Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leucistic Cock Pheasant

5 posters

Go down

Leucistic Cock Pheasant Empty Leucistic Cock Pheasant

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:34 pm

I think I've got another of those once in a lifetime shots. I first saw this Bird briefly nearly a Month ago. I turned out into the lane where we live, and it was just round the corner, I reversed back, and dashed for my camera, but when I got back it had vanished. At the time from the glimpse I had I thought it could be a White Pheasant. We were coming home today, and turned into our lane, and I could see it just passed the turning where we live. I got Mrs S to drive up slowly, and managed to get these shots of it. They are not as clear as they could be as they were tacken through the windscreen, as I did'nt want to disturb it, before I got a record of it, which was more inportant then the quality of the photo.

Leucistic Cock Pheasant 02710

Leucistic Cock Pheasant 02810

Leucistic Cock Pheasant 02910

Leucistic Cock Pheasant 03010

I'm certain it's a Leucistic Cock Pheasant, I can't think of anything else it could be, unless anyone has any ideas.

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Leucistic Cock Pheasant Empty Re: Leucistic Cock Pheasant

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:31 pm

No Idea at the moment WS so I would go with you. I have never seen a White Cock Pheasant before and I wonder how unusual he is, you could have a unique capture there Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 am

Great photos WS - well done for getting the shots. I agree with you, and I'm surprised it has survived this long as I thought they were singled out by the other pheasants when young.

Keep us posted WS.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 pm

What an amazing find and great that you managed to get a picture of it WOW

I thought Leucistic was another word for 'albino' but had to check  Leucistic Cock Pheasant 615959 Embarassed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Well done WS! Wonderful to be able to see something like that .. and get a picture!! cheers
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks Guys, apparently it's not that rare, but I still feel privaliged to have seen one. I will keep my eye out for it, as they usualy stay in the same area. I now have two Leucistic birds, my Starling, and the Pheasant. Its to much to hope for three in a lifetime I suppose
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 am

Managed to get another photo of my White Pheasant to day. He's been hanging around for he last few days, but trying to get close enough is really difficult. Mrs S spotted him the day before yesterday in the field opposite where we live. I shot out with the camera, buy could'nt see him, then Mrs S saw him at the base of a tree, and shouted he's here affraid That was it he legged it before I could get a shot, he looks really funny running, just reminded me of the Road Runner. Mrs S saw him again this morning on the way home from work, just on the corner of the main road, and the lane to where we live. I went out, and could see him at the end of the lane, but he spotted me. I walked down as quiet as I could after he went up the bank, and when I got there I could see him lying up in some leaves on the bank where the snowdrops were that I photo'd the other day. That was clearly an instinctive move to danger, he obviously doe'snt realise he's white, if it had been a normal coloured Pheasant he would have been really hard to spot against the leaves. I managed to get one shot from a distance, but as I moved closer he was up, and off again.
 Leucistic Cock Pheasant 00120
I've decided to call him Barry
WS

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 am

Barry certainly has been giving you the run around WS but as you say being White he has nowhere to hide in those green leaves  Leucistic Cock Pheasant 40683 if it snows in Wales you'll have no chance of spotting him affraid
Good to see him again cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Cool that Barry (like the name Wink ) has turned up again and he's certainly giving you and Mrs WS the run around Laughing He is very distinctive in the greenery but like LW says - you're in trouble if it snows !!! lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Leucistic Cock Pheasant 71418 good for Barry - so pleased he's okay and giving you the run around WS - lol!

Looking forward to more photos, but as Doogs says not so easy to spot in the snow!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum