Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amur Leopard

+5
littlewid
Laikipia
whitestarling
RMorr50912
Doogs
9 posters

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Amur Leopard - Page 19 Empty Re: Amur Leopard

Post  whitestarling Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for the Pics, and Vids Prinz* Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480 Sorry I still need time to catch up properly. I've been running a Pub, and I've also started my seasonal Holiday Job this weekend end, and I want to watch your Vids of our Girls properly.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 pm

More amazing pictures of Darla and the girls. There is so much leaping and tumbling in those photo's it's wonderful http://www.picgifs.c not quite a Leopard but it does kind of mimic the action going on in those pictures Amur Leopard - Page 19 40683 . It's almost as if they have just realised there is a camera there and they are playing up to it. Loved looking at those Prin* and I loved the ones where it was getting dark.
Thanks for those, I always look forward to seeing Darla and her not so little cubs I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 pm

WOW Thanks Prin* for all the pics and videos!

I see most of your pics on FB so I don't remember to thank you enough here! Sorry

Have I ever mentioned that seeing Darla and her newborn baby Baruto in April 2011 changed my whole life? And I have heard that I am not the only one. Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Cremecat, I believe someone we both know very well will soon be seeing that wonderful boy Baruto very very soon bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 pm

I know!!! Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418

http://i73.servimg.c

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Amur Leopard - Page 19 40683 it's exciting isn't it Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843

littlewid-x- http://i73.servimg.c
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello, my friends! Group Hug
I am very excited about the trip! bounce
And I am kind of nervous too... What a Face
As you both know, I am keeping my fingers crossed to have a lot of sunny
Little Baruto changed me too... Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843 I guess he'll always be my favourite! I love you
Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Prin* Hugs

Couldn't help but almost let slip it was you who is going to see Baruto bounce I'm excited for you and I had a feeling cremecat would know you were going as well......only 6 more days to go Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418 and I am praying for lots of sunny for you and don't be nervous, just think of seeing Baruto again http://i73.servimg.c I love you

littlewid-x- Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 am

Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480 Loved the Video of Darla, and the Girls playing in the snow, they were having a real old romp, and its was great to see mum joining in the fun. Looked like a really good girls day out http://i73.servimg.c You have some great pics on FB as well Prinz*. Took me a while to catch up, but I for there in the end Very Happy Keeping my fingers X for sunny for your visit to Baruto, that's really going to be exciting, and loads more pics for us to see Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 am

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Prin* Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843

Loving this Leopard family more and more each day I love you I have just looked at all those photo's and I must say my favourite link is the second link you posted at 2.23 today, they are just stunning, it was as if she was just posing for you to take the snaps, it was so lovely and I love the night pics as well. The link from this evening shows them zooming around again, they really love this snow and is it my imagination or has it snowed again as the snow seemed deeper and fresher than the pics posted on Sunday.
Thanks also for the video bounce I have had a huge Amur Leopard fix this evening which is fantastic but they stop me saying hello to Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843 n http://www.sherv.net Amur Leopard - Page 19 40683

littlewid-x- Very Happy
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Greetings from Prin*! cheers cheers

She made it to La Torbiera, and she met Baruto!!! Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418

She asked me to post this link to her pics as the internet connection is not so good there:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.569662243052573.1073741833.100000264077494&type=1&l=2692e68b02

I love you I love you I love you
CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Fantastic photos of Baruto Prinz*, great you got there, and thanks for sharing your Photos with us Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Hello everyone!
Thank you so much, Cremecat!
I just cannot open more than one tab - or window - that the computer crashes, and the wi-fi here is terrible, so I just stopped by to say thanks to CC and tell you all that I have some five or six little movies that I hope to upload in my next stop.
Worst possible scenario, when I get home, in ten days!
Get back to you soon, lw! I hope you managed to get the little one to his manicure!
I'm glad you liked my "little Baruto", WS!
Have a nice week, all of you!

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Thank you so much, Prin*! I loved your set of Baruto and Birba, and it felt so good to hear that Baruto is happy now. I remember when he was separated from his mom - he was so unhappy and upset! Sad
But it looks like he and Birba are BFFs and maybe even more later... bounce I love you Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843

I heard that Toomas (Baruto's big brother) and Stina had their honeymoon 42-46 days ago, and Stina has not been in heat again after that. Maybe we will also have some little furballs this year in Helsinki! Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

WOW That would really be something CC more little ones at Helsinki Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843 Amur Leopard - Page 19 853843
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm

How wonderful, CC! WOW
Babies by that pair... Such a handsome couple! Very Happy

My "report" on La Torbiera follows... Amur Leopard - Page 19 40683
I won't delete the Tallinn references, ok? I think all you have to know is Otto and Mahnadi are the most romantic leopard couple ever! http://i73.servimg.c http://i73.servimg.c
Ah, and that Khasan is the Amur who would lie down in front of visitors as if inviting them to scratch his belly! lol!

Now... http://i73.servimg.c

As most of you probably know, I went to visit our beloved Baruto at his new home, Parco Faunistico La Torbiera, and spent the most magnificent hours with him!

Luckily, he was sleepy but kept fighting the urge to go to bed, and only disappeared for a few minutes inside his cave, which means that I had either him or his cute girlfriend, nicknamed Birba, to keep me company for the entire time.

The few minutes – fewer than ten! - Birba chose to take a little nap up on the rocks, I took the time to watch their elegant neighbors, a pair of cheetahs, whose piercing look was fascinating to admire.

As to our darling couple, it looks like they really enjoy each other’s company, as in the more than four hours I spent with them, I never saw them bickering or even the least annoyed at each other. Besides, they would be doing their own thing and, all of a sudden, one of them would start being playful with the other, be it stalking and running after the friend, trying to catch the other up a tree, or just checking out what the other one was doing.

Their behavior is not amorous like Otto and Mahnadi’s, actually, they act more like playdates than actual boyfriend/girlfriend, but they seem to like being together and, if I remember Baruto’s being such a momma’s boy, I guess he’s just too happy to be joined with a female companion again.

Especially because little Birba seems very sweet and good tempered... Even though I wasn’t talking to her – I was primarily interested in Baruto! – it was her who first approached me, and she came right to the glass wall and kept trying to touch me, touching the glass that divided us with her cute paw as if trying to reach me and play. Then, all of a sudden, it seems she got shy and gave me her back... Perhaps I was staring too much, but she was there for more than one minute!

Baruto approached too, but only later. He came near the glass wall and lay in the ground, it was very cute... It looked a little like the videos I’ve seen of big brother Khasan. It seems he was scratching his head, it was sweet and funny at the same time. Then he stayed for a long time looking at me and it looked like he tried to sniff me, but then the spell was broken because my husband, who had gone check the cheetahs, was approaching, and Baruto started snarling at him. He really showed his teeth to him! I think he didn’t want another male in his surroundings! Baruto came near me once again, and it was also magical! I think I stayed there so long that he got me mixed up with the landscape, lol

Baruto reminded me very much of his daddy. Just like Freddi, he chose a path that he walks again and again, and that’s why so many of my pictures look the same: I clicked every time he was coming in my direction again! The same route, just like Freddi round Kannu, and then, sometimes a little detour, but only as an exception. He also likes to rest “upstairs”, on his rocks, the same way he used to do with Darla, and only rarely he went inside the cave while I was there.

Birba likes it very much to go up the trees, and sometimes Baruto tried to reach her from the ground with his paws, just like the Girls do today. Baruto also climbs the trees, but it looks like it’s much more Birba’s stuff.

They are always trying to see what’s happening on the other side of their fences. On the right side – to the visitors – there were some people working on a new enclosure, so sometimes there would be a strange noise and they rushed over to see – or try. Sometimes it looked like there was a bird, and sometimes there was nothing we could readily identify. Other times, we couldn’t even hear anything, but maybe they were listening to sounds that we mere humans could not hear. On the left side of his enclosure, there is the cheetahs place, but I don’t believe they can see the other enclosure, even from up there. They probably smell the others and that’s why they get curious, so they keep looking and looking, as if something very interesting is going on there.

There is probably stuff I do not remember now, but I’ll let you know afterwards if something comes.

I still have some pictures I need to post, but I am still on vacation and connection here is very slow – and not at all friendly to FB! – so I will need to do it when I get home, in about a week.

I am sorry about the repeated pictures, but the wi-fi would fail and I had to select the pictures again to upload, and I didn’t have the time to check precisely which one was already in the album. I also apologize that there are so many similar pictures, but if someone other than me went to visit Baruto, I would like to see ALL pictures available, so I imagine people who really like him will not mind.

After three tries and more than one hour, I managed to upload two short videos, one of Birba approaching the glass and in the other Baruto is on the ground doing his customary route and Birba is up a tree she seems to like most.

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Baruto cheers

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC05158

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC05161

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC05163

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC05167

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Birba I love you

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC04604

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC04605

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC04606

Amur Leopard - Page 19 DSC04607

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480 Brilliant shots of Baruto & Birba Prinz* Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480 and laso on your FB Page thanks so much for sharing them with us. Looks like you had a great time
WS http://i73.servimg.c
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Prin*, thank you so much for the story of Baruto and Birba! I love you And for the videos and photos!!!
They are so wonderful together; I guess we all know how unusual it is that leopards get along so well as they are solitary animals in the wild.

I think Snow Leopards are more social, and they can sometimes live together and raise families together. Prin* you are so right about Mahnadi and Otto: they are the true lovebirds of all Snow Leopards! Amur Leopard - Page 19 71418

Have a happy vacation! I'm looking forward to your next set of photos. Amur Leopard - Page 19 768480

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Prin* Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello, everyone! Very Happy
Thanks for the info, CC, I didn't know that about snowies! Thanks

14 captures I made today:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.571507912868006.1073741840.100000264077494&type=1&l=6771c1679a

Amur Leopard - Page 19 556665_571509506201180_673521081_n

Amur Leopard - Page 19 549854_571508046201326_1846427477_n

Prin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next