Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit of a scare

5 posters

Go down

A bit of a scare Empty A bit of a scare

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:19 pm

I had a bit of a scare this morning when someone tried to get into my flat through the front door about 6am, luckily I shouted out 'Who's there' and they scarpered.

To be honest I wasn't going to report it as we have a bit of a nuisance neighbours who comes home with her friends drunk and they cause a lot of noise and problems. So originally I thought it was one of them, but after thinking about it a few weeks ago the house which is next door to the flats had an attempted break in so maybe it is related to that.

I'm not someone who scares easily but I will admit the adrenaline was pumping a little bit, the police have taken a statement and scene of crime people have come over to do what they do. Its times like these that I realise that living alone can be a bit scary
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

A bit of a scare Empty Re: A bit of a scare

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm

No confused poor you PPH that is alarming. I do hope you are okay now. Let's hope the police can do something to help.

I hope you've got a good lock and maybe a chain on your door.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:35 pm

thanks Lai

I have 2 locks on my front door, a yale lock and a barrel lock, I don't have a chain but I'm thinking after what happened last night then I'm going to ask my rental agency to have one fitted and if they say no then I'll have one put on myself

The police were lovely and I had to have to go and have my fingerprints taken so they can disregard them from the ones taken from the handle on my door. my bf has to have his done too, I can't fault the police at all they were so great from when I reported it to when they left. It also helped that when I went to report it my friend's mum who works on reception at the police station was working today. So I got to see a friendly face who made me feel better and safe
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Glad to know you are ok PPH if not a little sturred up by it all. It's not a nice experience at all and especially if you were on your own.
At least by reporting it to the police they are aware of it and I am sure they will keep an eye on your place. Hopefully it was just your neighbour trying to get in the wrong door and now the police have been round they will be a bit more considerate.
Good to know your door is safely bolted and yes, get that chain sorted, it good to have one anyway for opening your door to people.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm pretty cautious about answering the door to people unless I'm expecting someone. Luckily we have an intercom system so I have to let them in that way.

If it was my neighbour or one of her friends then I think I've been having words with her and the agency as she has been a problem for everyone in the block and has been given loads of warnings about her and her friends conduct
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your scare PPH, that must have been a bit frightening as you say being on your own. Glad the police have, been good with you, in this day, and age some forces tend to ignore this type of thing, and you did the right thing by reporting it. One suggestion I have is when you gat your chain fitted, and really I think the agency should do it if you have problem neighbours, is ask them to fit a Door Viewer they are relatively inexpensive, and easy to fit, that way you see who's at the Door.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 am

I do have a peep hole (if thats what you mean by a door viewer WS) but its fitted at a height for normal people to be able to see out of. As I am only 5ft 2inch tall I have to stand on tip toes or use the little step ladder I have to see through it lol! lol!

I'll see what the agency says in the morning, what's great is that because of the problems with the nuisance neighbour, one of my other neighbours who I am friendly with has the mobile number of the guy who actually owns the building and the rental agency. So yesterday he text the guy to tell him there had been an attempted break in so hopefully as his office is upstairs from the rental agency then when I go in tomorrow they will be fully aware of the situation and I won't have to much of a battle to get things done.

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly tomorrow PPH and you get your chain fitted and you feel 100% safer.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:42 pm

You really need to get the chain done PPH. Then you need a Victoria Beckham

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm

door chain fitted :):)

A bit of a scare 29346410
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Glad thats all done PPH and I hope you feel a lot safer now. I'm pleased it was done so quickly too. You can sleep easy tonight now Sleeping

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:49 pm

TBH I bought it and fitted it myself as it cost less than a fiver to buy and I didnt want to wait for the rental agency to get round to doing it.

It looked like there had been a chain on the door before I moved in so I know that the agency couldnt say no
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Well done PPH, at least you'll feel safer A bit of a scare 768480 all you need now is some VB's 8" Heels then you can look through the spy hole A bit of a scare 40683
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 pm

I think I'll stick to my small step ladder as less chance of me falling over and landing on my bum Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

A bit of a scare 40683 A bit of a scare 40683 A bit of a scare 40683 A bit of a scare 40683 A bit of a scare 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Just catching up with this thread. Poor you PPH, that must have been really affraid for you pale

Glad to see you have managed to fit a chain on the door at little expense. Hopefully that will give you some peace of mind and I hope it was an isolated incident that won't occur again.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down