Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honey's Boys

+6
Fyxen
Minty
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
Doogs
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Honey's Boys - Page 2 Empty Re: Honey's Boys

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am

Thats a cracker Ronnie, not sure if I've seen it before, although one of the others may have
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:50 am

That's a great photo Ronnie - not sure who took it but it really is wonderful!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Never seen that one before No

What a stunning shot and a great choice for your desktop background Ronnie Cool Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Honey's Boys - Page 2 Empty Honeys boys

Post  cheetahlover Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 pm

I have just found this site and it is only now that I have found out that one of the boys has died. I have shed a few tears, as I followed them for several years on the tv. I wanted to see them one day and its sad to know that now one of them is missing.
cheetahlover
cheetahlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi Cheetahlover, welcome to our Forum cheers Please feel free to post on any threads, we would like to hear more from you.

It was very sad to hear about one of Honey's Boys as they were such a close team. It appears the two boys that are left have been coping without their brother, long may it continue Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Hello Cheetah Lover
Welcome to WAA. Your not on your own with sheading tears there were quite a few at the time, and stillare when we think of the three. however the two surving brothers are doing OK. We are still getting news, and updates about them from all our friends in the Masai Mara, so keep looking in for news
WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi cheetahlover
A warm welcome to WAA, glad you found us and please do feel free to join in on all the chat. You may want to take a look in the web cam section and check out our cheetah cubs tail, its a cam following a mum and her three new born cheetah cubs, alternatively on the home page click on the picture of the cheetah and it will take you straight there, I reckon you will love it.

So very sad about the brother that lost his life, we all had a good cry as well but as it's already been said, the remaining two are doing well, which is lovely and a credit to Honey.

Enjoy the forum and look forward to hearing more from you.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaD Fri May 25, 2012 12:50 am

So very sad.

did anyone ever find out more?

I ask simply because there is a video, it appears to be cut from an American documentary (Jonathan Scott) is at the start very briefly.
That shows 3 male cheetahs (brothers) trying to mate with a female, when a Male lion turned up and killed the female, followed by one of the 3 males.

I am reluctant to post the link, I wish I had not seen it (whoever the cheetah is) and am sure many of you wont want too.

So if anyone has seen the video, or the documentary it was for do they know if it was of Honey's boys? Sad

RaD

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 am

Hello RaD, I have seen the show the clip you are referring to is from and I too didn't like seeing it. It is so tragic but It happens more than you would think. To answer your question, no, the cheetahs in the documentary are not Honey's Boys. Thankfully there were no cameras around when one of them was caught and killed, presumably by a lion. As hard as it was to watch it was a very interesting documentary. There really was no good reason for the lions to kill cheetahs as they really don't compete for the same prey. In reality, they concluded, it would actually be a benefit for lions to have cheetahs around because they are very easy to steal kills from with little effort. They figured that lions simply don't know the difference between leopards, an actual rival for much of the same prey, and cheetahs.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 am

Welcome to WAA Rad
Sadly these things happen, and as Ronnie says there were no cameras around when one of Honeys Boys was killed. With these sort of clips when they are posted, we give a brief explanation of the content, and a warning that it may be upsetting to view. Then each member cn make their own choice on wether to watch it. As a new member you will not be able to post links, or pictures, untill you have been a member for 7 Days. Lions as Ronnie said would logicaly be better off letting Cheetahs, make the kills then take it off them, it would take a lot less energy, but its the survival instinct in all predators to remove food conpetitors. Lions will kill Cheetahs, Hyenas, and Leopards. Hyenas will kill Lion Cubs, Cheetahs, and Leopards if they can. Leopards can take Cheetahs out. The Cheetah unfortunatly being the lightest of the predators is at the bottom of the chain. At the moment hardly any Cheetahs have been seen in the Masai Mara, not only do they have to survive against all the other predators, but also local farmers who will kill the to protect livestock.

WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaD Fri May 25, 2012 10:25 am

Hi guys thanks for the replies.
Yeah I was thinking about it last night, not making much sense seeing as they go for completely different prey and a cheetah is no threat to a lion whatsoever. Would a cheetah go for a lion cub if it found it though, no other lions in the area? Or would they assume there were others near by and move away?

Thanks for the information too, I was not aware that I was unable to post links at the moment, but as I said I was reluctant too anyway.

RaD

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Rad
The 7 day rule is a security thing, and applies to all new members, it's part of the Forums site. Hope your OK with that.
I've never heard, or seen any reports of a Cheetah taking a Lion Cub, just the scent of Lion is enough for them to vacate the area. Lion Cubs are very rarely left on their own, it only usualy happens, if it is a Lioness without a pride, and she is forced to hunt for her own food. The only other time is when a Lioness gives birth she will take herslef away from the pride to somewhere quite, and hidden away to have her cubs, and then when she judges the time is right she will introduce them to the other pride members. Hyenas are the biggest danger to Lion Cubs, they will have no hesitation in taking them if the opportunity arises.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaD Fri May 25, 2012 8:02 pm

It would make more sense for a cheetah to take a lion cub, than a lion to take a cheetah cub though. A lion cub will grow up to be a serious threat.

It's a strange world.

RaD

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Very true RaD its bewildering at times, but wildlife does'nt follow our laws of logic, it's instinctive and follows natures laws, and the instincts in its DNA from how evolved.
We currently have a web cam thats following a Cheetah Mum, and her 3 cubs, who it is hoped will be eventualy be released into the wild. The Mum has just moved the Cubs outside, and we hope a new cam will be up, and running in the next 24Hrs so we will be able to follow them as they grow up. The cam is in the Wildlife Web Cam section on the home page, but to save you lookin this is the link, just click on it, and you can catch up on the story so far
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1612-a-cheetah-cubs-tail#32600
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaD Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks Whitestarling, that looks really great. I hope they make it, Cheetahs are such beautiful and elegant cats. One day I hope I can go and see them in the wild, but it seems the numbers are dropping fast.

RaD

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi RaD
Welcome to the Forum. The others seem to have filled you in re Honeys boys etc so I just wanted to say welcome and glad you have seen WS's link to the Cheetah Cub Tails cam, shortley, hopefully by tomorrow the outside cam will be up and running so we can see the next stage of their development.
Enjoy the cam and enjoy the site. Good to have you with us.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Honey's Boys - Page 2 Empty A recent update

Post  Ghost2k25 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Ghost2k25

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Honey's Boys - Page 2 768480 Thanks Ghost he's still looking strong
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RaD Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 pm

that's great to see, thanks for sharing that ghost.

RaD

Back to top Go down

Post  cheetahlover Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Good to know he's still on the go and healthy. Nice one!
cheetahlover
cheetahlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2