Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badger Cull Squashed

+2
Laikipia
whitestarling
6 posters

Go down

Badger Cull Squashed Empty Badger Cull Squashed

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

The Bader cull of 1,500 Badgers in Pembroke Wales has been quashed by the Court of Appeal
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Badger Cull Squashed Empty Re: Badger Cull Squashed

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am

Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480

Today is a wonderful day for good news - this is truly fantastic and one i feel really strongly about. Thanks WS i am grinning from ear to ear now.

Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the badgers lol! lol! lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 pm

What fantastic news Very Happy Badger Cull Squashed 768480 Badger Cull Squashed 768480
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Badger Cull Squashed 768480 bounce cheers bounce Badger Cull Squashed 768480 bounce cheers bounce Badger Cull Squashed 768480 That just tops the excitment today WS, I am so pleased and happy about that news, I too am grinning from ear to ear Very Happy

ONE FOR THE BADGERS Badger Cull Squashed 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Badgers are not the source of bovine tb,they are just unfortunate that they can carry the disease.
My understanding is that on the continent,the farmers innoculate their herds,it's just the tight british farmers that won't.
A victory for common sense.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Badger Cull Squashed Empty Badger survey work may need repeating

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 am

Extracted from Farmers Weekly Interactive
Debbie James

Months of badger sett survey work in Wales' proposed cull zone will have to be repeated if the Welsh Assembly Government presses ahead with plans for a fresh TB eradication order.

Speaking at the Royal Welsh Show, Wales' chief vet, Christianne Glossop, admitted that the time spent preparing for the cull could have been in vain.

"Badger populations don't remain static so if we can move ahead with this, new badger setts will have been created," said Dr Glossop.

Also speaking at the show, Wales' rural affairs minister, Elin Jones, urged farmers not to be disheartened after the appeal court halted the planned cull of around 2000 badgers in the Intensive Action Pilot Area.

"My message to myself and to farmers is not be a disheartened and not to give up," she said. "I am certainly not giving up as a minister in my mission to eradicate TB."

An announcement could be made as early as next week on the assembly government's next move.

The minister said she was continuing to study the content of the High Court judgment before making a statement on her next step.

"I don't want to be accused of a knee-jerk reaction to that judgment. The timing is not great, I would have loved to have come to the Royal Welsh Show and announced our next steps on TB eradication," she said.

Ms Jones said she remained determined to eradicate TB in Wales but admitted that it would not happen in the short term. "I have always known that there would be hurdles along the way and we hit a pretty big one last week," she said.

For the first time, all cattle being exhibited at the Royal Welsh Show had to be tested for TB before they could enter the showground.
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum