt that upset the Dogs ?. I dont know if it's dumb, but would'nt it be better to lift those things you bought perhaps that will ring a bell, and help you out Very Happy
Hope Nero's recovering LW. Glad Rosie, and Kip got on OK, I'm sure Tamu will come round.

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Oh my goodness GR, it's all going on in your place at the moment but it sounds as though WS is offering some solutions.......or not Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 40683 isn't it always the way that when one thing goes wrong more will follow. Hope you get it all sorted soon.......preferably without WS's help lol!

I must admit, your comment about a water bed had me in stitches ROFL

Lai I am pleased that Rosie & Kip got long just fine and as you say, Tamu will come around and the will all be friends. By the time Kip comes home Tamu and Rosie will be old friends so Kip should just slide in quite peacefully. I looked at your link yesterday and Kip is gorgeous but then again so were the others, lets hope they all find homes very soon.

Nero is doing ok thanks guy's. He is not a very roughty toughty dog but he has taken these two incidences in his stride which I am pleased about, generally he will milk things for more attention (as dogs can do Very Happy ) but this time he has been very brave and just got on with it and thankfully the steroid cream is working well.

My back is getting there thanks GR, it's not as acutely painful, just a constant backache that doesnt go way but in August I am starting Pilates for beginners with a friend, I cant do anything until then, but it will help and also help the connecting muscles that have become very tight so it should feel easier when I have done a few classes. We are having Private classes as it will be tailored to my back and the girl I am going with, one of the cardiac rehab nurse slipped a disc a while ago so she has to be careful too but it will be nice to have individual attention and a tailored program. I am also thinking of taking up Tai Chi but I will get the Pilates under my belt first. Has anyone else ever done Tai Chi?

A friend asked me this evening if I would join her team in a quiz night, it's raising money for the bears in Romania who have been used as entertainment from cubs and then are caged because they have grown to big, it's to help rescue them and it's all part of the Big Bear Rescue for the World Society for the protection of Animals. You pay your £7.50 and get a Ploughmans tea, it's on the 29th June and it should be a good evening and for a good cause as well. My mum has said she will come along as well as its for the bears, so the bears gain and so will we as she is a whizz at quizes cheers I will let you know how it goes.

Nearly Friday bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am

Tai Chi No it's not one I know or have tried Littlewid, but surely worth a go and Pilates should certainly help, I have a friend who swears by it.

I love quizzes but am scratch Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 615959 so Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 431638 and knock them out, we'll be routing for you. My mum once entered 6 of us for the East Cheshire hospice quiz. There were lots of teams as it was a major fund raiser for them - we came last Embarassed and they made a big thing of telling everyone Laughing it was funny, but we've not been back silent Big Bear Rescue sounds like a really good cause Littlewid so whilst you'll be having fun you'll also be doing some real good.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Will have to come back to this thread at home, far too much to catch up on now my lunch hour is nearly over . . . Lots of exciting things to comment on though Very Happy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 3072742194 http://i73.servimg.c
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

You are in very http://i77.servimg.c form WS!

In actual fact Leo is quite a lump of a lad and would make a good dumbbell Laughing

VERY late now here, so off to bed; but will catch up more over the long weekend http://i70.servimg.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

Another lovely sunny day, the weather has been gorgeous hasn't it and I think it's set to last all weekend.

Apologies for not being on the last couple of evenings, Thursday we had my little great neices birthday, Ella was 6 so we were round there and it got late by the time I got home and I went and did my shopping last night as I am out to lunch today with friends which will be good.

I have a few more photos of our Doves that I will post later Very Happy

Nero's face is clearing nicely so fingers crossed thats the last of that and no more hiccups for him.

Hows it all going with Tamu and Rosie Lai? I hope it's still all good and they are becoming good friends.
The Hospice quiz was a good cause Lai and when it's something like that it doesn't matter where you come does it, it's the taking part and raising money and thats how I feel about the Bears, I too love quizes but I love the fun of it so I am sure it will be a good evening. I will let you know how many teams there are and where we come but be prepared for bottom Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 40683

Hows your long weekend going GR? I hope you and the pooches are having a good one Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 768480

Have a lovely day everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 am

Just lost a long post I'd written due to silly internet connection (is there anything less reliable? Laughing ). Very frustrating.

LW, good to hear about Nero's improved condition http://i70.servimg.c and that Mr sunny has finally got off his ass and gotten to work for you guys north of the equator cheers

Footy was fun last night and my team won in a nailbiter. Should be off to Werribee Zoo tomorrow http://i70.servimg.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Just a quickie as the sun is intermittent here today and I don't want to miss it What a Face Razz

Good news about the footie GR - bad news about the internet No confused

Sounds like you're busy Littlewid and having a good time, great that Nero is getting better too. I agree about the taking part, it is just that it was very funny coming bottom Very Happy

Things are good between Tamu and Rosie, they are muddling along together, mostly good as gold, just the odd snarl from Tamu which Rosie completely ignores and runs so much faster it doesn't matter. She got the mads yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing watching her with Tamu trying to keep up but being a Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 3072742194 she can outrun anything!

Enjoy the sunny I hope its okay over those Welsh hills WS and better than it is here Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Sounds like Rosie is a real champ with you all already Lai, and wonderful to hear that she has you laughing heapsy; a sure sign that she is a terrific addition to your loving family Group Hug
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Oh indeedy GR - here is our Rosie, looking very chilled enjoying an afternoon in the garden

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 2013-017

It's a hard life being a dog Very Happy
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 2013-018

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:23 am

They are very lovely pics Lai. Rosie is a beautiful dog.

Yes, I reckon life is pretty much all sunny and flower for some dogs Laughing

Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 3209759362 G http://i77.servimg.c R Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 1121954183

P.S. These pics are right by your African hut?
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:38 pm

http://i70.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c Well spotted http://www.picgifs.c eyes, they are indeedy. I should have included it, then you would know what Littlewid and I are on about. Will do next time Very Happy

Thank you GR she is certainly a very beautiful dog Group Hug

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 40683 Now that is one very chilled out happy Dog by the look of it Lai. She's a beautiful Girl with a new beautiful life thanks to you, and Pete.
The weather's been georges here, with a nice breeze off the sea, unfortunately I was a bit off colour yesterday, so I did'nt get on, but I'm OK today.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Group Hug WS - I hope you're feeling okay now and able to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Thanks, Rosie is very chilled and really seems to be coming into her own now, she even played with a toy, and she loves her daily scooby snax.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm

What lovely pictures of Rosie Lai, she looks very at home and happy there and playing with toys is a sure sign of being settled isn't it I love you she looks s if she has slept beside the African Hut forever Group Hug

WS, so sorry to hear you have not been well pale but i'm pleased to hear you are feeling better today bounce fingers crossed it stays that way Very Happy

It was a gorgeous day here yesterday and it turned into a nice day today after a very chilly, windy start.
Yesterday I was out for lunch with some friends which was lovely and then I met my mum and we went to garden centre and I brought some bright tub for the side of my house with some evergreen plants as I am waiting for the wild flowers to grow, they are doing well but obviously no flowers as yet, it's too early. Then I was bobbling around and I must admit, I was watching my chicks nearly all evening, but more on them later or tomorrow but they were my reason for my absence in the evening I love you

Today, oh yes, a nursery today, no cafe just a pure nursery which I just love, plants galore and I brought a dessert gooseberry bush with loads of gooseberrys on it, they are not ready for eating just yet, they need plumping up but it does have a bumper crop. It's 2 yrs old so well established and I will post it in a new thread that I am going to name "Summer Flowers & Pictures 2013" so we can all post in there our summer pictures. I also brought another plant but the name eludes me right now Embarassed
Again I have been watching my chicks, I have been a very devoted human mother and in between time getting things done here and of course walking Nero.

My phone went blip, so I wasn't getting any emails or FB notification on it, so it took me a while to sort that this evening but now its all good bounce

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, can't believe it's Monday already tomorrow, the weekend has flown by.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 pm

That's no good about you ill health WS. I did notice that this place has been a little quieter of late. We need our true king albino back to full fitness!

Lovely to hear that Rosie has taken to her scooby snax cheers

LW, you seem very much in green thumb mode indeedy Very Happy

Hope that everyone enjoys the return back to work...or at least doesn't strongly dislike it Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh my word I’ve really fallen behind in this thread . . . . and that’s lethal for catching up pale

Firstly I must apologise Lai for not posting sooner and commenting on you & Pete’s new addition http://i73.servimg.c. She is absolutely gorgeous and I just loved that last pictures you posted of her lying out in your garden, she looks so chilled and relaxed Cool I think you’ve done getting two new dogs in a really good way, one first, let her settle then get the other dog, very well thought out. It’s really great that she is getting along with Tamu as well, makes life an awful lot easier for you both. Has Rosie had her ‘vet check’ yet ? Do you know what is wrong with her foot ?

I know this is going back quite a few posts but GR that was an amazing coincidence re your friend and the Liz – Kate – Kip scenario, brilliant cheers Poor Bella not liking the thunder, I love listening to it and it’s even better if there’s some groovy lightening to go with it ! Lightening Those Starship songs are always good for a sing along. Don’t you just hate it when you type a long post and lose it before you press the send button, grrrr Mad

Liking the new Greyhound emoticons WS Very Happy Very funny comments re GR’s domestic situation, only you can come up with these You the man

My goodness LW you’ve had a time of it with poor Nero Crying or Very sad Glad to hear that lump was benign, that must have been a big relief for you and good on him for being a brave boy I love you You’ve had a right time of it with your back, I really hope you can get something to alleviate the pain Pilates is supposed to be excellent and a private class will be just the job for you and your friend. Quiz Night sounds a good night and great that is for a very worthwhile cause.

I’ve had a busy couple of weekends. Last week I was looking after Syd as mum & dad were in Edinburgh for 3 nights. He was a wee menace in that he was put into his cage at bedtime on Friday, like he always is but he whined, howled and barked for ages until I could take it no more and went through and shouted at him then he stopped, he did the same again on Sat night then Sun he got his own way as I had a friend staying and didn’t want him keeping her awake so he slept beside me with his head on the pillow – he’s not stupid eh !!! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 615959 This weekend I was out with the girls on Friday, good night then Sat went to the local pub with my mum, dad & oldest nephew for tea and a few drinks, ended up being a wee bit of a sesh drunken http://www.picgifs.c

Well that’s Monday’s working day is nearly over http://i70.servimg.c

Will catch up more later on.

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Good afternoon everyone. It's difficult keeping up with this thread even if you only miss a day Laughing

I love looking at plants and gardens Littlewid, and your day out sounds perfect, although I do enjoy a flapjack or something tasty as well (off coffee and hot choccie at the moment Sad )

Thanks for your comments about Rosie Doogs, yes she's been to the vet and it seems a toe on each front foot is inflamed so she is on antibiotics first and then we'll have to see, I hope she won't have to have an op.

I am laughing about Syd - he's got you wrapped around his front paw, head on the pillow Laughing that's so funny.

Glad you've had a good time though.

Pete's thinking we should go to the gym tonight after an absence of at least 10 months - why I ask myself? I have no desire to at all Laughing

Have a great evening everyone - the sun is shining again http://i70.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Nothing wrong with a goood sesh Doogs drunken Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 40683 . Well you cant call him silly Sid can you, very clever. Enjoy the sunny Lai, clouds are on the way from this side of the hills Rolling Eyes Sorry
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm

I had some great news last week. I'm not sure if I told you on here that I applied to be a volunteer at the Commonwealth Games next year in Glasgow, well..... Ive been invited up for an interview in Glasgow on August 10th.

Itll be only a flying visit to Glasgow, going up early morning on the 10th and coming home on the 11th but thankfully I have friends who live in Airdrie so I can stay with them and catch up with a curry and maybe a few glasses of vino.

Theyve put me down to work (if I pass the interview) for Spectator Services, which is basically helping out the spectators in every way from giving directions to checking tickets. I would love to be chosen as I think itll be a lot of fun, very tiring but fun
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:21 am

Some quality conversing on here Very Happy

I agree about the difficulty with catching up sometimes! But its a great thing actually that this place is a hive of activity; just catch up with what is of most relevance to you Doogsy.

The Kate, Kip thing was rather WOW indeed, but I am a very crazed spiritual guy who will see anything in anything Razz Well, many people don't like to look for metaphors so much perhaps, but I think it adds life meaning, and so I just thought it quite sweet that after her dog passes, Penny did too (at about the same time), and then along comes Kip. So it's pretty Cool I think. But we have to wait and see if Kip is okay for you yet Lai? Or has that decision already been made in the affirmative and you are just waiting until you return from your holiday?

Lai, in regards to getting out of your gym session, just look sternly at Pete and reply to his suggestion with, "Are you saying I'm getting fat?" Razz

But if he's smart he will make comment on his own round rump and say that he just thought you might like to come along, and you know, give him some moral support Laughing

And then if you feel like you really can't get out of it, break down in Sad and whimper, "I've already got one boy calling me an elephant, and now this!"

Or, "But I've got the off coffee and hot choccie figure!" Very Happy

"Poor Bella not liking the thunder, I love listening to it and it’s even better if there’s some groovy lightening to go with it!" - You can always imagine life as a party Doogs! That's a terrifically positive trait cheers

I had better not lose this post!!

I have just copied it all now Very Happy

"ended up being a wee bit of a sesh" - Laughing it took me about twenty seconds to work out that you meant session. It just wasn't registering with me at all Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 615959 lol!

That Syd has some good tactics Razz

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 305898 PPH on your scoring on an interview for the Comm Games volunteer spot cheers And sounds like it will be a fun trip for you to Glasgow in two months regardless of the eventual outcome with the position.

Speaking of the gym, I did a minor 'sesh' this evening, although minor still equates to probably the most I've done so far Laughing And then I had a pie for dinner (talk about wasting all that good work Razz ) and a nice walkie. We saw our little friend again, with the black dog bouncing around and following us for about ten minutes. He let us go near where we found him/her, so it must live around that street. I still couldn't get close enough to pet the little champ though...soooo quick!

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm

I Agree Lai and GR about the catching up on this thread at time s pale

That’s good to hear about Rosie, that it does not appear to be too serious, strange though that she’s got one on each foot, is it the same toe ? Fingers crossed as well that she doesn’t need an op No

No WS, you certainly can’t call Syd silly – too smart for his own good, meance. Believe me if my friend had not been staying on the Sunday night he would have been in his cage again howling and all !!!! I must admit though he did look rather cute when I opened my eyes and saw him lying there next to me I love you

Oh absolutely nothing wrong with a good sesh WS Wink and well done GR for eventually working out what I meant.

http://i73.servimg.c PPH at getting an interview for the Commonwealth Games next year, Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 431638 with that, I’m sure you’ll do just fine in the interview. Spectator Services definitely sounds good fun Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 853843 Glasgow is an excellent place for a good curry.

Thunder / lightening – very similar in sound and vision to fireworks – PARTY ! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 408422 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 40683

Ok GR, you do a good thing, wee exercise sesh and then you go and have a pie Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 615959 – the two do not go together !! Laughing Do you think that wee dog is a stray ? Does it wear a collar ?

I’ve got another sesh tonight . . . . . a swimming one, better for me ! Wink

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Help - must catch up with this thread later today, I'm getting behind again Razz I must try and do this one first rather than last Very Happy

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm

I need another catch up too Lai, looks like it will be after my tea though now, so back later..........................

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm

I've got a couple of PM's from WS and Lai yesterday/today but for some reason every time I go to reply to them it's freezing my system and I can't.  Because I am at work I'm not going to try anymore . . . . just incase but it was just to let you both know I'm not ignoring you !!!

Does everyone else's screen look different when they reply to a post ?  The 'bar' where the font sizes, emoticons is in a different place with a different layout for me scratch

Went to my swimming last night, 45 lenths then out, Bingo tonight with my mum & sister.

Have a good day everyone.
Doogs
Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next