Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horses being dumped

3 posters

Go down

Horses being dumped Empty Horses being dumped

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 am

This is incredibly sad but strikes a chord with me as only this week we had two ponies dumped together in our little ring. None of the horse owners round here claimed ownership of them and the police eventually came and took them away. fortunately they looked in good health but a vet inspection may have been different. Why on earth are they now selling ponies for a fiver, that's ludicrous, of course selling them for a fiver would kin of imply they are not that expensive to keep. It's just madness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550115/Tied-bag-dumped-Pitiful-plight-ponies-bought-5-pets.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Horses being dumped Empty Re: Horses being dumped

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 am

Tragic and all too common, horses and ponies are not cheap to keep and look after and I am deeply shocked that people can be so callous as to just walk away and leave them tied up wherever.

What on earth is happening to society?

I hope your 2 local ponies are okay now Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 am

This sort of thing has been really bad in Wales for sometime, with up to 20 to 30 mhorses being abandoned at a time. Also some of the people who own these Horses just take them out, and leave them to fly graze to save feeding, and looking after them. There have been numerous prosicutions, by the Councils, and RSPCA. The problem is now that nearly all the Horse sanctuarys, and care site are full to overflowing

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 pm

It really is a sad state of affairs isn't it, no animal is safe these days and man has a lot to answer too. It said in the article about Wales WS but the problem is a growing one and I certainly didn't expect to see two ponies here on Thursday evening when I got in from work. I am sure they are ok now and have been found a home in one of our local sanctuary's.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum