Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birdfair 2013

2 posters

Go down

Birdfair 2013  Empty Birdfair 2013

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Friday 16th - Sunday 18th August 2013, Rutland Water Nature Reserve, Egleton, Rutland, LE15 8BT

This years Birdfair will be bigger and better than ever in our 25th Anniversary year. This year’s Birdfair will continue supporting BirdLife International’s Flyways Programme, but will focus specifically on the Americas. We will raise funds to support conservation efforts to protect birds which breed in the prairies and other grasslands in North America but winter south in the pampas grasslands of South America.

Described as the birdwatcher’s Glastonbury, The British Birdwatching Fair is jointly organised by the Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust and the RSPB.

Birdfair encompasses the whole spectrum of the birdwatching industry whilst at the same time supporting global bird conservation. This is the event of the year if you’re into birds and wildlife.

There are hundreds of stands selling the latest products for wildlife enthusiasts. You’ll find everything, from scopes to sculptures, binoculars to bird food, eGuides to eco-holidays!

This website is your complete guide to who is exhibiting and appearing at this year’s Birdfair. The website is “live” and will grow as more exhibitors and events are confirmed.

For details and information.

http://www.birdfair.org.uk/

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Birdfair 2013  Empty Re: Birdfair 2013

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 am

I ought to jump on a plane and go to this. Might get some precious tips on how to attract birds to my feeder http://www.picgifs.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 pm

lol! GR - what an ace idea! I guess that means you've not seen any visitors yet? Perhaps they feed when you are at work?

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm

I haven't seen any birds loitering around, but then again I haven't really been looking during the past month or so. But I think that the food level is still the same. Also, my 'xmas tree' is still up affraid I can be soooo lazy, though get away with it being single and away from my parents Razz

On a side topic: I've noticed a rearrangement of the smileys! And tongue has survived (also has a new central position within the smiley family Group Hug ); yay! Looks like the 'arrow' is no more, plus the 'smile' is not there, but that's okay because I always use this Very Happy one.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am

It might be a good idea to take down the festive Christmas bits and replace the feed, if you had rain it might have gone soggy, not sure what feed you are using. Generally within a couple of weeks you should have birds visiting.

I like http://i70.servimg.c

Lai http://i77.servimg.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 am

These are good ideas Lai. Perhaps this weekend I will take down my 'tree' and restock the feeder. Perhaps a better call name for me would be Procrastination Birdfair 2013  3525291757

http://www.picgifs.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am

I Agree GR - that's a good one and probably a little harsh on yourself but nonetheless it made me Laughing

Lai
aka E elephant
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum