Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few pictures of my dogs

+2
Laikipia
markymarc1979
6 posters

Go down

Few pictures of my dogs Empty Few pictures of my dogs

Post  markymarc1979 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:24 am

Here's a few shots of my dogs from over the years. the first one is Rosie who sadly died in 1993, second one is Sophie who also sadly died in 2007 and last up is mad Holly who is 4 years old there is also a puppy picture of her, as you can see they are all Airedale's but they were very much individuals.

Few pictures of my dogs Img127

Few pictures of my dogs Img129

Few pictures of my dogs DSC01254

Few pictures of my dogs L1000785_edited-1

Last edited by markymarc1979 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Few pictures of my dogs Empty Re: Few pictures of my dogs

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

I love you What gorgeous looking dogs they all are Marc. I don't know much about Airedales but they look like little woolly rugs and very appealing Very Happy especially Holly as a puppy.

Thanks for sharing Marc.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Great photos Marc, thanks for letting us see your dogs cheers

Holly is gorgeous, very cute face and what a very cute ball of fluff when she was little I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the reply guys, it’s a shame they could never have meet as they all have/had such great personalities.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

They look great Dogs Marc, and great photos to. It's funny is'nt it how Dogs can all be from the same breed, but they all have their own personalities. Thanks for sharing your Dogs, and Photos Marc
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Aren't they just adorable Marc, Holly is so cute but i love the picture of Rosie with her tongue popping out Very Happy They all look lovely dogs, they have pretty faces don't they. Do you have to keep them clipped to stop them getting really woolley?
Thanks for sharing their photo's with us and whats the main personality trait of an Airedale? I don't know much about them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

littlewid wrote:Aren't they just adorable Marc, Holly is so cute but i love the picture of Rosie with her tongue popping out Very Happy They all look lovely dogs, they have pretty faces don't they. Do you have to keep them clipped to stop them getting really woolley?
Thanks for sharing their photo's with us and whats the main personality trait of an Airedale? I don't know much about them.

littlewid-x-

Thanks yeah there coats can be hard work, Holly gets a weekly brush, but those who show Airedales have to tend to the coats daily. As the weather gets colder i let the coat stay a little longer, although i think they don't really feel the cold like we do.

Airedale's were originally breed from Otter hounds and Welsh terriers as hunting dogs. They were used quite extensively in the army as courier dogs as well.

They have a lovely temperament, they are fiercely loyal dogs, and great with children.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Sorry Marc, just catching up with this one now.

They all look like real characters! The pup photo is so cute.

I have two cats, one who thinks he is a dog and will even fetch sticks. sleeping cats

I didnt realise Airedales were a cross of otter hound and welsh terrier. I love this forum you learn so much!

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Believe it or not this is the same dog (Rosie) as is in the top picture, just before a haircut. Out of all the Airedale"s I have seen she was the closest to an Otterhound.

Few pictures of my dogs Rosie

One of these little one's is Holly, not sure which.

Few pictures of my dogs DSC00252

Few pictures of my dogs Puppiesweek3
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks for that Marc, I too never realised they were a cross with Otter hounds and welsh terriers although they do look as though their coats are terrier. I also never realised they were Army dogs, amazing what you can learn.
Rosie looks so different and is she the most like an Otter Hound because she seems longer than the others and I love the picture of her before a hair cut.
The little pups don't look like Airedales do they, there's almost a look of a Rottie about them there, it's probably because they are black and tan, such cute photo's though. Did you breed them or are they someones elses?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Great photos, and WOW that coat. I did'nt know there was a Welsh Terrier cross in them either, also a bit of coincedence here Marc I was born in Essex, and now I live in Wales
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

I can see why they need a haircut occasionally Marc - lovely photo of Rosie and the puppies (Holly).

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 am

littlewid wrote:Thanks for that Marc, I too never realised they were a cross with Otter hounds and welsh terriers although they do look as though their coats are terrier. I also never realised they were Army dogs, amazing what you can learn.
Rosie looks so different and is she the most like an Otter Hound because she seems longer than the others and I love the picture of her before a hair cut.
The little pups don't look like Airedales do they, there's almost a look of a Rottie about them there, it's probably because they are black and tan, such cute photo's though. Did you breed them or are they someones elses?

littlewid-x-

Yeah I did some research into them after I moved out from my parents and got Holly. My parents are waiting on a litter of Otter hounds to be born as they find it to quite without a dog in the house. A lot of people think they are puppy rottie's as they really do look like them, I was trying to find out why or how there coats change from predominately black to tan but no luck so far.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 am

whitestarling wrote: Great photos, and WOW that coat. I did'nt know there was a Welsh Terrier cross in them either, also a bit of coincedence here Marc I was born in Essex, and now I live in Wales
WS

Haha the great people republic of Essex, I wasn't born here I was born in Sweden (Swedish mother), but Essex has been my home for 15 years now.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am

Few pictures of my dogs 40683 Nice one Marc. I dont remember much about Essex. I think I was about 4 when we left just after the war ( The second one, before LW starts saying was it the first or bore war ). I know I was born in Barkingside Ilford, we moved back to Nantwich in Cheshire, my parents home Town
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Few pictures of my dogs 40683 WS - glad you got in there first, I might have beaten Littlewid to it with 'which war'?

Lai Pai lol!
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 pm

lol! just as well you clarified that WS, as you can see the wolves were waiting to pounce if you hadn't !!! Shocked

The puppies are adorable Marc :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 am

Must admit I was thinking which war before you clarified that in your post. lol!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

markymarc1979 wrote:
littlewid wrote:Thanks for that Marc, I too never realised they were a cross with Otter hounds and welsh terriers although they do look as though their coats are terrier. I also never realised they were Army dogs, amazing what you can learn.

littlewid-x-

Yeah I did some research into them after I moved out from my parents and got Holly. My parents are waiting on a litter of Otter hounds to be born as they find it to quite without a dog in the house. A lot of people think they are puppy rottie's as they really do look like them, I was trying to find out why or how there coats change from predominately black to tan but no luck so far.

Any luck yet on finding out about their coats yet marc? also have the litter of puppies arrived yet? if so how many and any pics of them?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Oooh yes Marc what about the litter of puppies??

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down