Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China again!!!

4 posters

Go down

China again!!! Empty China again!!!

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm

This has got me rattled. Yes in the wild we know a mother teaches her Tiger cubs to hunt, that is the norm and I accept that even though I dislike the thought of any animal being killed by another.Well good old China never fails to let me down. Remember these Tiger cubs are in a zoo so they will not have to hunt for their food, it will be chucked in as lumps of meat, so why the hell do they have to put in a white rabbit for them to see if they have hunting skills. We all know that there is no way China are planning to release these cubs into the wild, there was no mention of this in the article and to be honest we know China too well, these Tigers will be used to earn a buck for the zoo. I think was done as an attraction and for gods sake this was a white rabbit so more like a pet rabbit, not a wild rabbit, not that to me that would have made a difference. It's quite sick. Thankfully the cubs didn't really know what to do apart from kind of play with it but it did get its ear bitten but the rabbit had the upper hand in eluding them most of the time which I am so pleased about. The mother Tiger was looking on from a different pen and I only hope to god they didn't then put the rabbit in with her.
What is actually quite disturbing is that the reporter of this article calls it " A charming scene" prey tell me what is charming about that!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2417494/Zoo-China-tests-tigers-reflexes-throwing-live-rabbit.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

China again!!! Empty Re: China again!!!

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

The depths China sinks to never fails to amaze, not only did they put it in with the Tiger Cus, but also Leopard Cubs as well. The only way big cat cubs learn hunting skills is watching the mothers hunting, so this was a fruitless exercise in the first place which they should know as keepers of these animals. As you say LW, put on just as a crowd puller, and they aught to put that reporter in with the Mother Tiger for that stupid comment

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:13 am

Totally sick and I don't think I can put on here how I feel about the Chinese it would be Censored 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I was going to post I don't believe this but when it comes to the bl**dy Chinese I actually do believe it Mad   The things they do to/with animals in that country is just vile.

There was a very similar incident to this a few years ago where they fed a live cow to their tigers Sad   I know the animals in the zoo have to eat but doing it like that is just disgusting. Those watching and taking photos are just as bad as the keepers who encourage it.

I googled the above and that's not the only report of 'live feeding' at their zoos No 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Doogs I remember the incident with the cow, it was also posted on here at the time. There is no reason for things like this to happen, as I said yesterday there is obviously no reason for them to have done this, the Tigers are not going to be released back into the wild, it is done to gain further attraction to the zoo but as you rightly say, the people who take the photos and go to see such stunts are sick and so are the keepers and owners of the zoo, they should never be left in charge of animals. The whole debacle is just a stunt at the rabbits expense. I am not at all surprised that there are further incidents such as the rabbit and cow one and these incidents can not be put down to uneducated people as that is not the case, they are just sick, inhumane, unmoralistic, barbaric, pathetic people and I can't be bothered to keep holding back about how I feel about them but that is just the tame expression of what and how I feel about them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down