Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Movies

+3
whitestarling
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Go down

Sad Movies Empty Sad Movies

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 pm

So my bf thinks that I am a bit of a soppy person who cries at any movies. I think I am just a normal person and not too soppy so what films make you have a little cry

The main ones for me are

Railway Children (mostly the bit at the end when she sees her daddy on the platform)
Disney The Fox and the Hound
Disney Bambi
Watership Down
Kes
Sophie's Choice
Born Free
Journey of Natty Gann
Casablanca
An Affair to Remember
Homeward Bound
Lassie

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Sad Movies Empty Re: Sad Movies

Post  Doogs Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh my goodness, don't get me started - I cry at the slightest thing so films are a right good excuse for a bubble for me !!!

There's quite a few on your list PPH that I've had a good Sad to Laughing , a few more for me would be :-

Eight Below Zero
Marley and Me
ET
War Horse
Hachi
Lion King
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

and there's many many more PPH Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 pm

oops forgot ET on my list

I would love to see Marley and Me and War Horse but I am avoiding them as I know I will be crying my eyes out
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Cant remember any films, must be my age Sad Movies 40683 but anything thats sad, kind, loving or emotional, and I do'nt mind saying it
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 pm

OK, full disclosure, if you didn't cry when you saw Old Yeller you are far harder of heart than I am! Have to agree with alot of the others listed. I'm with WS, i'm not ashamed to admit it though I usually stop at the lump in my throat and a little water welling in the eyes as opposed to a full on cry. The Last Lions is also one I would put on the list. A very powerful movie.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 am

I cry at absolutely anything! I have never even watched Bambi because my mum wouldn't watch it when I was little because she would cry!!

Lion King I sob at (and could now) and well Marley and Me, you've never seen anyone in such a state as I was when I walked out of the cinema!

You'll all cry at African Cats, I sobbed like a baby on the plane and had to hide under my blanket, although I think I was also extremely upset at leaving Kenya!

I got 5 minutes into the Last Lions before I turned it off! I'm almost ready to continue!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Virtually everything - not sure why I've become such an emotional rollercoaster but I know I can't go and see War Horse as I will embarass the whole cinema! Couldn't see Marley and me for the same reason Embarassed

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Sounds like we're a right bunch of softies on here I love you

I've got The Last Lions on our planner and intend to watch it tomorrow night - sounds like I'd better look out the hankies !

AM - I cried at the trailer for African Cats so goodness knows what I'm going to be like watch the whole film !!! What you did on the plane watching it I did exactly the same on the way to New York whilst watching Hachi !!! Laughing

As sad as it was I loved Marley and Me 'cause it was so well done. I don't think there was a dry eye in the cinema when I went into see it Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:42 pm

There are some films on there I haven't seen but lots I have and the tears have flowed like rivers. Ronnie I cried when I read the book Old Yeller and also the film, I think it was the first animal story I ever read and my heart broke.
I do cry at everything and it doesn't have to be that sad, just something nice makes me cry.

Lai, War Horse is hard to watch but to be honest the book is far more emotional than the film as it really captures the bond between the two horses but the visual of the film also hits hard. I shouldn't worry about watching it in the cinema as when I went everyone was really blubbing, even the men.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Watched The Last Lions on Friday night - really enjoyed it, some wonderful shots of the lions (especially in the water) but OMG there was a couple of really, really sad bits Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum