Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Canin and Bear Baiting

3 posters

Go down

Royal Canin and Bear Baiting Empty Royal Canin and Bear Baiting

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:50 pm

How on earth can Royal Canin say they didn't know they were sponsoring Bear Baiting and then say they will stop sponsoring it. Utterly disgusting and so against all their statements of animal welfare. They say they are going to ditch Bear Baiting, well I hope people ditch Royal Canin.......thank god my lot don't eat it, I wouldn't want to be supporting them at all.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a charity quiz to help rescue Bears from Romania and the plight they have there, so to read this has just mad me so mad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2380315/Food-giant-Mars-bear-baiting-event-Ukraine-sponsored-pet-food-subsidiary.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Royal Canin and Bear Baiting Empty Re: Royal Canin and Bear Baiting

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:25 pm

No  I am speechless and horrified, our poor Penny was on Royal Canin renal food briefly as well as another brand, but I am horrified. What an extraordinary thing and so shocking.

The photos are appalling and so I didn't watch the clip in case it was worse Sad  people are completely sick, perhaps they should be baited and see how they like it Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Lai I didn't watch the clip either, it was bad enough reading the article. Penny needed her renal diet Lai so I wouldn't stress about that and I am sure many have fed their animals Royal Canin, it's popular amongst cat breeders and many will continue to feed their pets RC and I am sure the majority of vets will continue to recommend it. I am just pleased mine are on Hills Z/d but if it had been RC I would have looked for an alternative which I know there is one , Pets at Home own brand which is nearly 100% equivalent.

It is shocking that the Bear Baiting goes on when they are supposed to be a protected species. It just goes to show that some have zero respect for animals and their feelings and I agree, maybe they should be baited as well to see how it feels Mad 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 am

Happily Penny was mostly on Hills renal and only latterly changed to Royal Canin so I don't feel quite so bad Crying or Very sad I guess vets know no more than we do as to what actually happens out there sometimes. It's hard to believe it can be called sport, but then I would say the same about badger baiting and bull fighting and all those other disgusting activities that go on in the name of entertaiment.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 
Thats terrible, hopefully RC have now put a stop to this, supporting a senseless cruel so called sport Mad . Our Poppy is on RC Urinary and has been for quite a few years now to stop crystals building up which give her pain, and make her incontinent. RC was prescibed by the Vet, and she's been fine on it, although now she can only eat the wet sort not the dried, and dried food brings back the problem again. As she's doing so well on it I dont think it would be fair on her to change it, although if it was a general food I certainly would out of disgut at RC not doing their research into who they are supporting
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum