Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+3
Doogs
Cremecat
Safariman
7 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:46 am

Finished the steroids yesterday, and the antibiotics to morrow. My breathing is a lot better, but I have a really sore throatb from coughing, and I also think the steroids make it sore as well, that's happened before, and its quite painful to swallow at time, hopefully it will ease off soon. Hope you've had a good weekend, and Tiga continues to improve LW, and your Internet stays on Lai

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 pm

http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 2224760601 BT coming out tomorrow - as guess what it went off again at home affraid

Sorry only a brief visit just now. Hope all okay everyone and good to hear your breathing is better WS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Thank goodness, at last January is over. It is my least favourite month of the year and seems to drag on and on.

Pleased to see the two convalescents, WS and Tiga, are improving and getting slowly back to normal probably helped by a lot of tlc from their respective owners!!!

January was obviously a very expensive month for you LW with the car and vets fees fortunately my car managed to get through its' MOT without any problems so hopefully fingers crossed ok for another year.

It's amazing how quickly we have come to rely on the internet for our everyday life and when it goes down we are lost. It only seems a short time ago that it didn't exist and we all managed quite well without it and the same goes for with mobile phones. I often wonder how young people will survive if they can't access all their electronic devices which seem to rule their lives.

The southeast has been very lucky with the weather and apart from a few high winds we have managed to avoid the storms that have been creating havoc for vast areas of the country.

Have a good week everyone.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am

Good morning everyone

affraid  Woke up to snow this morning, happily now melting but the hills are covered!  Hope you're all okay and keeping warm, especially you WS over those Welsh hills Group Hug

I agree Safariman, but sadly we do rely on the internet, I email for work the whole time and hardly ever type a letter nowadays.  Yesterday the BT man appeared and after an hour I wanted to Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 2224760601  he was adamant our line at home is okay.  Anyway it isn't and Pete spoke to someone else who said yes in 2 days our broadband had dropped off over 150 times.  So still we wait ......... What a Face

Then it all went off in my office, just heard 30,000 other people had a problem with BT yesterday - so now I am on again in the office http://i70.servimg.c

So back to work for me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 71418

Have a good day everyone and stay cosy and dry.

Are you watching the Real Marigold Hotel on television Safariman?  I thought of you about to visit India and getting to the Taj Mahal.  Not sure if you are driving or taking the train ......................... the train is certainly an experience!

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Helloooooo Very Happy

I am around just been a bit hectic but I will be back on later this evening to catch up.......sooooo.....see ya later Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 pm

You seem to be having fun and games with your internet connection Lai. Luckily although I am also with BT I have avoided (fingers crossed) all the problems!!

I have not been watching the Marigold Hotel tv programme although I did see both the films. Perhaps at my age I should be checking Marigold Hotels out!! I am not a fan of so called reality programmes as they rarely show any real sense of reality. They are too contrived and heavily edited just to create an entertainment show!!

I did think of taking the train from Delhi to Agra but decided as I am travelling on my own that with luggage etc. it would be less hassle to have a car and driver. Although having said that I know from experience that road travel in India is pretty terrifying especially when you see all the wrecked vehicles littering the sides of the roads but it is all part of the "experience"!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I agree Safariman, but it sparked my interest due to being India. We saw the second Marigold Hotel film last night, and really enjoyed it. I've only read the first book but not seen the first film.

We have a local Flix in the Stix, once a month at our local school/village hall. First time we've been but brilliant, there's a bar, chocolates and sweets (essential for watching films) £4 a ticket and a 20 minute interval so you can visit the bar again. About 60 people in all and we get to select 3 films going forward from about 10.

I agree about travelling on your own and Delhi railway station is something else! Close your eyes and be sure to sit in the back of the car, it's a white knuckle ride for sure!

Having said that I just love India Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:42 am

Sorry I've been AWOL again, but its been a rough week. My throats been that sore couldn't eat anything, and by Thursday I was struggling to even sip liquids, I put it down to either the chest infection or side effects from the medication. Rang the Doctors yesterday morning, and got to see the duty Doctor, turns out I also had a mouth/throat infection as well it was all inflamed, and swollen down my throat. Anyway some new meds, and a throat spray, and feeling much better this morning, actually been able to eat some baked beans cheers
Just been trying to remember the last time I saw a film at the flicks. It was Jaws (now theres old in my best welsh accent lol! )
Hope everyones having a nice week end

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:13 pm

What a Face WS you certainly have had a tough few weeks, let's hope the doc has finally given you all the right meds and you'll be able to eat more than baked beans, although Pete would be happy he loves them pale

Take care of yourself and I hope you manage a few http://www.picgifs.c now you can swallow cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Well I'm pleased to say I feel almost human again today cheers lol! Yes its been a tough time last few weeks Lai.
Hope you've all had a good weekend,, considering the weather we've been having, and now we have storm Ingrid What a Face Stay safe everyone

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Hellooooooo Very Happy

Well I don't know if this Ingrid or whoever she is , is affecting anyone elses connection but mine keeps going off affraid  I tried looking at the mailonline site to see if it was ok on there and it kept jumping back all over the place and then I couldn't get on........i'm here but not sure if it will last.....it's a mad hooley out there and nearly got blown over a few times walking Nero......i'm sure the gusts are stronger than they say for here.......all mad for sure.

Glad to see you are feeling a little better WS, sounds as though you have really had it incredibly rough......so pleased to hear your on the upward climb now cheers  still take it easy though as it takes ages to fully recover when you've been that poorly......don't over do things No

I've been watching the Real Marigold Hotel Lai & Safariman....I think its good and you can see good and bad for living in India. The thing is they are living as a group and not as solo people moving there so i'm sure it would be quite different really but it does also seem quite exciting. This week is the last one isn't it......that train ride though affraid  not sure I could do that .....it was a bit hairy I thought!!!!
So looking forward to hearing how you get on and what you make of it all Safariman.

Tiga is all good, it did take him a while to get over the anaesthetic but the op etc has been really good and his fur is looking lovely again and he's not all bones......he's back to being his handsome self.

All good here.....a bit crazy last week with things and a busy weekend with catching up with friends on Friday and then again on Saturday but it was all nice.......meeting some more old friends for lunch this Saturday......it's all food, food , food http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 40683

I will be back on to catch up later but going to do some dreaded ironing before I can find an excuse not too and sort tea.....hopefully the wind will have died down a bit later and the connection will be better.

Have a good evening everyone and stay safe if it's blustery where you are....i'm sure Wales is getting hit isn't it WS.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:50 am

Good morning everyone

http://i70.servimg.c A bit of sunshine and all calm here just now. The south certainly had it worse yesterday with the winds but it rained here as ever. Our dogs are really bored by this weather!

Good to know you are finally on the mend WS - but take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and TLC from Mrs S.

Sounds like you're mad busy Littlewid, which is great and so pleased that Tiga is doing so well after his op.

It is the last one of the Real Marigold Hotel and it's been fun watching it, I know it's a reality show but I loved seeing the scenery and the people and bits of India.

Safariman I know you're off on 11th so have the most brilliant time, enjoy the experience and please take lots of photos - and enjoy the Taj Mahal http://i70.servimg.c

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:44 am

Great to hear Tiga has recovered well, and he's putting weight back on, you must be very relievd LW is was a big Op. Don't you go doing to much if your mad busy, you know what your like TORTOISE PACE lol!
We have had sun here this morning Lai, but it's just clouded over, however forecast's for a bright sunny day tomorrow.
Feeling lots better thanks all

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Good to hear you are feeling better WS, although I would take it easy on the Bods for a while. I know it is tempting to try and catch up with what you have missed!!

The operation on Tiga seems to have been a success LW and he sounds to be getting back to his normal self. A bit like WS although I don't suppose Tiga worries too much about missing his Boddingtons!!

Yes Lai I am getting ready for my trip to India on Thursday. I am so used to just packing for safaris to Africa that I am having to think about what to take. I try to travel with just carry-on luggage so it does restrict me a bit. I was sorting out a shirt to take and realised that it needed a button sewing on and watching me with my eyesight trying to thread a needle is something else!! Not sure if I will be posting any photos on WAA as they won't be of wildlife although I suppose I might sneak a few onto the Camera Club thread if WS looks the other way!! Really looking forward to seeing the Taj Mahal again and getting some decent photos.I recently found an old photo of when I was there 19 years ago with me doing a Diana pose in front of the Taj.

I get back just as you depart for Tanz Lai so it will be a while before we are back in contact again. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing your photos on your return.

The weather here has calmed down after yesterday's gales and the sun is actually shining. There are plenty of daffodils now out in the gardens and some of the trees are already in blossom. I just hope the birds don't try to nest too early and then we have a cold snap.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm

lol!  Safariman, I shouldn't laugh, but threading a needle is the same for me unless I put my reading glasses on What a Face  It's funny isn't it trying to pack for anything other than a safari - we're so used to that but anything else is a struggle with having to think a bit more than shorts and a safari shirt or 2 Laughing  I'm impressed with the hand luggage idea  cheers

Please sneak on a few photos, I'd love to see them, and you're bound to see cows, eles, monkeys and other animals whilst your there amongst all the wonderful sights and vibrant colours. Funny how we all do the Taj Mahal Princess Di pose!

We're back on 6th so we'll catch up after that - have a really ace time cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Good Afternoon One and All Very Happy

Thank you all again for your kind messages on Tiga Group Hug he really is recovering well and i'm so pleased it's been a success as it was a hard decision due to the intensity of the op and so much could have gone wrong but it's all behind us both now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 853843 Ginger Cat .....Tiga took everything in his stride but I was quite stressed through the whole process of the 2 months on tablets and then the op and all the blood test etc so we are now both all chilled and happy cheers and your right Safariman......he doesn't meow for Boddies........just yoghurt Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 327467

Safariman, you must post your pics on here.....historical landmarks as you say can go in the camera club and you are bound to see wild life......Emma did and Lai knows you will.......anyway, whatever you capture we would all love to see and hear about your trip for sure......it's going to be a wonderful experience and I for one am sooooooo looking forward to hearing all your tales........if your not back on before you go, I'm sorry to have missed you but have a magical time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 768480

I agree Lai, The True Marigold Hotel is a reality program but in a different league really and it has been an excellent watch I think, I will miss it when it's finished.
You must be able to be watching the Voice this weekend Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 853843 ......last week Paloma.....Pavlova as George calls her......was a bit bonkers I thought....she's starting to annoy my mum.....Ricky and Will are her favourites......I just think they make a great team of coaches.....looking forward to Saturdays Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 71418

Glad your still on the mend WS but yes keep away from too many Boddies http://www.picgifs.c you need to be a Tortoise too Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 40683

it has been a bit mad busy but I am being careful WS, plenty of rest and staying off the pc in the evenings if I'm too tired.......so I am trying.......don't answer that WS lol!

It's been a lovely sunny and calm day here after yesterday, it really was mad and a bit scary actually but today is the complete opposite. We too have lots off Daffs around and snow drops and the trees are blossoming......Spring is surely on it's way Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 768480

Anyway, have a wonderful evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am

Good morning everyone.  

What a Face We missed the Voice on Saturday as we were watching something else my mum wanted to see.  This Saturday I will record it again and watch it later in the evening.  I do find Palava aka Pavlova I bit annoying too, she's funny but also a tiny bit irritating!

We have snowdrops, no daffs yet but they are coming up and I guess we're a good few weeks behind the south Rolling Eyes but hopefully spring is on the way.

So have a good day, lots of hugs to Tiga, and Safariman have a great trip and enjoy India.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:30 am

lol! Didn't miss the voice at all Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 40683 . We don't have any Daffs yet either, but lots of Snowdrops, as you say Lai we are behind the south. Carry on keeping well Tiga, and taking it easy LW
Have a great safe India trip Safariman

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 am

Good morning everyone and in case you check in to WAA before you set off Safariman happy travels to Delhi and Agra, enjoy the sights and the sunshine and the whole wonderful experience.

When we drove from Dehra Dun up to Shimla this was the make of car we were driven in, suspension, mmmm and air conditioning mmm no such things but an India classic and we loved it. Sadly I don't think I can find my pics as it was before I had a digital camera Shocked

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 Ambass10

Hope everyone else is okay and enjoying the mild weather, apparently it's all going to change again affraid

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks Lai, I have just checked-in on-line for my flight tonight so already to go apart from some last minute packing.

The car is an Ambassador, they were basically a 1950's British Morris Oxford made under licence in India and formed the backbone of their car transport system.It was one of the first cars I bought after passing my test, it cost £30!!!! There are still plenty of them around today in India used as taxis. I was driven in one from Delhi to Agra and back when I was there 19 years ago. Definitely an experience, maximum speed about 50mph going downhill with a following wind. I am hoping for something a little better on this trip and also hoping the roads have improved a bit if not the driving!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Been a nice day here up to now, and the suns just come out as wee even better. We've had no rain for a few days for a change, cold, and certainly not as warm as where Safariman is now lol! . The car reminds me of the first one I bought not as grand though, it was a 1953  Ford Popular 13 yrs old when I bought it, and it cost me £15, and the insurance cost £ 15, the cost of motoring has gone up a bit since lol!
Everyone have a good weekend

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Hellooooooooo Very Happy

Well Safariman should be enjoying his hols now.....I hope he's loving it.

That's a great car Lai...must be interesting driving in that but I must say I do love old cars.

Well we've had loads of rain and it's been very chilly but today has been gorgeous, quite Spring like really, which is lovely. I had a lovely catch up yesterday with an old friend and her husband; my mum came too and we had a really nice lunch and I've been out and about today making the most of the nice weather.

Did you see the Voice yesterday Lai?......loving Boy George more and more and what about that gorgeous guy who lost all that wait and turned into a Phewwwwwww I love you ........ Emma phoned me about 10 minutes after it started and was yacking till 11pm......thank heavens for the pause button on Sky but it was a bit of a late night Sleep

Yesterday my friend told me about a great place called Doodley Dogs where your dogs can go for the day and just have a ball of a time. I'm going to go and check it out for Nero and take him for some play sessions as he loves playing with other dogs and I think it will be right up his street. They have centres all over but if you type into google Doodley Dogs Storrington you can see what it's all about.

I hope everyone is ok and keeping well and that by now you are well n your way to feeling tip top WS Very Happy

Have a good rest of the evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:48 am

Good morning everyone.

sorry I've been AWOL over the weekend. Tom was here, and he's about to go off to China for a year, teaching English as a foreign language with his girlfriend going too. So lot's to catch up on before he travels. Also deciding what to do with his car which he's only had a couple of months and cost him £400 but it needs an MOT and he wants to leave it in my garage. Not a problem but over a year it will deteriorate so we're suggesting he sells it. He still hasn't got his visa but they are hoping to go by the end of this month Very Happy the joys of being young and carefree Laughing

Sadly we missed the Voice again Littlewid. With Tom and my mum here we had lot's to catch up with.

I must check out Doodley Dogs - for the future. It sounds like a brilliant idea.

Sorry to rush, we're flying out on Friday so I need to get to my office now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 71418

Enjoy the sunshine, but it's seriously cold and the pond was frozen this morning affraid

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:41 am

Great that you have had some time to share with Tom, before his travels, it will be a great experience for him, and his girl friend. I don't think there's much point in keeping the car if it only cost £400 it would cost £40 for a new MOT, and then any cost of repairs plus it would depreciate by another 12 monts I'd sell it, and try to get the £400 back. Off on your travels again cheers I've forgotten where your going. Glad to say I missed the Voice to lol! .
Went to sort out starting the new season with the Ad/Mobile, and lower down towards the coast, and we saw lots of Daffs, and Lambs they were quite big as well
Everyone have a good week

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy A quick visit for the moment as i'm cooking tea http://www.picgifs.c

Don't apologise for being AWOL Lai, we all go AWOL at times and spending time with Tom and your mum before his exciting travels was important. He does sound a bit like Emma.....everything at the last minute Very Happy Emma was the same with going to India...they must be around the same age I think. I hope he and his girlfriend have a brilliant time and soak up the experience.
I agree with WS and you and Pete with his car, sounds like he would get more for it now if he sold it than keep it and go through the MOT and anything else that goes wrong with it not being used.....mind you, getting rid of a car is easier said than done if you have an attachment to it.

Guy's you are failing me with the Voice.....I accept your reason Lai......but come on WS.......you know ya like it really Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 9 40683

Gosh the Ad/Mobile has come round quick WS....please make sure your fully better before starting it as you work every weekend and Bank Holiday. We have Daffs here but I haven't seen any Lambs as yet and I drive past two fields that have sheep in when I go to work......maybe the Southern Lambs are running late this year or the Welsh lot are early Sheep

It's been incredibly chilly today but so sunny as well, just like Spring.....it's lovely and the evening are definitely getting lighter aren't they.

Right off to finish sorting my tea......I will be back later as I have some bits to post.....meant to post yesterday but fell asleep Sleep Embarassed

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next