Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Deer !

4 posters

Go down

Oh Deer ! Empty Oh Deer !

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I've heard of salmon jumping into boats, but never anything quite like this...

Tom Satre's story of him being out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when he saw 4 juvenile black-tailed deer swim directly towards his boat.

"Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed.
I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it! Once onboard, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering."

We headed for Taku Harbour . Once we reached the dock, the first buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help.
My daughter, Anna, and son, Tim, helped the last buck to its feet. We didn't know how long they had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. My daughter later told me that the experience was something that she would never forget, and I suspect the deer felt the same way as well!"

Oh Deer ! Deer_110

Oh Deer ! Deer_210

Oh Deer ! Deer_310

Oh Deer ! Deer_410
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Oh Deer ! Empty Re: Oh Deer !

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

What an extraordinary story Doogs, those deer were so lucky they happened to come along, Ive never heard anything like it before. I bet both parties will never forget that experience but dont the deer look quite comfortable on the boat I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

I thought they looked very chilled in the boat LW - quite an amazing story with a nice happy ending Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm

They would look chilled Doogs the water was freezing Oh Deer ! 40683 What a great story, and how brilliant the they were there to help the Deer, and did such a good job of it. A really once in a lifetime experience
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 am

What a great story, it made me Sad with happiness. Totally amazing and such a memory for Tom. So trusting of the deer somehow knowing they could be helped.

Great story, thanks Doogs.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down