Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week

+5
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 Empty Big Cat Diary Past & Present

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 am

Start your day with a smile, it will only take 5mins, but last you all day long

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 Empty Re: Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 am

You the man WS - that really was brilliant, what a find. As you say WS it really made me smile, although I very nearly shed a tear for those big cats who are now in the great savannah in the sky.

Such lovely clips and great memories of a wonderful series. I don't think I will ever enjoy anything as much as I did Big Cat Diaries and Big Cat Live.

I think I'll have to watch this once a week for a big smile.

Thanks WS a lovely way to start the day.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 Empty Re: Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 pm

What a great find WS. So wonderful to see all our big cats, but sad because of the ones who are no longer here. I can't wait to get back there, I feel like I've left part of me there!! Think maybe when Joshua is 4.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Ooooo thats just tipped my stomach upside down and side ways, loads of enjoyment to see all our beloved cats I love you but also tears Sad for all the ones we have loved and lost, a real rollercoaster of emotions there but I must say I loved it WS Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 768480 such a great reminder and what a way to end the day......Brilliant cheers

I must say, I don't think the BBC realise what they have done by not commissioning BCD/BCL ever again.

Thanks so much for that WS, it really was a joy.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Guys. I know its sad that some of our favourites have gone, but I thought its great to see them, and remember the joy they brought all of us, and also the presenters of it made me smile seeing them all again. Very Happy
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Sorry I've taken so long to watch that wonderful clip WS, well worth waiting for. Great music and all our lovely BCD Stars Like a Star @ heaven

It definitley made me Very Happy and also made me Crying or Very sad What is quite sad is the amount of cats shown on there are no longer with us No and is it really 4 years since they did Big Cat Live . . . . Sad I know we've discussed it many times but when you see those clips it just makes you yearn for it to return to our screens Rolling Eyes

Loved when they fast forwarded the wildies cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 71418 Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 71418 just cheered up a boring afternoon in my office with a 5 minute fix of BCD. What can I say it makes me smile whatever.

I really love that it's dedicated to RED - of our the all time stars of the Marsh Pride.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am

Photo Credit Notch Lion Coalition's photos
Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 134

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 pm

WOW WOW What a magnificant sight WOW WOW

That's almost like a scene from African Cats, superb Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 pm

I Agree Doogs.

Great photos - thanks WS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 Empty Lions of the Musiara Marsh

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry I've not been posting at all lately. I've started a new job and have been working long hours and just plain been a bit lazy! I hope to get back to being more involved as the new year starts and I'm a bit more used to the hours.

I came across this video on Youtube the other day and thought you guys might find it interesting. This is an episode of Wild Kingdom made back in 1980. These are great great grandparents of our beloved Marsh Pride!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week - Page 4 768480 Thanks Ronnie lovely video, and its great to see the ancestors of our Marsh Lion stars of today, also plenty of other wildlife in this clip to enjoy. Try not to work to hard, and come back soon
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks Ronnie - the Marsh Pride, how fantastic!

Good to have you back and look forward to catching up in the New Year.

Hope the new job is going well.

Lai cheers
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Hellooooo Ronnie,

It is good to see you here again, we have missed you my friend but understand how busy you have been and also settling into a new job, it all takes time doesn't it, I hope you are enjoying it and it's all going well for you.
I hope your little furry family are well too Very Happy and look forward to catching up more when you have a bit more time.
Thanks for the clip and I will watch that soon when I have a little more time, something nice to look forward too Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I recall watching this show (diary) a few times many, many years ago, and recently I managed to get my hands on an installment of Big Cat Week, which is totally brilliant. It is with Jonathan, Saba and Simon as the followers/fans. I just love their enthusiasm, as it helps to really bring out the excitement in the shows, and well, the cats just do the rest Very Happy

I really liked the story of Bella and her cubs, out of which Chewey (what a smirk-inducing name Very Happy ) survived. Leopards continue to amaze me with their climbing and weight to ratio strength, plus their adapability of being able to live in so many different types of area, and feed off the most different species of any cat (like my dad, they aren't fussy when it comes to food Razz ).

When Bella went for that second wildebeest, it was like totally WOW

To be able to carry on with the story of Keke's three cubs was terrific, and we really get to see them emerge as true hunters on the grasslands. Like Jonathan said, it was impressive to see their decent endurance for a cheetah, as well as typical speed. The show didn't really miss a beat, even giving us a glimpse at their dad in a kill attempt, and Keke of course is probably the star (or at least the symbol) for the whole show.

I can't remember the name of the lioness star in the first series now, but she wasn't in the second one. Did she die? As a reminder, the second edition focused on little Salah and his older cousin.

These 'weeks' were from 2003 and 2004. Were there any other Big Cat Weeks? If so, then I would love to get them if these stories continued on, particularly to see how Chewey went on his own.

I also recently viewed the most amazing leopard doco, but I will speak of that when Lai returns Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 am

The first show was in 1996, and there have been 8 series since. Was the Lioness called Khali she was featured in 1996 series, around 2003 there would have been White-Eye and the Blonde sisters, Bibi and Lispy. Bibi was kicked out of the pride around that time, and was raising two cubs on her own. Although she was later allowed back in.
This is a link to all the series that have been on, they are on You Tube, so I dont know if you'll have the speed to watch them, but even if not you'll be able to see the list.It was posted on here by Ronnie
https://www.youtube.com/user/bigcatweek/featured

Talking of Leopard documentarys have you seen Eye of the Leopard its brilliant.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Eye Of The Leopard!!!! That is the one I was referring to. The Jeremy Irons naratted one?

It is totally WOW WOW WOW WOW

It's the story of Lekadema (sorry, not sure of the spelling) and her mother. What an incredible and varying relationship these two have! They even fight, and the daughter loses her mother a meal No But this young leopard is simply an incredible cat. I have never seen climbing like this, or in actual fact this may have been her mother, because those early scenes when the leopard is chasing monkeys up trees, and actually jumping from branches to branches, actually like a monkey! It is amazing footage. There must be a dozen incredible tales littered throughout this three year documentary, be we all know what the best one is.

I had tears in my eyes when Lekadema took to the care of that baby baboon. I don't think I have ever seen such a moving animal moment as this.

leopard in Tree I love you I love you I love you I love you baby ape
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 pm

WS, with Big Cat Live, it was Bibi who was the star lioness with the 2 cubs in 2003, though I don't think she was mentioned in 2004, but I could be wrong, being distracted by the cute Salah Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

I had an idea that it might have been Eye of the Leopard, it's the best documentary of a Leopard that I've ever seen, and I've watched it many times now. I think I was the first of the gang to see it, I watched it on a Sky channel, it was in two parts I saw the first one, but it was ages before I got to see the last part, and it was a long time before it was on TV again so it was quite a while before the rest of the Guys saw it.
I'm not sure if Bibi was mentioned in the 2004 series, as I said at one point she was kicked out of the pride, but as you say Salah, and Chesa were the stars of the one
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 am

It was obviously a very lucky DVD purchase by me to pick up such a gem doco!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  little.one Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 am

Hi everybody, I'm new here! And I know I'm late on this post by a couple years but I always watched BCD growing up and still watch it every morning at six in the morning! I love the cats. Half tail was my favorite and when I saw the episode where Jonathon told the story of her passing I couldn't help but cry. I enjoyed that show so much.  I'm going to the Mara in two years with my dad and sister. So I decided to do a follow up on the cats from the last few seasons including the Marsh Pride and Bella the leopard, and I saw this blog! I think bringing the cats back would be phenomenal.

Thanks for your time! :)
little.one

little.one

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am

Hi littleone
A Big http://www.picgifs.c to WAA. Do'nt worry about being to late to talk about BCD, it's what brought most of us together in the first place, and inspired us to create Wild About Anmals. I'm not sure where your upto in watching the series, but there have been some big changes in the Marsh Pride over the last 12 months, and you may see the new characters when you go to the Mara depending on where abouts in the Mara your going. It was sad about Half Tail, and also Shadow/Zawadi went missing last year. Olives still going strong though.
Some of our members go on Safari on a regular basis to the Mara, you can see reports, and photographs of the places they visit, and the animals they see with photos of the Marsh Pride, and others we know, you will find them on the Forum link below, there is also a section on helpfull tips for going on Safari if you've not been before, if you or your Dad, or Sister have any questions I know the Guys will be only to pleased to help
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f19-members-safari-trips

Looking forward to hearing from you again, let us know where your upto watching BCD

WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm

A wonderfully enthusiastic first post Littleone!

Many of us on the WAA are big fans of the WAA, so you will find many like minded African animal lovers to your good self.

We have members much more knowledgeable about the big cats and so forth than myself (and I've never been on safari), but I too like the BCD shows. Bella the beautiful leopard would be my favourite from the series.

The thread link that WS has posted will be well worth you checking out.

GR (too many names to mention Laughing )
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi Little.one

And a huge http://www.picgifs.c  to the forum, I am glad you found us. I almost feel as though we could be related with Little.one and littlewid Very Happy 
As WS and GR say, most of us on here are BCD fans and have been for years and like you would love for it to return but sadly that is not going to happen, so we all make the most of friends going on Safari for updates and pictures and following the various blogs that give great news about all the wonderful big cats. Sadly many of our all time favourites have are no longer with us but as WS says, there are another generation giving loads of interest.
I too have never been on Safari but hopefully one day that will change......if I get myself a passport Very Happy  you must be so excited about going, have you been before?
Where abouts in the world are you Little.one? just wondering as you watch BCD in the mornings, I don't think it's on in England at that time.
Please do check out the link WS posted and try and check out all the pictures from various members who go on safari on a regular basis. Hopefully there will be other stuff on here that you are interested in and please do join in wherever you like. We are a friendly bunch of animal lovers so we all look forward to chatting more.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 am

Hello Little.one and a big welcome to WAA, I'm glad you found us, I'm a huge fan of BCD and have watched all the series many times over, plus have a few DVDs of them Laughing 

That's wonderful news that you are going to the Mara, do you know where yet? Several of us have been lucky enough to visit and Doogs is going again this November.

Some of the BCD stars are still around, although at the moment I am not sure who, but I think Olive is. The Marsh pride certainly have had their ups and downs but at the moment are going from strength to strength.

If you have any questions do ask, we are all here to help.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next