Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxes Live: Wild in the City

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Empty Re: Foxes Live: Wild in the City

Post  Laikipia Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Dogs walked, food ready to go ............ and then ready to watch our foxes cheers

Enjoy the programme Littlewid. I'm so pleased this week it's on 3 times Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 08, 2012 5:56 am

Thoroughly enjoyed last nights except the poor little yearling that got caught and shot, I really don't agree with that and it had me in floods of tears, surely there must be another way, I also thought he could have brought his birds inside during the night.

What about the fox that had her own apartment? rightly or wrongly, he genuinely loved her didn't he and she was a stunning fox.

They are now showing more after the show on More 4 which is channel after the initial programme, this is channel sky 138, Virgin 147, freeviw 14, Freesat 124 and it's on for half an hour.

Looking forward to tonights bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

I Agree Littlewid. It was hard to watch, and now I will be controversial. When I was lambing and the fox bit the heads of 8 lambs one night I wasn't too keen on it, but decided it was nature and had to accept the loss of my lambs. It was tragic to see and not something I wish to dwell on.

I hated the fact that he shot the fox, and wondered why it couldn't be taken far far away and released?

The man with the fox flat was just so eccentric, can you imagine? I felt sorry that the fox didn't seem to get out, even into a small outside area. It seemed to use a cat litter tray. Not sure I agree with it, but as you say he does genuinely love that fox.

I spotted that Littlewid, and have recorded it for later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Lai that's an awful story re the Lambs and no wonder you don't want to dwell on it. Must have been heartbreaking to see that Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

It was Doogs, but it is nature, rather like seeing the lions feeding on a young giraffe or ele, shocking and tragic but the circle of life Sad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

How horrible for you Lai, it's the part of nature I hate, wont say anymore as it's upsetting for you.

I too think he could have relocated the fox, it was only a yearling so he would have been battling for an area of his own anyway i am sure, so to relocate him may not have been too much trouble for the little fox and I do think that if you know foxes are around, you look after your pets more and he should have been trying to protect his birds better, shooting the fox was very extrem I think and not really called for and I think that although they tried to cover it sensitively it could well encourage others to just call in the bloke that would shoot them without any hesitation.

Looking forward to tonights and will be watching the More 4 one as well.......at least if we are not on here we all know we are watching the foxes or Planet Earth Live or checking the web cams.......it's all go isn't it but very exciting bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I have just done the Fox survey Fox
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 pm

The Cubs have been really having fun today. They were playing out in the garden this afternoon, and their still at it tonight
Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Wa1119

Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Wa295

Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Wa337

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Sleeping cub, wonder if this is Tom?
Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Mwsna218
Not sure if you have seen the More 4 programme from tonight Lai so wont say anything till I know you have seen it......need to cool down a bit anyway before I say anything.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Posted at the same time again WS Very Happy great pics you have there.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 09, 2012 8:17 am

cheers for doing the survey Littlewid. It will be interesting to hear the results at the end.

I haven't watched either programmes yet as we went into Manchester last night but I will be catching up during the day so I can watch tonights programme. I am forewarned now so no doubt will be in agreement with you Littlewid.

Great photos WS and Littlewid - lovely to see the cubs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 pm

I've done the survey too

Really upsetting about the yearling. Great to see Brian May and his obvious love of nature and that he is doing so much to help them. His 'garfen' is where they released a hedgehog that got attacked and looking at the love and care he has I'm sure that the hedgie is doing really well there.

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 pm

I think everyones more or less said everything I was going to,a nd Lai I'm sorry
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Caught up on both programmes now and will just say that Charlie is a total ass, that video they showed of the fox taking the piglet in a babygrow out of a pram was completely ludicrous. It proved nothing and made him look like a complete ****** Evil or Very Mad

Loved the poll at the end showing +++ for foxes cheers

I understand about rural foxes of course as I explained but I wouldnt have gone out and shot the fox for doing what a fox does. Thank god for people like Brian May. I remember that PPH about the hedgie, I think you posted a piece on it.

On a plus, all the footage has been fascinating and I am looking forward to tonight's programmes.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Not sure what happened to my post I put on here this morning but I'm sure I put one up.......or am I going mad What a Face
Back to this post after my tea and the programme tonight, running late this evening.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Well done for doing the survey as well PPH.

I quite agree about Charlie yesterday Lai, that proved nothing and I am sure scared so many people for no reason, that man was on a stupid mission to damage foxes and all the good work this programme has done.

Loved both of tonights programmes and can't believe it's all finished, I will really miss it. Good to see that so many people like foxes but a shame to hear the numbers were down from their last poll.

No more den cams after tonight, that is going to be a blow, I have loved watching them. All quiet at both dens at the moment but just managed to get a shot of one of the foxes under a tree, it is raining and not a good shot but may be the last capture I get.
Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Mwsna219
I will miss all the foxes that have given us so much pleasure but I will mostly miss little Tom and I realy hope he does well and has a long and happy life, he has really touched my heart.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Tom just now I love you I love you I love you
Foxes Live: Wild in the City - Page 3 Mwsna220
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Awww great capture of little Tom I love you LW

After not seeing any of last weeks shows I've Sky +'d this weeks so looking forward to watching them at some point.

Am I right in saying the programme last week were all short but this week there are 3 x 1 hour long programmes ?

Thanks
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Thats right Doogs, last Mondays was an hour long, then the rest of the week there were fiv min updates everyone and then this week it has been on for an hour on Monday, Tuesday and today and then a half hour show on More 4, so you have loads to catch up on but they are brilliant programmes and the More 4 shows have had some interesting debates. Enjoy the ones you have recorded.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks LW - we are looking forward to watching them hopefully at the weekend. Pity I was silly and missed last weeks Mad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 pm

You will enjoy them Doogs. The Den cams are running until Midnight tonight. The little cubs are active at the moment, sadly I have just had to turn the cam off as I need to go to bed, otherwise I will oversleep in the morning, but it brought a tear to my eye to turn them off, I have so enjoyed watching them. I wish them all well Fox I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 10, 2012 8:25 am

Lovely photo of Tom to end on Littlewid - I really hope he makes it.

Overall I really enjoyed the programmes - and hope that people now have a better understanding of foxes, especially urban foxes.

If anyone is at fault, it is us for encouraging them and feeding them, how can a fox know a boundary? That woman who had her window open in her kitchen and then wondered why the fox didn't understand where he could or couldn't go Rolling Eyes really, I despair of people sometimes! I would feed them but not encourage them to get closer and closer and to come into my house.

I will miss the den cams - they were wonderful to watch.

Lai Fox

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 pm

I quite agree with you about that woman Lai, she was very silly. They said on last night More 4 programme that they can't be sure but they wonder if the foxes that come into your house and take food from your hand are the foxes that have be in a sanctuary after beingill and have been rehabilitated, they will not be as wary of people as true wild foxes, I can understand that thought process, obviously they have no data to back that up but it's a good thought.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Tom and don't laugh but when I eventually turned the cam off at about 11.15 last night I went to bed and and sent out thoughts to Tom and wished him well.......just the silly person I am Embarassed

I am really going to miss the programme and the cams, it was all brilliant.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 10, 2012 10:31 pm

On the FB page chat they are asking for an update on the foxes and also the den cams back, the chat has been quite huge on here during the programmes, so I have joined the chat tonight and also asked for an update and the cams back. I will keep an eye on the page and see what happens.......hopefully channel 4 will oblidge.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

Yes I heard that about the rehab foxes and it's a good theory. I love that you sent Tom good thoughts, it shows what a caring person you are Littlewid.

Will check out their FB page later today, but great that you've been in touch with them - it would be wonderful if the cams stayed on for longer.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum