Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary

+2
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary Empty Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary

Post  Safari Maiden Wed May 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I have followed this for a while. It has some good tales of the animals of the Mala Mala with some wonderful pictures to accompany the entries. Worth a read.

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary

SM

Last edited by Safari Maiden on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary Empty Re: Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary

Post  whitestarling Thu May 06, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks SM Thats a great find. it is really special to keep up with the news from Africa on the animals.
The more blogs, and update sites we get from there the better
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary Empty Re: Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary

Post  whitestarling Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 pm

There is a brilliant update from Mala Mala Game reserve on Leopards, and other Animals with Photos click on the Link above to see the update
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu May 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks for the nudge WS. I love the photos Mala Mala have on their Cyberdiary and the life of the animals.

Must go and read!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 pm

There are alot of updates from 30th May to 5 june about Cheetahs, Elelphants, Lions, and Rhinos Great read, and Pics
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 am

Updates 25th June

Two Eyrefield lionesses with their cubs relaxing – 25 June 2010

These two lionesses seem to be moving their cubs up and down the river on a more regular basis. For the past two weeks they’ve been around the Wildebeest Crossing area. Early one morning their tracks were found heading south on the western bank around Wildebeest Crossing. They went past the airstrip and all the way to West Street Bridge, which is a far way for such young cubs to walk. When rangers found them they were in the river walking south, and after a while came to rest in a shady spot under some thickets. The cubs seemed playful even after walking such a long distance, and provided outstanding viewing for everyone. Once it got very hot all five lions relaxed in the shade on the sand bank.

Kikilezi female leopard and cubs out on patrol – 25 June 2010

Late in the evening the Kikilezi female was found on patrol with her two cubs in tow. Sadly there is still no sign of the third cub, which has been missing for almost three weeks now. Mom was walking and scenting while her cubs followed. They are now old enough to keep up with her, and are able to run for cover should the need arise. Rangers found the mother and cubs walking south around the loop in New Firebreak, which is the middle of her territory. Either she was heading south after her visit to West Street earlier in the week, or she just recognized the fact that she needs to pay attention to the southern part of her territory now that her cubs are older. If she doesn’t chances are good that her younger sister will take it. We will have to wait and see what happens.
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 am

Updates 26th June:

Two Eyrefield lionesses and the Bicycle Crossing male leopard meet again. – 26 July 2010

The Bicycle Crossing male seems to be making a habit of running into the two Eyrefield lionesses this week. He first came across them after they killed the baboon earlier in the week, and then they stole his bushbuck kill. Finally he met up with them again early one morning, as he scented and patrolled his territory on his way south to the Buffalo Pans. They seem to be hunting and moving during the day rather than at night, presumably so they can spend time with their young cubs. As soon as the lionesses saw him they gave chase and sent him running into the bush and down towards the Sand River. They gave up once he disappeared down a steep bank towards the river. This dominant male was later found on the western bank of the Sand River moving quickly north. Every so often he looked back over his shoulder in the direction of the lionesses on the opposite bank.

Missing Kikilezi female leopard cub lost and alone – 26 July 2010

A young male leopard cub was found mid morning on some rock around the lower reaches of the Manyelethi River. He was not very relaxed, and there was also no sign of any other cubs or a mother in the area. Once they returned to camp and had a look at some photos, rangers realized that it was the Kikilezi female’s male cub that’s been missing for almost three weeks. His mother and siblings had been seen the night before about 3km away from the area where he was found. Due to the fact that he has not been seen with his mother and siblings for the last few weeks, it must be assumed that he is lost. Hopefully he will not encounter any other predators or trouble. And perhaps by some slim chance he may even manage to get back to his mother and siblings. Unfortunately, with so much time having already elapsed things don’t look good for this young cub. That said, the Kikilezi female is a good mother and she will not give up looking for him.

Mala Mala Game Reserve - Cyberdiary 28_06e10
Elephant Bull - by Ant Mulligan
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks for posting the updates SM - this is one i always forget to check!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks for posting that SM, I need to remember this one too.

I am hoping, probably against hope that the cub is reunited with his mum, I know its been a while now but no harm in hoping and praying that it does happen, he's too young to survive on his own.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Another MalaMala Great update is available now, in the meantime here is some Video Footage from guests at MalaMala

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Wow - how amazing, what a great thing to see, and weren't they just so tiny and cute?

Thanks for posting SM I hope we'll get lots of updates on how they are doing.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Must admit Lai, I can not remember every seeing a lion give birth. At one point (like the cameraman) I thought she was going to roll on them.

It is lovely to see, they are soooo tiny.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 pm

I agree - they are so tiny she could have easily flattened them affraid

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Oh my goodness what a wonderful bit of film I love you I too have never seen anything like that before, amazing to watch and the little ones were just incredibly gorgeous I love you I love you

Yes I too must admit to having a affraid moment hoping she wasn't going to squish the little ones No

Brilliant cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 am

I saw this on Facebook, but!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

(How did this get here, off to post it where I did post it)

Last edited by Anne-Marie1981 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm

That was fantastic to see SM thanks Just watched it with Mrs S, and she thought it was brilliant. They are so small are'nt they.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Ok I'm confused but the comment I posted in here, I posted on the Jackson thread! Now I'm very confused a feel very silly Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed but I def did post it in the Jackson thread!! scratch scratch

Anyway, this is a wonderful video and I'm glad I accidentally posted in it as I had missed Sm sharing it with us!! Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:21 pm

alien alien alien again Anne-Marie

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm

scratch scratch scratch scratch What say that again AM
WS lol!
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Don't worry Anne-Marie, I understood you Very Happy hope that doesn't mean your becoming as nutty as me lol!

I have really been missing this one, there is so much I have missed on here, I need a good catch up with this one tomorrow evening bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Mala Mala have moved their cyberdiary and its in a lovely new format. You can also see a sightings map of all the animals they are talking about, on a weekly basis. Have a look!

Here is the link for last weeks entry:

http://blog.malamala.com/index.php/2010/10/cyberdiary-10-october-2010/

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next