Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endal - The Book

2 posters

Go down

Endal - The Book Empty Endal - The Book

Post  littlewid Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Endal - The Book 220px-10 Endal is a Labrador retriever, he is an assistance dog that was trained by Canine Partners for Independence. Endal first came to fame when he was spotted by a newspaper reporter, Endal was getting money from a cashpoint machine for his dasabled owner Allen parton. Endal and Allen subseuently shot to fame and used Endals fame to raise money and awareness for Canine Partners for Independence. Their story is a touching one and definiately one I can recommend. Here is the write up for the Book, Endal.

Allen parton suffered a serious head injury while serving in the Gulf war and returned home unable to walk,talk or even remember most of his life. He couldn't even remember his wife, sandra, and their two children. After five years of rehabilitation, he was still severely disabled.
Sandra was a nurse so thought she would be able to help her husband, but the Allen who had returned didn't remember her, and couldn't cope with what life had dealt him. Determined to be strong, Sandra would have to fight to keep her family together.
Endal was a labrador puppy with problems of his own until he "adopted" Allen & Sandra. He was to change their world, and give them back their family

The book is published by Harper True for Harper Collins, I paid £6.99 for it but it may now be cheaper.

To read more about Endal and Allen take a look at this link and if you buy the book, you won't be disappointed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endal

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Endal - The Book Empty Re: Endal - The Book

Post  Laikipia Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks for the link Littlewid - i have to confess just reading it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful partnership and a truly gorgeous dog.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down