Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Bantam Chicks

4 posters

Go down

Baby Bantam Chicks Empty Baby Bantam Chicks

Post  littlewid Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 pm

On Saturday I went to see my mums neighbours little Bantam chicks. They were born 4 days after Easter Sunday, so almost Easter Chicks. They are so lovely and they just love being held and fussed over.
Steve has raised them from eggs in an incubator. He has kept Chickens and Bantams before but sadly a fox found a way in and killed off his brood, hence not having a broody hen to incubate the eggs. Obviously where the fox managed to find a way in has now been sorted and is fox proof. These little ones are still indoors and use their heat lamp as it has been far to windy of late to let them out with no mum to snuggle under but if this weather stays good they will be out and about in the garden during the day and doing everything that little Bantam chicks do.
Steve took the videos and the first one is of four white yokohama Bantams and three BTW Japanese. The second video is of two black tailed Thuringians and three black tailed Japanese. These have now been separated as the Thuringians kept pecking at the toes of the other ones. This is not a vicious attack they just mistake them for worms, the Thuringians are actually sweet Bantams and do live happily with the others and with these breeds you can have more than one cockerel and they do not fight. I can't wait for them to be running free in the garden.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Baby Bantam Chicks Empty Re: Baby Bantam Chicks

Post  Laikipia Fri May 16, 2014 9:54 am

http://i70.servimg.c  Thanks for sharing those clips Littlewid and for telling us all about them. They really are totally adorable and I'm so pleased they'll stay safe in a fox proofed area. It will be lovely for them to be out and about once the weather is ok for them and I bet you'll get some great clips (hint hint)  Laughing 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks for the story and videos LW, they are gorgeous little things  I love you 

How fab they have heat lamps and are safe from any  Fox 

Looking forward to the pictures/video of them running about the garden  cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun May 18, 2014 6:46 pm

http://i73.servimg.c Lovely to see the little chicks LW, so sad Mum was killed, but great that they are going to have a Fox proof area, and will hopefully be safe. Wonderful how they will live together happily, and the cockerels all get on. Please thank Steve for the Videos, and thanks to you LW, for passing them, and the story on to us

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm glad you all liked seeing the little chicks, they really are adorable aren't they and I will be sure to get some pictures and videos of when they are out in the garden and post them up.
I will thank Ray for the videos.......silly me said Steve but it was Ray who took the videos. He is so passionate about them so he will be chuffed that you all liked them. I have a sneaky feeling that as this weekend has been so hot, they may have been out in the garden this weekend enjoying the sunshine and the freedom, I will have to try and find out in the week and then if it continues to be nice I will be round there with my camera and video.......now I know how to video properly  Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down