Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:47 pm

After being on a Safari for the last 3 days I have finally managed to track down the illusive beast cheers Our Dyson cheers hoover blew up Tuesday morning What a Face after around 9 yrs of use. So we set off in search of something new. We looked on line first, but with things like hoovers you need to feel the weight and how they feel when using them. So bags packed, and sandwich's off we went, 3 different Currys stores and a Tesco super store we thought we had located the beast, one that was just right for what we wanted, but each time we asked for it, the crafty animal had left its lair, and was out of stock Mad Mad Mad . We must have covered 70 miles or more, and returned home exhausted and out of sandwich's. Then this morning determined not to be outwitted I disguised my self and set out in search online, and finally trapped the beast in an Argos store 6 miles away Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 . We've been to collect it and Mrs S has now got it out of its cage and its happy purring away like a goodun. Sheesh thank heavens that's over feel like I've been living in a vacume the last three days lol!

WS

Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:17 am

You the man WS - great story and love the humour, think you might have been on the http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683

So pleased you've finally got a new vacuum Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:44 am

lol! Well there was certainly a few http://www.picgifs.c celebrations after Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:52 am

lol! and so there should have been after that epic expedition Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 As the yanks say when something like that happens It sucks lol! Hope everyones having a good weekend

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Yes, sunshine today sunny http://i70.servimg.c long may it last!

Hope it's the same over the welsh hills WS

Lai http://www.picgifs.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Hellooooooo Very Happy

Another kind of beast is back......Mrs Squirrel Squirrel (always loved that GR)

May be a slow starter but I am definitely back.....too much to explain so will save you all that but I'm here slow and steady http://heathersanima

That's a brilliant story WS and i'm pleased the beast was located and has settled in well Very Happy and all is well again in the starling household cheers

Well we've had hailstones today and relentless rain for days.....some of our little roads have flooded but nothing like when the village flooded and nothing like everyone else has had to suffer so we are really lucky and Nero and me especially today as we had just got in before it hailed like mad....that would have been painful...they were rather large affraid

I will scoot my way round the site and catch up where I can but loads has happened so wont be able to do it all but for sure I will catch up on holiday pics and stories from Lai and SM bounce

I hope everyone is ok...it's fantastic to be back but although my alter ego is Mrs Squirrel I am taking on the persona of Mrs http://heathersanima for a while but be warned this could soon be me http://www.picgifs.c

Have a great evening everyone.....stay safe and dry......we've had a few hoolies too Lightening Rain

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:33 pm

http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601  Littlewid's back.  Good to hear from you and  http://heathersanima  is a good pace to go when you've just come back  http://i77.servimg.c  is a bit manic to be honest.

I think our wildlife is completely confused by this weather - the pheasants are all in the garden, Fizal 1 and Fizal 2 his rival (and probablyhis relation) and 5 hens so far.  I am busy feeding them, along with the other birds.  The Sparrowhawk is constantly watching and swooping in but mostly happily missed when I am watching.  

Have a good evening everyone and welcome back again Littlewid  Group Hug

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:14 pm

It's genuinely good to be back Lai....even at http://heathersanima  pace...it'll take a little while to get to http://i77.servimg.c  level but i'll get there Very Happy

Good to hear that Fizal 1 & 2 are doing ok and the hens too and that Mr Sparrowhawk is being kept at bay Laughing ....I think lots of nature is getting confused......along one of my routes all the daffodils are starting to sprout but my worry is that it is now turning cold here, we've had one lot of hail storms and the temp has really gone down and we have just had another hailstorm......so is this going to kill off the daffs or will they be ok? I know the snow can keep the bulbs warm and they are ok but not too sure about the drop in temp!!!!......the poor wildlife must be so muddled...they have a lot to contend with don't they.

Nero has just stuck his nose out the back door and changed his mind Rain

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 am

Yes the bulbs as well, we already have snowdrops coming out and I am sure that is early? No daffs yet but we're up north Laughing

No hail here and at least it's dry just now, a bit colder though Earmuffs

Enjoy your week everyone

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 Great to see you LW . I have a better idea than being a snail be a Tortoise Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 Tr110 Just keep it to a couple of short posts a week till your feeling more up to it. LW and short in the same sentence ROFL it don't look right lol!
Same here this morning Lai sunny but colder, but better than rain. Not seen any flowers yet been to busy watching out for floods

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 WS - love that picture!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:40 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 Love that picture WS......I think tortoise is definitely the way to go Very Happy ......that snail looks rather speedy lol!

I haven't seen any snow drops Lai just the Daffs starting to sprout...... flower

The only thing that goes with littlewid and short WS is my height ROFL

what sad news about David Bowie today and I kind of applaud him for keeping his health quiet, so many stars shout from the roof tops but he has been quite dignified....he's a legend and his music is epic......RIP Ziggy Stardust

Well it has really turned very cold here today.....I think winter is on it's way for sure.......not looking forward to all that ice scraping in the mornings to come No

Is anyone watching the Voice on BBC1? it's not a fantastic program but this season Boy George and Paloma Faith are just a real hoot......worth a watch just for those two Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Sad RIP David Bowie such an amazing star and my absolute hero music wise, I started with the Ziggy Stardust album (just listening to it now in my office) wow he was ace and will be so missed. Definitely a sad day and one to remember and I also can't believe he kept his illness quiet for 18 months.

RIP Starman.

We caught the tail end of the Voice and I couldn't believe Paloma was for real Laughing I think we'll be watching it next week for sure.

Cold and wet today Shocked

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm

He definitely was brilliant Lai and he will be missed but it's also lovely to hear so much of his music on the radio and how wonderful that he has so many singles in the charts now and his albums are holding one to five.....I bet it's hard to get his latest album now but again its lovely to hear so much of his music and that people are being so respectful towards him. He had really taken himself away from the limelight for many years now hasn't he living a family life with his wife and daughter, it must be dreadful for them but also comforting to know there is so much love for him.

Tomorrow Tiga is at the vets to get his blood re-tested to see how his thyroid has reacted to the meds....as far as I can tell they have really worked, he has put on weight and his fur has grown back, so all being well I will be able to book him in for his op to have his thyroid removed. Its a scary op as they will remove the whole thyroid but they have to be careful not to nick the parathyroid otherwise........disaster....but its the same op that Spook had and he survived really well so lets see what tomorrow brings.

Paloma is just brilliant isn't she Lai......so down to earth and honest but not in a nasty way....she just says it as it is and I love the banter between her and Boy George.......The Voice could become our winter Strictly Lai.......WS is gonna love that Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683

Well the ice almost arrived this morning, there was little spots of it around and it was sooooooo cold first thing this morning and it was a rather chilly walk with Nero this evening....they are predicting snow for Thursday but I really hope that doesn't happen....pretty to look at but a nightmare to drive in and be out in as well....plus it makes it so hard for the wildlife as well......so fingers crossed it stays away.

I hope everyone is well and keeping warm......i'm off for a snuggle on the sofa with cat Ginger Cat Scottie ...have a nice evening everyone

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Good morning everyone

Yes he has an ex wife who is apparently in the Big Brother house but I don't watch that, and a current wife or now sadly widow called Iman who is a model, children yes but not sure how many.  I'm still working my way through Bowie tracks in my office and singing loudly, well until someone comes in Embarassed then I go silent not having the best voice myself Laughing

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 431638  Tiga, I'll be thinking of you and hope that the op can then go ahead Group Hug

Oooooooooh Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 71418 what a great idea Littlewid, our winter Strictly is now the Voice yes I'm up for that Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843

No ice here yet but chilly, fingers crossed everyone else is okay and it stays away.

Stay safe and warm.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:09 am

Good luck Tiga on your blood tests, and fingers X evertthing turns out like it did for Spook. We had our first frost yesterday morning but not to bad when we went out it had all gone, but on the roads early morning there were around 69 accidents on the roads in the area, black ice What a Face .
I'm strictly not getting into the Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 silent tongue

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Helloooooo Very Happy

Well we are back from the vets and Tiga has gained weight cheers and also the heart murmur he had could not be heard today so that's brilliant news....it must have been related to the thyroid. He has had his bloods all rechecked so we are waiting for those and apparently his thyroid feels really large so Michael aid that could be nodules or cancer.....im thinking that he has responded so well to treatment and gained weight that it must be nodules and nothing nasty but anyway because of that it definitely has to be removed.....its a complex op and we are planning on removing both thyroid glands but it depends if the parathyroid glands can be seen as they are the dodgy ones as I said before...if they can't be seen then one gland will be removed only but that will still help Tiga but not if its a cancer......both need to come out then whatever. Anyway surgery is planned for the 28th Jan and he will stay in over night, i'm not referring him to the large hospital as Michael is more than capable and i'm paying for a nurse to stay with him over night to monitor him.....I had Spook home and it was really tough monitoring him all night expecting something to go wrong so this time the head nurse can take the strain Very Happy ......so fingers crossed it will all go well for him.....i'll let you know how it all goes. Thank you for your good wishes Lai & WS Group Hug

WOW 69 accidents WS that's an awful lot but black ice is so treacherous isn't it. We had frost here this morning and the sky now looks full of something dodgy....whether it be rain, ice or snow but its blooming cold for sure.

David Bowies daughter is now 15 Lai and he has his son Duncan (Zowie) from his marriage to Angie.....she's on Big Brother at the moment and looks quite old, much older than David did.....Sadly I don't have any of his records but I am still enjoying them being played on the radio...i'm pleased your enjoying them at work.

I'm sure Mrs S must watch the Voice WS Very Happy so I bet you will be joining Lai and me in our new winter strictly substitute lol! you'd love it...especially the banter......we must definitely keep the Voice banter going Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843

Hope everyone has had a good day, have a nice evening

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Great news on Tiga hopefully it will all stay positive. Sadly Mrs S is unable to watch the Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 as its blocked by parental control for some reason, don't know why Twisted Evil

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480  Littlewid, that's great about Tiga what a relief and Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 431638 for the 28th.

I thought he was called Zowie but hadn't realised he had changed it to Duncan.  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843  I forgot you are a spring chicken and probably wouldn't have those early albums.  Happily some of my team are the same age as me and we had Aladdin Sane at volume today whilst we had no visitors or potential brides Laughing

WS you are You the man  I bet Mrs S watches whilst your enjoying your http://www.picgifs.c

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Welcome back LW. Pleased to see you are posting again. Hope everything goes smoothly with Tiga.

It would appear that winter has eventually arrived although not too bad here. A little frost and a very cold wind although the forecast for the weekend is not too good with possible snow in the north and very cold temperatures everywhere. It is definitely not my favourite time of year!!

The media coverage of David Bowie seemed to me to be slightly over the top for a pop star of yesteryear. I was never a fan of his music as I was not in to the bi-sexual, androgynous drug addled pop scene he represented at the time perhaps I was too square!! I didn't realise his second marriage in later years was to to Iman; I remember her as one of the first black models to appear in Vogue and then had a small part in "Out of Africa" when she played Berkley Cole's Somali housekeeper/mistress.

It's good that WS has parental controls on his tv and knows how to use them although it probably means Mrs. WS has very little to watch except football!!

Hope everyone survives the weather and has a good weekend.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:28 am

Thanks for the welcome back Safariman Very Happy it's good to be back and thank you for the good wishes for Tiga cat

Just a quick hello and goodbye this morning, I couldn't get on last night and getting ready for work at the moment so will be on this evening after ive been shopping.......it is blooming freezing this morning so wrap up well everyone Snowing

Have a good day Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:40 am

LW your supposed to be going at Tortoise speed not speedy snail pace, wo don't want you burning yourself out now we've got you back No
SN parental controls only apply to strictly type rubbish programes. Would you believe the BBC are evening running a competition to find the best mobile phone salesman No talk about dumbing down.
We nearly had our first snow yesterday but lucky for us it didn't get down to our level although we are just above the snow line.

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Hello Very Happy

SM I don't think your square at all, I think there were a lot of people who weren't into all of David Bowies guises but his music was quite beyond the era at the beginning and nothing like anyone else was producing at the time, it was new and exciting but yes I agree he wasn't to everyones taste.
I think the media has gone into overdrive at the moment because his death was out of the blue to us because he hadn't made it common knowledge that he was unwell, so we were all taken by surprise and now everyone is paying homage to him.
I didn't know his wife was in Out of Africa, I have seen the film but didn't realise Iman was in it.

Ah I do remember Aladin Sane Lai and actually his music is quite timeless now and I think thats what I was trying to explain to SM by saying his music was beyond the era in which it was made because listening to so much of his music on the radio today, it doesn't seem out of place with todays music, so he was definitely beyond his time and again I believe thats what made him so exciting.

WS...parental controls for the voice is not fair No ....let Mrs S watch it.......and I know you'll love the cheeky banter Wink tonights was brilliant again and I think George and Paloma are building brilliant teams.....in fact this season there are some really good singers......loved the boy with platform trainers this evening Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 71418 .....sorry WS but The Voice is Strictly the chat of winter Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683

Well its been freezing today, its not got above 5 degrees here and was incredibly frosty this morning and when I dropped Nero off at the groomers at 4.30 this afternoon it was 3 degrees and when I picked him up at 6.30 it was 1 degree and ive just let him in the garden and I dread to think what it is........it's veeeerrrrry chilly affraid

Don't worry WS....I'm still like a tortoise really....on the slow and steady Very Happy slow and steady wins the race cheers

I hope everyone is ok and keeping warm and safe......has anyone had any snow yet Snowing ......who's going to be able to make the first snowman or throw the first snowball Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Snowy here this morning and the birds are in overdrive for feeding, especially the pheasants who are permanently demanding food Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683

We missed the Voice last night, my mum came for supper and to watch a programme on Egypt I'd recorded during the week, it's a series so that's us for the next few weeks Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 We'll catch up with it before too long though.

Talking of media coverage, did anyone watch Tim Peake and his spacewalk? Wow, I was gripped. I watched it live on my laptop, had to go out for 4 hours, came back just as they were calling a halt to it. Gripping I thought and just amazing to watch. It's so surreal to me but fascinating.

Off to feed the pheasants again.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday and keep warm and de-iced Earmuffs

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum: