Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help!

5 posters

Go down

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! Empty *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help!

Post  Safari Maiden Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 pm

The Star Medical Clinic at BLES

Since BLES was established in 2007, the dire need for a vetinariany clinic has been paramount.

Located in northern Thailand, there are only two elephant hospitals currently providing care for sick or injured elephants. Both these hospitals are, at a minimum, a six hour drive from BLES when transporting an elephant.

Despite the excellent treatment elephants receive at these facilities, local elephant owners feel unsupported and helpless if their elephant gets sick. Although elephant veterinarians make on site visits, their services are in great demand which often exceeds their availability. Owners wait for days before a veterinarian is available. Additionally, follow-up treatment is complicated by the scarcity of the doctor.

Often, the elephant is required to be transported to the hospital which is an expensive and dangerous effort for those involved. Trucks are unsafe, completely inadequate and can be hard to source. In recognition of this need, BLES proposes to establish a satellite and triage clinic to support the existing elephant hospitals. By providing diagnostic services, preliminary examinations and maintenance care, the Star Clinic will help to determine and prioritize treatment and transport.

Minor cases will be treated locally at the Star Clinic while serious cases requiring surgical and long-term treatment will be recommended to the hospitals. Local volunteers, veterinary students and a resident veterinarian who will work in concert with the hospital veterinarians will staff the Star Clinic.

The Star Clinic is named in recognition of BLES’s first born elephant who tragically died at the age of two and half years old during a thunderstorm in May 2010. Star exemplified our goals for all elephants with her cheeky sense of self who rejoiced in living a safe and protected life.

BLES is appealing to new and existing supporters for your help in establishing the funds to begin our work. We have the site secured but we need to raise xxx BHT for the construction of the entire facility. This includes labor and materials, medical equipment, site preparation, parking lots, and an endowment to maintain the facility. Naming opportunities such as a permanent “wall” of honor and memory designations will be announced in the future. This initiative is critical to the welfare of the elephants and animals of Thailand. We need your support – every animal has the right to be a star. Please help us by donating an amount of any size.

Estimated costs are in the region of £90,000.00.

The fundraising has started: Marleen Vanestra organised a Benefit Concert on 2nd April raising over 600 Euro and Anneke Van Cleef is cycling through Thailand in aid of the New Clinic in April 2012.

Donate directly to BLES here: http://www.blesele.org/

or

You can sponsor Anneke - Biking for BLES by going to her Justgiving page here: http://www.justgiving.com/BIKING-FOR-BLES

Last edited by Safari Maiden on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! Empty Re: *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help!

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks for the link and info SM - at the moment i am in shock about ERC so will consider this for a future donation.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! Empty Re: *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help!

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm

I dont blame you Lai, that was quite a disaster with the ERC and always being cautious is the right thing to do.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Anneke is doing a great thing to help raise funds toward the Star Medical Clinic at BLES. In 2012 she will be taking 9 months to cycle Thailand.

As a warm up in August 2011 she will be cycling 100K in Belgium. She has a justgiving page which will go straight to BLES as they are a registered charity and registered on Justgiving which this is linked to:

http://www.justgiving.com/BIKING-FOR-BLES

I know because I could not do this that I think she is mad. But then she is fit and healthy and has a case iron will to succeed. I wish that for her and will be keeping an eye on progress. I sincerely wish her good luck.

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! Empty BLES Party Invitation

Post  Safari Maiden Tue May 17, 2011 10:34 am

From BLES:

Join BLES and their Supporters for a night of fun at Repton Park, Chigwell, 2nd July 2011.
Tickets are just 15 GBP! Order your tickets by contacting evelyn@blesele.org
Thanks for your support xx

Im going, but dont let that put any of you off I love you . It is going to be a great night!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am

Sounds fun SM - sadly we won't be there.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat May 21, 2011 11:07 am

The BLES Party Warm Up:

Last edited by Safari Maiden on Wed May 25, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 21, 2011 10:35 pm

SM you know if I could i would.....but i had to ask where Chigwell was lol! I also have a little mans birthday that day.....Kian will be 5 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 408422

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 am

Just looked on FB page - it looks wonderful SM. Sadly we can't get there but hope all goes well and you have a fantastic time.

Lai elephant
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun May 22, 2011 1:17 pm

It's no problem guys, I was just showing off my first ever video editing attempt.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 pm

That was brilliant SM *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480 Where is Chigwell anyway LW *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 45922 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 40683 . Sadly working so cant go anyway
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Just caught up with the video SM. It's absolutely BRILLIANT and ..........

I WANNA GO TO THE PARTY

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 853843 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 853843 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 853843 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 am

Well the BLES party was at the weekend. It was amazing!!!

Assisi Fundraising helped by hosting the raffle which raised ................................. (drum roll) .........£2,810.00.

The party overall raised a wopping £ 6,850.00.!!!!!!

Thank you everybody that attended or bought a raffle ticket!!!!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 pm

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898

That's fantastic news SM - well done all of you who helped.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Absolutely brilliant SM, well done *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418

Hope you and TT had a great night *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Well done SM, you really are a star. I know it was run under Assisi Fundraising but you did all the hard work and you have done amazing.

I am so pleased so much money was raised for such a worthy cause, the Ele's are going to be so ver happy.

Look forward to hearing all the news and seeing the pics if you managed to get any.

Well done my friend Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 pm

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480 That really is a fantastic result SM *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480 Well done, that must have taken a really lot of hard work, but I know you think it's worth it. All the Elephant behind Elephant behind Will think your a super Like a Star @ heaven

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am

UPDATE: The total for the night has risen to £7151. Thats almost 10% of what is needed to build the Star Medical Clinic in just one event. Just brilliant!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:30 am

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480 Really fantastic news SM - well done. I know it must have been a huge amount of work for you but with a result like that it must feel that it was so worth it. You are really brilliant SM.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 pm

WOW WOW WOW That is simply amazing SM. Just goes to show what can be done........with a little help from SM *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 768480 I really am chuffed to bits *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:08 pm

*The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 305898
SM
Fantastic result *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418 *The Star Medical Clinic at BLES* - Can you help! 71418
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down