Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

+3
Safari Maiden
littlewid
whitestarling
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 Empty Re: Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Is'nt it brilliant that she's doing so well. She clearly loves Longleat, and its the best thing that could have happened to her in the end
Thanks for the updates Lai
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 Empty Re: Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:49 am

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am

She looks good and alot better for being at longleat!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks SM - it would be lovely to see her with some ele friends.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching that video clip! She seems so much healthier, and looks younger too! Well done Longleat!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

I wonder how much they have for the Sanctuary now. That was their intention as soon as the building work is complete they are going to rescue others across europe i think. I cant come soon enough for Anne, but at least she is 'not working' any more.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 pm

cheers SM for that clip, she looks great and is obviously enjoying herself.

I Agree it would be nice to see her with some Elephant behind friends, I hope that happens for her Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Bless her, it was lovely to see her having a little scratch and a dust bath, she looked as if she was smiling Very Happy it would be wonderful to see her with some ele friends and i'm sure she will have some one day.......you just want to give her a cuddle don't you Group Hug

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 Pp132Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 Pp224

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I am sure they will continue to plead their not guilty status WS but it's only right for Anne that they have been taken to court. I really hope justice is done for her, she deserves it. I am sure we will hear more on the case next year.
The good thing is she has a nice life now.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 am

NOT GUILTY - how on earth do they think they are not guilty? It makes me sick what they did to poor Anne. thankfully she is safe and well now but she endured years of neglect and abuse. If they get away with not guilty I'm starting a protest/petition/sit-in/ or whatever else I can think of.

Thanks for the update WS.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 pm

I am sure we would all join you on that one Lai Pai whatever you start. It would be a travesty if they were found not guilty and it would set a president to others as well which would not be good. Lets hope with all our hearts that they are found guilty and punished serverly, for Annes sake.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Im with you LP and LW. Anne deserves justice for the abuse and torture she was subjected to. How are they not guilty?!?!

They need a wake up call and so do all the others that think they can get away with doing this sort of thing.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 am

I'm with you both too!! They have to be found guilty! My heart breaks for her knowing what she went through at that horrible circus!!

It makes me wonder, when I was a primary school, a circus, once a year, used to pitch up in the field behind my school. It had an elephant who used to just sway all day!! I am now wondering if this was Bobby Roberts circus and the elephant was Anne, they are very local to us (only about 15 miles away). Used to make me feel so sad watching the ele from my classroom! How anyone goes to these circus's is beyond me, even at the age of 8 or 9 I knew this was wrong!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 am

I agree Anne-Marie, I never really enjoyed the circus when I was young, I found clowns scary and performing animals wrong. I guess slowly slowly humans are realising is it wrong, well in some countries anyway, we just need the rest of the world to follow.

How strange to think you could have seen Anne all those years ago (I mean only a few years ago of course Laughing )

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

I have only been to the circus once and that was the other year when I took Lara and Kian, there were only jugglers, acrobats, two men being funny but not dressed as clowns and lots of singing etc but both Lara and Kian were adamant that they didn't want to see any animals in the circus which from two animal lovers who were only 8 and 4 at the time I thought was brilliant.

Knowing about Anne is horrible but thinking you may have seen her in a distressed state AM at such a young age must be awful to remember.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Anne the elephant - latest update December 2011

28th December 2011

As well as recent improvements to Anne's main paddock by adding 200 tonnes of sand Anne has obviously been a good girl this year as Santa delivered a nice new shiny 'hopefully' indestructable ball.

This has been recieved with great excitement from the old girl as you can see from the photos. Unfortunately this has put her keepers back in their work as the temptation to watch her enjoy playing with her new ball is overwhelming!

Her keepers, Andy, Ryan and Ross have been inundated with thank you and good will messages for Anne this year and would like to thank everyone for their support for looking after an incredible individual such as Anne. They will continue working hard next year to ensure Anne gets the best possible care and enjoys her retirement at Longleat
http://www.longleat.co.uk/news/anne_the_elephant_latest_update_December

Such good news that Anne is happy and well now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Good spot to find that update Lai Pai.

Anne looks fantastic and great to hear that she is being spoiled and is a happy Elephant behind - it's the very least she deserves Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I so I Agree Doogs. I'd love more regular updates on Anne the ele, she's one special ele Group Hug

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Anne really does seem to be enjoying her new ball doesn't she and she does look so much better now. It is so lovely to know she is well and happy and being cared for properly.
I would love more updates on Anne too, as you say Lai, she is one very special elephant Elephant behind Thanks for the link Lai.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:22 am

I haven't checked up on Anne for a while but was reminded of her plight by the pityful lioness in Egypt.

Anne the elephant get s Jubilee treet - 3rd June

http://www.longleat.co.uk/news/anne_the_elephant_gets_a_jubilee_treat

Lovely to see the care she is now getting at Longleat

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks Lai, good thinking to look for an update on Anne Elephant behind

She seems to be doing just great and I think this paragraph says it all :-

"Anne's team of keepers have spent huge amounts of time over the past 12 months to improve her overall wellbeing and physical condition. The difference and improvement in the condition of her skin, feet, trunk, ears and general muscle tone is clear to see and she certainly doesn’t look like an elephant in her 60th year!"

How fantastic is that cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm

I Agree Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:43 am

Anne the Elephant from Bobby Roberts Circus, update, from the Daily Mail

Anne the elephant will retire in luxury at £1.2million haven thanks to our generous readers

Anne, who is in her sixties, is Britain's last circus elephant
Footage emerged of her being beaten by Romanian groom in 2011
Since then funds have been raised for £1.2million Anne's Haven
Anne will now retire it enclosure in Longleat where she will live in luxury
Includes underfloor heating and 'spa' to take weight off arthritic legs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586474/Anne-elephant-retire-luxury-1-2million-haven-thanks-generous-readers.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 4 768480  WS - glad you found it  scratch 

Lai  Very Happy 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum