Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beach

4 posters

Go down

The Beach Empty The Beach

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm

I have just had a lovely but blustery walk with Nero on Worthing Beach. The weather has been a right old mixture, one minute drizzle, then bright sunshine then dark cloud......but that wasn't going to stop us having a lovely wander along the seafront. It's Goring Beach really, just that it's in Worthing but it's the pretty end of the beach.
Quite a lot of people were down their braving the wind and watching the Kites and the surfers, the waves were just right for surfing today.
Whilst we were there I thought I'd take a few pictures on my phone (still can't find the camera What a Face ), so heres what Nero and I saw a little while ago.
A lovely tree lined walk that is the only shelter on a windy day.
The Beach Img-2056

Some pretty wild flowers that are all along the beach at the moment
The Beach Img-2057

A good day for kite surfing, check out that sky
The Beach Img-2058

Did one of these on normal capture and the other one on lanscape, there is quite a difference.
Normal
The Beach Img-2059

Landscape
The Beach Img-2060

Saved the best pic of the day till last.......My Boy Nero
The Beach Img-2061
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Beach Empty Re: The Beach

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm

What a great walk you and Nero must have had. I just have to start with admiring your pic of Nero, such a gorgeous handsome boy.

Love all the photos, the tree lined walk is very picturesque and makes you want to follow the path, the wild flowers are Sea Mallow and very pretty. Not sure I would want to kite surf but you've got to admire them What a Face What a difference between normal and landscape - a lovely scene.

Thanks for sharing your walk with us.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 am

The Beach 768480 Thank you for your comments Lai. It was a lovely walk and it's a really nice part of the beach. Also thanks for identifying the flowers, I hadn't a clue as to what they were and they have such a lovely name I think.
I am biased but I too love that pic of Nero, he was sitting on the bench right up close so I wasn't sure if the picture would blur so I was surprised it came out so well. We did have such a lovely walk yesterday and no doubt we will go again this week.......we went on Monday to a different part of the beach so will have to investigate another part when we go again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am

I'm a little alien that you have a beach nearby to walk on. It must be wonderful and Nero must enjoy it so much.

Please don't forget your phone or even the elusive camera that's hiding in your wellies Laughing I love seeing your photos.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Thats really kind of you to say Lai Group Hug I always have my phone with me as I am always snapping everything I see Very Happy If I could find my wellies as well maybe I would find my camera but sadly they have gone missing too......heaven knows what I have done with two of the most important things I use :What:

It is fantastic to have the Beach so near and I love it too, I spend a lot of time at the beach, whatever season it is I am down there, I love the water and it's just an enormous expanse with fresh air and freedom and so much to see and it's so relaxing and it is one place Nero really loves, he is not a swimmer like Bentley was but you can see he senses the freedom and peace as well. I wished you had a beach near you as Penny and Tamu would love it too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm

I would spend hours at the beach if we had one nearby, and probably never get to work. Laughing

We took the dogs once to our nearest beach and Penny caused chaos, we'd only just got her and so it probably wasn't such a good idea.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:31 am

What a cracking walk that is LW. It looks absoloutely fantastic I wish our beach was like that, but its all rocks, and pebbles. we do have a cycle track that runs along the edge its part of the track that goes all along the Welsh coast line, but the views are not a patch on your stretch of beach. That a really lovely walk thorough the trees, along the path. The kite surfing looks great, from your photos, although I think I'm getting a bit to long in the tooth for that The Beach 40683 . Great shot of the flowers, and well identified Lai, its amazing the difference you can get by changing the settings, and you can really tell the difference in your shots. Brilliant photo of Nero, he's a fantastic looking Boy now is'nt he. Thanks for sharing your walk with us LW, looking forward to you exploring another part of the beach, and some more photos.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 am

I think all dogs go nutty at the beach on their first time Lai, I remember Bentley going a bit bonkers, he was all over the place and went completely deaf, he was the dog with no name, he was jut on a mission to explore every patch of beach and nothing was going to stop him Very Happy Nero is more cautious, he runs off a bit then comes back to check I am still there then he is off again, then back again but it's a dogs heaven really. Are you going to try Penny again?

We have a fantastic beach WS and the whole stretch is different, further up from these photos there is a really dense wooded area and further the other way towards town it's just a stretch of sand, pebbles and the Pier and there is a fantastic hand built and carved wooded childrens play area and also a beach garden of different plants and flowers, I will try and walk Nero that end and get some shots. Our beach is also well respected and there has never been any damage to the play area or the garden and they are just open areas for everyone to enjoy.

Too old for Kite surfing..........Never WS The Beach 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 am

I think we would take Tamu on her own, Penny is now an old girl and tires easily, she loves our woods and being here on her own patch where she knows whats what. I am not sure it would be fair to her now but last weekend we took Tamu on her own to Lyme Park and had a lovely walk, a section on the lead due to sheep and lambs but a lovely outing for her (& Pete & me with the coffee and cake) Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 pm

I agree Lai, when dogs get older they do like to stay on their own patch a lot more and feel secure. Glad you had a nice walk with Tamu though at Lyme Park and that you and Pete got to have coffee and cake......thats always good Very Happy

After yesterday we have had quite a nice day, a little bit of rain but mainly sunshine and quite breezy, but this evening was fairly nice so Nero and I went to the beach again, we visited the same spot but I took a picture of what it looks like at the end of the wooded walk way, it is towards the town so the view is quite different (although on my phone not very clear). It's not quite near the childrens play area or the gardens......I will get a snap of that for you to see but this is the view of the other end of the walk. To the left of the picture behind the bushes is a large grassy area that is often frequented by families having picinics and lazing in the sun......when we get it and dogs chasing balls, just beyond the flag to the left is a magnificent cafe, it really does have the best cakes and ice creams and it has been there for over 50yrs.
The Beach Img-2071
After we had been to the beach, Nero to my amazement was still full of energy, so I decided to take him to the South Downs for a run, well he did a bit of running but mainly decided to roll in the grass
The Beach Img-2072

The Beach Img-2073

The Beach Img-2074

The Beach Img-2075
He finally wore himself out Very Happy
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:52 am

It looks perfect there Littlewid, and with a lovely cafe what could be better? Nero looks like he was really enjoying himself, I love the first photo of him upside down Laughing

So pleased you had a better day, a definite reversal with the weather, we had rain, rain and more rain What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Sorry your day was not so good yesterday Lai, WS said it had been bad in Wales too.

I am thinking of buying a beach hut, they don't come up for sale very often and they are quite expensive to buy, but it would be a great investment for me and Nero and I would use it so much and to sit on the beach in the winter is just amazing, watching the sea and its lovely when it rains, so if I had a beach hut we could sit in the dry and just watch the beautiful sea and how it changes with the various weather conditions, plus I could make hot tea and soup in there and be all snuggly and get some great pics......if I find the camera. I need t contact the council to see if any are free at the moment for buying.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Fantastic idea. I've always thought how brilliant, and people paint them lovely colours and can sit there watching the world go by and having such a fun time.

I hope you can Littlewid, I am sure it would be a great thing to do.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm

It would be brilliant Lai, I would spend hours down there, trouble is though they don't come up dor sale very often and I am not ure if there is a waiting list but I am definiately going to find out, it would be one dream come true Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm

I bet there is quite a waiting list, but so worth asking, you never know. I always looks at them and think they look so beautiful and what a great way to spend your time, on the beach with your own little hut being able to do anything that takes your fancy.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm

I am sure there is a waiting list Lai but it is worth asking. I would make mine so comfortable it would be amazing and to have your own little spot on the beach would be pure heaven. I will let you know what I am able to find out.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 am

It really does look a beautiful spot LW, and especialy for a Beach Hut, and just think you would'nt even have to wait for winter to sit there in the rain, you could do it right now The Beach 40683 , and you might make a few bob from selling hot soup, and tea The Beach 40683 . For some reason I can only see one of the pics of Nero where he's lying down chillin out, but he looks as though he's enjoyed himself
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Never thought about selling the Tea and Soup WS, thats a cool move The Beach 768480

Not sure why you could only see one pic of nero, maybe it was taking a bit of time to load on your pc?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Lovely pics LW! The first one I love as it seems to have a misty dreamy look to it, but you are right Nero is the best!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum