Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion!

4 posters

Go down

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! Empty Re: Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion!

Post  Laikipia Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 pm

cheers Doogs, you're a sharp cookie. I had this e-mail and Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 615959 Embarassed haven't shared it with everyone What a Face

Thanks and it surely looks interesting. I am going to the Google store now to see if I can find it.

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 71418 cheers £2.78 downloaded on my Tablet, this should be fun and interesting. You are a Like a Star @ heaven Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! Empty Re: Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion!

Post  whitestarling Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 768480 Great find Doogs, one to look into. Mrs S has a new android phone, that I'm showing her how to use, and she's just joined FB on it. So as she gets use to operating it this could be one for the future. My phone's still a brick I spend enough time on the Internet, without any more temptation Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Excellent cheers . . . . . feedback would be good Wink Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 29, 2013 8:22 am

I've not spent long with this App yet but so far they have listed

Mufasa - male lion who lives in Lewa
Rupi - Ruppells' vulture who was tagged in the Mara but is likely to cover vast areas of East Africa
Kalama - Grevy zebra - she is 5 years old and lives in Samburu
Maureen - a ele from Amboseli

You can read about the project as well as details on each of the above + a map showing their movements and a chart showing distances.

It looks like more animals/birds will be added.

I think this will be fun to follow.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 pm

http://i70.servimg.c thanks Lai, that does sound good and will be even better once they add more animals and birds. I think the Vulture will be quite interesting to keep track of as I'm sure it will cover a large area Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 am

I Agree Doogs. Vultures although not too attractive are quite fascinating, so to see just where it goes will be great.

I am remember to keep it updated so I don't miss any new additions.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 30, 2013 1:37 pm

It will be interesting to see if the Vultures do cover a large territory (which you would presume they do, well I think they would) or if they stick to the same area, only you will be able to reveal the answers Lai Wink

Cool re the updates
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Must make a note to check daily and report back Doogs. I am a tad forgetful at the moment Embarassed What a Face scratch Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 615959

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 40683 Lai Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Checked last night and it gives you a 14 day tracking record, fascinating to see how far and the route all the animals and the vulture are taking.

I also added another 3 eles from Amboseli. Worryingly the lion has not been picked up for 14 days, I will check again tonight.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Thats really exciting Doogs. I don't have a smart phone just a Blackberry but I could down load it to my tablet......and then like Lai, try and remember to follow it, I too am rather forgetful geek but I would love to have it to follow and I love that you can add who you want to follow.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Any update/news on that Lion Lai ? Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Checking now ..................

yes, updated and showing he is moving around the area to the left of Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, just trying to work out how far he travels, I may have to ask Pete to translate the graph.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 768480 Yeaaaah, that's great news, thanks Lai Introducing an Application that Lets You Track a Lion! 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 pm

.... and a huge relief Rolling Eyes

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

I Agree
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum