Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Lions

3 posters

Go down

The Last Lions Empty The Last Lions

Post  MissLeopard28 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 am

For those who are big cat fans, I would highly recommend that you check out “The Last Lions” filmed by Dereck and Beverly Joubert. It’s narrated by Jeremy Irons. These are the same filmmakers of “Eye of the Leopard” which was broadcast on National Geographic and received critical acclaim. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed with “The Last Lions.” It follows a mother lioness (Ma di Tau) with her two cubs after they escape a hostile pride to a small remote island. It is both uplifting and harrowing as she struggles to raise the cubs to adulthood.

I watched it for the first time and fell in love. I am planning to buy the DVD on Amazon soon. I am the proud owner of the DVD, “Eye of the Leopard,” that my mom gave me for Christmas 2010. I told her how much I loved BCD and so she found EOL and we watched it together.

ABC News did a feature on the Jouberts and the news anchor met up with them in Botswana. They ended up finding Ma di Tau and Silver Eye -- two lionesses featured in the documentary:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/jouberts-film-lions-15118094
MissLeopard28
MissLeopard28

Back to top Go down

The Last Lions Empty Re: The Last Lions

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks MissLeopard - we started a thread on this some time ago,under Animals of the World titled National Geographic. (I think I should have put in under Lions)! The Last Lions really was a moving film.

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1547-national-geographic?highlight=national+geograpic

Thanks for the ABC News link.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks for the Link Missleopard, it was great to see the Jouberts again, they are a fantastic couple with their commitment to wildlife, and their films. The Last Lions was a very moving film, and as they said you can see the number of Lions falling. The first time I caught Eye of the Leoprad was on Nat Geo, and I only caught the last 1/2 Hr. I waited weeks for it to come on again so I could watch it from the start, and I have to say its one of my most favourite films. I have posted on it many times in the past, urging people to watch it when it comes on, and I could watch it time, and time again, it was brilliant
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum