Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 pm

That's not good for you WS and I'm sorry to hear that. You need to keep warm, drink plenty of fluids........ No No No  not  No Boddys Here! .......water my friend and fruit juice and yes get off to see that Doctor tomorrow.
Don't worry about here, you just need to look after yourself as the forum will look after itself.
Take care Buddy  Group Hug 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 am

Good morning everyone

WS I hope you've been to see the doctor and they've sorted you out, it sounds like you're having a rough time at the moment.  Keep warm and hydrated and as Littlewid says not the  No Boddys Here! 

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 2224760601  The soup maker is here  http://i70.servimg.c  so tonight I will try some soup making.  Not sure what's in the fridge but I've some home grown tomatoes that I froze so those will come in handy.

London was great, just 24 hours and catching up with some friends we met on various trips firstly in Kenya at Rekero camp and then in Galapagos last April.  We're also going to Namibia in July so it's lovely to talk safari and not bore everyone else!  Ali and I had a 3 hour photo session with a great photographer she knows through the Nikon Club (I am Canon but who cares) and he gives us instruction on anything we want to cover.  We did panning whilst standing on the Embankment watching the cars, mopeds and bikes go by.  We got some strange looks but it was funny.

Have a good day everyone, happily we have  sunny  today  http://i70.servimg.c 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 pm

That's no good at all about your ill health WS  No Sounds like you could do with a dose of warm Melbourne weather. Expected to be about forty degrees for the next four days  affraid 

Sounds like everyone is getting into their soup; good idea if you all have cold weather right now  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480 

Lai, anyone who gives you a weird look while panning, just flash them a dead pan look back  Laughing 

GR  sunny 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:19 pm

ROFL  G  Giraffe   Giraffe  R - I did get a photo of one man who is eyeing us very suspiciously, I wonder what he had to hide?

Lucky you with the weather GR although 40 is a bit too hot  Shocked 

Lai  Cool 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Far too hot indeedy  Razz 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Will catch up with this thread soon  affraid 

Big  Hugs to you WS, you just can't seem to shake off that chest infection can you. Hope the Doc can give you something else that will help you get rid of it once and for all. Take care rafiki and yes stay warm and keep hydrated.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Good Evening Everyone  Very Happy 

Glad your soup maker has arrived Lai, how was the soup making this evening ? looking forward to hearing what you think about it  bounce 

London sounded great, catching up with friends and a photography master class as well  http://i70.servimg.c Sounds as though you will be having some good safari'ing this year  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843 

affraid  40 degrees GR.......that's positively boiling  sunny sunny sunny how are the pooches dong in the heat? I hope they are ok.

Hope your feeling better today WS and not so poorly  pale 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi Everyone
Thanks for the good wishs, I'm feeling a bit better today, fingers X the tabs are starting to work. I was going to catch up on some posts earlier, but I got that mad at the news about the Elephant on the home page, and it took me ages to get it on, but I was so incensed at the neeless killing of the Animal I was dtermined to get it on. Must be slowing down lol. Anyway I will catch up some more tomorrow

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am

Good to know you are feeling a little better WS. Fingers crossed you kick it on the head this time  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 431638 

We tried some 'whatever veg is in the fridge' soup last night Littlewid. Tasty and interesting, although not pureed as I expected, I did give it 2 goes but probably needed to dice my veg a bit smaller  Laughing 

GR I hope you and the furries are managing to keep cool  Shocked 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks Lai. Just thought Guys does your soup makers, do a Steak & Ale Pie soup ?. Seeing as there's  No Boddys Here! I need to use them up before they go out of date, and a nice salad to go with the soup would be nice. If they do can you use short crust pastry, I hate that flakey stuff, and just blend that, and the Steak. Then serve the Boddies as a side salad preferably in a pint pot, and not in a salad bowl, it tends to dribble down my shirt.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better WS, hopefully these new tablets are doing the trick.

Oh good grief to that soup WS !!!

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 615959  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 Vomit10
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 pm

http://i73.servimg.c lol! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683 ROFL Brilliant Doogs love it

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 am

You the man  WS -  I Agree  with Doogs that soup was totally  affraid  No   Suspect 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Sorry I've been off again. It never rains but it pours  What a Face . I've had a couple of nightmare days with telephone, and interent wiring. Our WIFI signal does'nt reach all round the house, so I decided to buy a WIFI signal extender. Followed the quick set up instructions  No . Tried a hardwire ethernet connection  No , then the router lost the internet connection  What a Face I decided to move the router instead  No the wires in the connection socket in the telephone extension cable snapped  What a Face No internet No phone  What a Face eventualy managed to reconnect the wires in the right order after that many attempts I lost count, and it was fine worked OK, internet worked OK. Sorted  No The phone we've got is wirless with an extension in another room, which has been ringing out of sequence so calls are cutting off before we can answer, so I decided to unregister it so it did'nt work, then I noticed the internet signal had gone again,  What a Face tried the phone,  No that had stopped working, reversed the the things I'd done with the phone to reset it  No internet  No phone, sound familiar ?. Right I'm fed up by now, suddenly the light came on in my brain such as it is, the phones are old anyway, and we really only need one with an answer phone. I'll get a new phone, got a new one fron Argos plugged it in it lit sorted  🇳🇴It said check phone line  scratch the reconnected wires had come away from the connector again  affraid refixed them Internet on  Laughing phone on  Laughing So now I've got a new phone we did'nt need, and a Wifi extender thats does'nt work, and everythings still the same as before I started. Lesson if it aint broke do'nt fix it, and leave well alone. Phew I feel better now I got that lot down  Laughing .
Will try to catch up again as soon as poss
Ok so you do'nt like the soup Idea, but if it's  No Boddys Here! then I shall be really fed up, and will just have to have a Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 1_bmp10

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:22 am

affraid   What a Face   pale  WS - that is one serious nightmare! Poor you. I really sympathise with all that, Pete will understand but most of it goes over my head but I know we have to have various extras in the house here in order to get signals in different rooms and when it goes wrong we lose BB etc. It really is maddening so  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 431638 

BT at least once a week are on the main road trying to sort out the local problem here but all that happens is if we are all okay and working then the neighbours aren't and it seems to go round in a circle  scratch 

Famous Grouse - eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww I think that's worse than the Boddy's soup WS  cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:09 pm

We've had a visit to the vet today with Tamu and Kip. Tamu needed her booster and kennel cough and we've discovered a lump on top of one of her ears, so they've taken a sample and we have to wait and see what it is. Fingers crossed it is nothing serious and can be removed easily, as it's positioned right on the top I am not sure it will be easy. She's a real handful with kennel cough and doesn't like it up her nose so a 3 person job to hold her still  What a Face 

Kip had bloods taken to see if her thyroid is okay as her bottom is going a bit bald and it's getting worse  What a Face Let's hope she'll be okay, apparently there are many types of alopecia so it may take awhile to get to the bottom of if (no pun intended)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Good afternoon one and all  Very Happy 

Flippin Heck WS, what a nightmare all that sounded  affraid you must have had a stonking headache after all of that but you sound like me, once your on a mission the mission ain't gonna beat ya  No can you take the items back that you don't need? if not at least you have a phone in case anything goes wrong with the other one and I would take the wifi connector back and say it doesn't work.....refund please  Very Happy 
Your soup sounded dreadful and Doogs's emoticon was just brilliant  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683 ........hope you are now feeling much better.

Lai with the soup maker, I have not used the puree I have cooked on chunky and then used the blend button to make nice smooth soup but I know you do have to chop your veggies to 2 - 3cms but next time I make some I will use the puree and see what happens.

Oh no, I hope the lump on Tamus ear is going to be nothing, hopefully it will be a little cyst that is nothing, dogs can get these little fatty lumps as well that are nothing and they leave alone as long as it is not bothering the dog. I remember Nero had a lump on his face but for the life of me I cant remember what the vet called it but he said they can appear on the ears as well and they are usually benign and disappear and Nero's did so maybe Tamu has something like that.
Poor Kip too, thyroid is the obvious thought as their hair loss would be the same as us but as you say, alopecia in dogs has many causes, hopefully your vet will find the answer soon......I nearly said the same as you there  Very Happy  poor Kip hopefully all will be well with her as well. We all send love and  Group Hug  from all of us here.

Excuse my absence the last couple of days too guy's, annoyingly the lupus decided to have a real laugh or should I say run a marathon around me but I think he's getting a bit worn out himself now as he seems to be running less aggressively  http://i70.servimg.c 
Everyone else here is fine, Nero, Tiga & Splodge are all in fine fettle which is lovely.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 am

Group Hug  Littlewid, poor you and I hope you'll be feeling 100% soon, you're having a tough old time with the Lupus. Good to know all the furries are well. Tamu is fine and enjoying the attention, being a needy Ridgeback she loves me oooooooing and aaaaaahhhhhhhing over her poor little ear
 Hugs  and hopefully it will be nothing to worry about.

Okay, thanks for the tip on the soup maker, I will have another go today and try chunky and then blend - I didn't think about that  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 615959 

I've noticed our snowdrops are beginning to show which is always a good sign and a lovely time of year. Also a new bird has been visiting our feeders a Redpoll (well a pair of them) a lovely little bird that we've never seen before, I was very excited as they are on the decline sadly but they've been around for a week or so obviously passing through. The feeders are so busy just now but the Goldfinches rule here for sure  Laughing 

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/l/lesserredpoll/index.aspx

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 am

what a lovely little bird Lai and I must confess not one I had ever heard of and I was quite surprised to read that they like to hang upside down in trees  What a Face it will be interesting to hear if they are around on the bird watch at the weekend. Thanks for the link Lai.

Bless Tamu, she sounds like Nero if there is something wrong, as long as the attention is there whatever is the matter doesn't bother too much, dogs are quite amazing aren't they  I love you give her an OOOOOOOOO and an Aaaaaahhhhhhh form all of us here  Group Hug 

Let me know how your soup making goes with the chunky and then blend. I will be making more this week and I will try the puree to see what happens as ive not used that one before, I will let you know how that goes.

At the moment its a lovely day here, nice and sunny and dry but i'm not sure if that's supposed to last, it will be nice if it is going to last for the day, it will make a change from all this rain and wind for sure.

Have a lovely day everyone, whatever you are up too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks  Littlewid, I'm about to go and check Tamu's ear and give her more  Hugs  so she'll be happy with even more ooooooooooooohs.

I'm planning a soup session tomorrow night and will def chunk and then blend, it makes sense now you mention it  Laughing 

Sunny here too so going to make the most of it  sunny 

Fingers crossed those Redpolls hang around for the big bird count next weekend, but I always seem to find when I am doing it all our lovely favourites vanish  What a Face 

Enjoy Sunday  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 71418 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear about Tamus ear, and Kips thyroid problems Lai, I hope the results turn out OK fingers X, keep us informed. I've never seen a Redpoll, I'll have to Google that one. I've given up with the soup, as you lot wont make me a Steak one with a Boddies side salad, and I cant even have a Grouse about it  Mad .
On the good side I've finaly managed to sort the Wifi stuff out, bought a different model, and after a few aborted attempts, managed to get it to work, wont bore you with the details. We now have with a special dongle I bought last year, that I have'nt been able to you because of the Wifi issue, a 40" Smart HD TV, that we can get BBC, and ITV I players on instead of watching them on the laptop. Plus I can also watch the little Videos I do, and also the ones you all post, plus your pics on a full 40" screen , brilliant. Plus its converted the TV into an Android based device that I can download Apps on.
Hope you all had a good weekend, our weather like Lais was really nice yesterday, we took a run along the coast, and on the beach there were loads of people, and even kids with buckets, and spades, lovely to see. COME ON SPRING

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 am

http://i73.servimg.c  WS, it sounds like you've cracked it now and are properly up and running which is great news  http://i70.servimg.c 

Last nights soup was delicious. I wish I had read the instructions last time Littlewid, but I did as you suggested and we had a lovely veggie soup. It really is so easy and you can just anything you like, which is handy as that's what is normally around in the veg department.

Have a good day everyone - still sunny but cold today.

Lai  http://www.picgifs.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Some not too good news from the vet just now. Tamu has a canine Mast cell tumour, they are graded from 1 to 3, 1 being the least aggressive and she has a 2. She will have it removed once we are back from Kenya and then it will be sent off to histology. Apparently they are very common and likely to return. Meantime we have to check daily it isn't getting larger and no others are appearing. Poor little Tamu, her ears are such delicate little things and she's going to maybe lose some of it  Sad 

I will keep you posted but fingers crossed she will be okay and the tumour won't spread or get worse.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Lai I am so sorry to hear that, I appreciate that is not the news you would have wanted to hear, that's quite a shock isn't it. The good thing though is that grade 1 and grade 11 MCT usually have excellent outcomes after surgery and often no other treatment is required, occasionally radiotherapy is used but I think that is only if they are not able to remove enough healthy tissues around the tumour but from what I understand the prognosis for grade 1 & grade 11 is really good. I am not a vet obviously but from my knowledge that's what I understand but I know you have an excellent vet and I am sure he would have told you all of this.
Tiga, Splodge, Nero and me all send our love to you and Pete and we send HUGE  Group Hug  and love to Tamu  I love you  please do let us know how she gets on, she will be in our thoughts and prayers, you can count on that.

littlewid, Tiga, Splodge & Nero xxxx
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Oh no Lai, we are so sorry to hear that news, poor Tamu. Hopefully after its been removed she will be OK, and as it's not a grade 3 she will need no further treatment. I dont know anything about this sort of problem, but from wahy both you, and LW have said the out look at least looks positive.
A great big  Group Hug to Tamu, you, and Pete from
Mrs S WS & Poppy
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next