Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
littlewid
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 Empty Re: Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 it does look amazing and I think its also close to the two other places you mentioned.

I think 2011 sounds like a very good year for a safari, I think you should get that booked!! Going to get a new camera as well!! All money money money, but well worth it Very Happy:D
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 Empty Re: Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Yes, I think Doogs is planning on going maybe October 2011. I am making enquiries at the moment for Feb 2011 or Sept/Oct 2011. I bought a camera on ebay a few years ago for some friends of mine who live in Kenya - it's well worth looking as plenty of deals around.

Having said that your photos have been amazing - Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Anne-Marie, thats all soooooooooooo exciting bounce I bet you wish it was september this year Very Happy it all sounds so wonderful and I am so pleased for you Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 it's just going to be amazing......if you need a Nurse to come with you just incase either of you get sick or something, you know where I am Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 40683 Oooooooo all those Ele's you are going to see, just wonderful, you shouldn't wish the time away but I hope it comes round real soon for you Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 pm

AM just so you are aware Im now hiring myself out as a Safari PA excellent rates and am available in September 2011!!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Actually Anne-Marie, I wil be keeping SM far too busy in September for time off and I think having a Nurse with you is far more important and useful than a safari PA ........i'm availabe as I said before lol! lol! lol!

littlewid-x- Very Happy
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 am

But then again Anne-Marie you could just have someone who just loves safaris - neither nurse nor PA

scratch Lai lol! Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 40683
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 am

cheers cheers That sounds like me. You dont want to be messing around with Nurses, and PA's. What you need is a guide, and I've got the biggest white stick you've ever seen. scratch
Sounds as though your going to have a fabulous time AM, a Honymoon to remember, and all those lttle elles to see as well
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 am

A nurse, a PA, a guide and someone who just love's safari's (and is also an excellent photographer) sounds just like what I need to take with me!!

Ahh I can't wait! This time in 13 months I'll be on my way down to the mara after seeing my little elephants!!!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

Hey AM absolutely delighted for you that you've booked your honeymoon and I can think of no better place to spend it than where you are going, fab cheers You're sooooo gonna love it.

Brilliant that you've got into the Governors, Marsh Pride Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 112330 on your door step, how cooool Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 853843 and as Lai has said already it's a great location within the Mara. Time as well in Nairobi so you can go and see your beloved elephant just brill Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418

Where are you staying in Mombasa ?

Fantastic Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 768480

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers

I'm a little bit excited!! Hoepfully lots and lots of pictures from the Mara and i've spent hours reading reviews on Governors and got goosebumps.

We're staying at Leopard Beach in Mombasa (well its just south) in one of their cottages Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Don't blame you !!!

We stayed in the Serena when we went in 2006 but friends we met on Safari fm Scotland stayed at the Leopard Beach and loved it - the decor looked amazing in their photos :)

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 pm

I am thinking you may have lots of helpers with this trip Anne-Marie, we need to get Doogs along as well - the more the merrier ................... oooooooops just remembered it's your honeymoon Laughing

The best ele photos I managed to get when we had 100's of them coming across the marsh and going into the woods was just by Governors Camp. You will just love it - eles everywhere, so much so we didn't know where to point our cameras and which ones to look at.

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 112210
Very Happy Couldn't resist just one ele photo Very Happy

I am just so pleased for you both Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 what a fantastic time you'll have.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 pm

We're defo going back next year, couldn't go another year without being in the Mara !!! We will be going Sept / October time.

Lovely photo Lai elephant I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks Doogs - i am determined to sort through my 1362 photos this weekend!!!

Always good to have a plan for returning to the Mara Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418

~Lai Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

1362 affraid Razz Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I know - new camera and I got a bit carried away, oh i did delete plenty before i downloaded them What a Face

So i need a quiet time to go through them and crop them and then i want to blow up a few for the house - Pete can print them for me in an ideal world.

Just one more ele photo for today elephant right by GOVERNORS CAMP !!!

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 115010

Lai Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Ok, I really want to let out a squeal at those photos!! i do hope i manage to get some like that! And how amazing that its right by governors!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Glad to hear good reports on Leopard Beach Doogs, I've been on tripadvisor and all those were good. Interestingly our other option was Serena Very Happy

I wonder how many pictures I'll take?? Very Happy Very Happy

Might see you out there Doogs!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Now that would be cool if we could all meet up in the Mara cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

I am guessing Anne-Marie that if you see the amount of eles we saw you'll take 100s Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 40683

Guess what? You might see me and Pete too Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 How cool to meet over sundowners Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 pm

You'll see me too, cos your deffo packing me as your Nurse........need to get a passport first though me thinks Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 40683

Ooooooo Anne-Marie, it's soooooooo exciting for you, what an amazing adventure your going to have Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 am

Meet up in the Mara sounds like a plan!! How funny would that be Very Happy

This time in 13 months I'll be in the Mara!! Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 I think I'm going to become unbearable soon!!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 am

13 months Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 71418 plenty of time to...........

learn Swahili Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari - Page 2 431638

Lai

ps i try every time !!!
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:35 am

I try too Lai but it's not an easy language to pick up !!! No

Jambo (Hello) and Asante Sana (Thank You Very Much) are always appreciated by the locals :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 am

Thank you Very Happy

Is it a case of say it how you read it?
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:41 am

Jambo straight forward AM and as it reads.

A-San-tae-Sana is how you pronounce 'Thank You Very Much' Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next