Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa, not just the World Cup

4 posters

Go down

South Africa, not just the World Cup Empty South Africa, not just the World Cup

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:20 pm

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3007309/Lions-still-hunted-for-fun-in-South-Africa.html#comment-rig

Why or why does this barbaric activity still legally go on in this world Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

South Africa, not just the World Cup Empty Re: South Africa, not just the World Cup

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:56 pm

I am sorry to say this is true. I was engaged to an Afrikaans man back in 2003 and the place we were going to get married was a lovely reserve, stunning scenery etc etc. and then i found out they breed lions in captivity to release for hunting Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad i was so upset, shocked, appalled and the rest.

There are people out there who will pay $$$$'s for this so called sport.

How this is stopped i just don't know.

Lai Sad

ps we didn't get married Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

South Africa, not just the World Cup Empty Re: South Africa, not just the World Cup

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm really glad you added that PS Lai !! Laughing

Probably won't stop it completely but making it illegal would be a good start to stopping this from going on. It amazes me how anyone could kill these beautiful animals let alone pay to do it Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad affraid
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:02 pm

It is tragic, but it isn't only lions Evil or Very Mad big game and big $$$s

It should all be illegal, and even then it wouldnt stop Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Just read that article Doogs. I'm going to have to take some time to calm down before I reply !!!!!!!!!!
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 am

Yes it is one of these subjects that makes especially us absolutely fizzing Evil or Very Mad Sad Twisted Evil
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 am

True - but it is reality and whilst there are people willing to pay $$$ and that's what they want in SA then it will continue to happen affraid I have no idea what they can do about it, but it makes me sad that it has only come to light because of the football, before that no one cared or possibly no one knew.

I think i shall stop now,but they see it as just another form of income and typically the Americans (apologies here for a sweeping statement) are willing to pay for their trophy hunting. Evil or Very Mad

Lai No
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Doogs this just saddens you to the very core doesn't it and I think alot of the sadness is because we are powerless to stop this. You need a big team behind you and big bucks to fight this kind of barbaric thing. Other huge organisations have failed in the past and it appears that all we can do is to vent our anger and distaste at it and just pray that the football fans travelling to South Africa have the sense and kindness not to get wrapped up in this sort of vile so called sport.

I feel it is a shame that the World cup is being held in such a place, some will say its highlighted this news but we all new it went on before this article, we have all discussed it before. I just cannot stand for a country to earn such huge bucks out of the world when they are capable of doing this without a bat of an eyelid. Maybe one way to have helped stop this would have been for the World Cup to have been held somewhere else and let it be known that true sporting fixtures cannot be held in countries that plummet to the depths of the earth to gain big bucks through such appauling acts.
It may also have been a lesson to other countries that unless they clean up their act they too will be refused big sporting events that bring millions into the country. It's just a thought.
personally i'm not ashamed to say give me a riffle and then let these hunters stand in front of me.......A bold statement, but would I do time for these animals......yes I would, but comments like that should never need to be made, it should never, never, never be allowed in the first instance.

How can you wake up one morning so blissfully happy and end the day so flamming mad, the world is just beyond my capabilities of understanding sometimes.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum