Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masai Mara - September 2011

4 posters

Go down

Masai Mara - September 2011 Empty Masai Mara - September 2011

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:04 pm

With a few of us going to the Mara in September I thought it would be good to do a kinda family tree with who we could expect/are likely to/might see when we go over there Masai Mara - September 2011 853843 Actually doing this brings a wee bit of sadness for me as it’s now you realise just how little of the well known Big Cat Diary members there are left Crying or Very sad BBC please go and film more episodes so some of the new cats can be named / become more familiar - why don't they, I dont get it Sad Mad (both sad and mad about that !)

I thought we do it by each individual species of cat which will help to identify them. I'm hoping that by the time we've finished the 3 of us who are lucky enough to be going can take the lists with us so we know who we're looking for.

I’ll start with what I’ve got and then if you want to add please copy and paste with your additions so at the end we’ll end up with one big list. Infact I think I’ll do a thread for each cat, might make things a bit easier for copying/cutting/pasting. The cheetah and leopards should be straight forward but the lions could get complicated due to prides / individuals but we’ll give it a bash.

Obviously if there’s anything I’ve got wrong please go ahead and change it as we want the list to be as accurate as possible. I get confused with some cats that have two names but are actually the same cat !

Doogs OK
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Masai Mara - September 2011 Empty Re: Masai Mara - September 2011

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I've started the Cheetah & Leopard threads but for some reason I can't bold, underline, change the font, add in emoticons anymore on the Forum so I'll try doing the Lions from my laptop when I get home.

I've done a list, just need to copy and paste it in keeping the same format as the other two threads

Doogs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

WOW Brilliant idea Doogs - I'll give some thought to the list. Off the top of my head there is Zawadi/Shadow who has been sighted this year, and also Ayah (daughter of Olive).

Off to think - Masai Mara - September 2011 45922

I'm going to enjoy this thread Doogs Masai Mara - September 2011 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 pm

I've just taken a look at your lists Doogs and it's a brilliant idea, even for us who are not going it's wonderful to have the info but as you say, sad that a lot of our much loved cats are no longer around.

I too wish there was another series of BCD so we could get to know some new cats and their names.

Thanks for starting these threads Doogs.

I can think of Chui ( think you had him) and then theres Chezza and Sala the two little lion cubs....I so fell in love with those two and Tiga was originally called Chezza before his original owners re-named him.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Glad you guys think this might be a worthwhile exercise Thanks

LW - I didn't include Chui as he hasn't been seen in the Mara for a long time, I'm looking for the cats that we are likely to see / might see not those we won't see.

There was a few of the Leopards I wasn't sure scratch whether to put in because again they haven't been seen or certainly we haven't heard anyone talking about them for a while i.e. Big Boy, Golden Balls, Binti & Kali.

If possible, once we've made our lists I'm going to see about getting a list of the distinguishing marks for the leopards & cheetah which will help us on safari. I remember taking pictures of Chezza & Sala with me in 2009 to try & idenitify them Razz Laughing
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:08 pm

OOps, sorry Doogs, forgot it was cats you might see on your safari Embarassed Sorry

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Not a problem LW Wink You were obviously getting far too excited and carried away with yourself thinking of all those cats you've seen previously on BCD - you just had to say their names !!! lol!

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm

You got me there Doogs Masai Mara - September 2011 40683 .....I should pay attention and calm down Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 pm

What a great idea Doogs Masai Mara - September 2011 768480 busy working over the weekend, but I'll check them out in the week to see if I can add any names.
Quite agree over BCD I dont get it either
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Anyone think of more lions lion cub leopard leopard in Tree or cheetah Cheetah that can go on our lists to take to the Mara in Sept ?

Thanks cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Could only think of the two I mentioned earlier Zawadi/Shadow and Ayah Doogs.

Mind you, I do find the lions more than confusing with their changing pride or pride being taken over scratch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum