Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted

5 posters

Go down

Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted  Empty Re: Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I have read the article but can't watch the video clip. What is the point of DEFRA and the RSPCA if those guilty aren't prosecuted or better still the abattoirs closed down.

I don't get it at all, people are just so sick.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted  Empty Re: Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm

I completely agree Lai what a pathetic answer, that because it was filmed without agreement that they could film on site was'nt given, that they ca'nt be prosecuted. You could imagine the answer Please can we film the animal cruelty at your premises. The Law is an ASS. People power worked in Ann the Elephants case, I hope it works in this one. If the public could find out who they supply, and boycott them, they would be out of business, and that would send a signal to the rest of the industry
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I too have read the story but can't bring myself to watch the clip No Crying or Very sad

What an appaulling story. I'm not a vegetarian but it is stories like this that make me think I could be. Can't understand either why nothing is being done about their horrendous cruelty Mad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 pm

From Sky News Blogs
Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted  We38Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted  We126Revealed: Shocking cruelty at massive abattoir... but those responsible WON'T be prosecuted  We218

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad pale

Unless you put cameras in when these people don't know they are there how are you going to catch the footage ? What do prosecutors want people to do, let the Abattoir say to it's staff "oh we think some of you workers are abusing the animals so we're going to put some cameras up to catch you in the act, OK ?"

Crazy Mad

Last edited by Doogs on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Damned ridiculous that nothing can be done to prosecute these people. Whilst reading the article my mind was already ahead of the article thinking if this is how they treat them before slaughter I bet they don't even slaughter them properly, I was sickend to realise I was right.
I am not sure that DEFRA and the RSPCA are at fault but our legal system for saying that hidden footage cannot be used. However, you are right WS, secret footage was used in Annes case.

If they feel that hidden footage cannot be used in these cases then I believe the answer is that all slaughter houses should legally have cameras installed that have to be running at all times and cover all areas of the slaughter house.....no hidden corners for abuse.

To me, the mentality is, the animals are for slaughter so they don't matter. When in fact, they are living, breathing, feeling creatures who are unwillingly or unwitingly giving up their lives and therefore should be treated with respect and care.

I could say so much more. I will say if Animal Aid wish to petition this I will willingly support them. Apart from that, thank god I have been a vegetarian for the last 40 years.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down