Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog

3 posters

Go down

Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog Empty Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog Empty Re: Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

That really is sickening and tragic. We trust our beloved pets to groomers and they should be regulated.

Here is a link to the petition.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44758/signature/new

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog Empty Re: Be Careful Which Groomer you use for Your Dog

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks Lai for putting up the link - Petition signed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm

I am still in a state of shock about that article and those poor dogs who suffered unmentionable agony. It breaks my heart Sad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:59 pm

That is so shocking and upsetting to read, it makes you feel physically sick plus incredibly angry at the same time.

For the true groomers there is a lot of animal welfare and husbandry behind their qualifications so I agree that you should always check their qualifications and definitly go on recommendation as well. Leaving your dog in someone elses care is like leaving your child in a strangers care and we wouldn't do that unless we were certain they were extremely qualified and competent, it's the same with dogs and cats.

Nero's groomer has her own web site, her qualifications are on view for all to see in her little salon, her recommendations are genuine. Her own dogs are gorgeous and happy and healthy and more importantly, I have trouble getting Nero into the car, he is so happy there and really cheerful when I pick him up. He has been there longer than the 90mins they recommend in the article but I agree with one of the comments in the article at the bottom, it is hard to wash, clip, style dry and incoorporate toilet breaks ( bathing dogs always makes them want to wee more), break from clipping if they are becoming restless or bored with it, treats and cuddles. Thats the loving service Nero gets and it's all done in her dads back garden in a converted shed thats all pretty pink. Nero is washed in an ordinary bath, clipped on a table and not done up with straps, he is hand dried, his teeth are brushed, all products are fruit based and allergies are asked for every time you visit and Neros favourite is his blueberry face wash that you can buy in Harrods. I pay £29 and one pound for teeth cleaning and his claws are clipped as necessary and I can tell you my boy has a ball there. I go and do my shopping and Rosie gives me a call half an hour before Nero is ready to be collected,if I am a few minutes late, they will be found dancing together in the garden to the radio. Nero adores her and actually I do too as she takes such great care of my boy.
Just thought I would share the experience of a good, loving and qualified groomer who is in the business because she adores dogs.

I have signed the petition Lai and Doogs and also shared on FB.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I know you have a wonderful dog groomer Littlewid, and I sincerely hope this was just a one off but I still want to cry at the thought of what happened.

We'll get that petition signed and shared and hope that something will be done.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum