Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Fox

3 posters

Go down

Mr Fox Empty Mr Fox

Post  littlewid Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

I was driving back from my friends this evening and coming along the dual carrigeway. This dual carriageway is lined with trees up the middle and both sides of the road are also thick with trees. I was coming along on the side that borders a park and just ahead of me I saw something that I knew wasn't a lump of newly mown grass. There lying on the bank was a fox giving his paws a good old wash. He was rather a large fox and was happy laying out there in the evening with the light still good at about 8.45.
I was a bit stunned with seeing him that I had gone past before I could stop, so I carried on up to the roundabout so I could turn round and go back to the other roundabout so I could come up to him again, my intention was to get a photo of him on my phone, well on my way back up again I didn't quite spot him where he had been, he was a little further up the bank but this time sitting up and just watching the cars go by, I cursed to myself as I had driven past again and a car was right behind me so I couldn't very well slam my brakes on, so up I go to the roundabout again, all the way down to the other roundabout and back up again, this time no cars were behind me so I crawled along, but the slippery fox had gone, I was so mad at myself for missing him twice.
He was really stunning, he was huge and had the most fantastic tail, he was so healthy looking and I would have loved to get a picture for you all to see, he was just so relaxed it was amazing.
Even though I was mad for missing the opportunity to get a photo, it has still made my evening to have seen such a wonderful, healthy fox.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mr Fox Empty Re: Mr Fox

Post  Laikipia Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am

How lovely to have seen him Littlewid - and although you didnt get the shot you have the memory which is just as special. I did laugh at you going up and down the road though!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Great spot LW and such a pity he had gone when you did your second circuit Laughing

Doogs Fox
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Mr Fox 40683 Mr Fox 40683 3 times in all I went up that road to try and get a picture Very Happy honestly though, I have never seen such a huge and healthy looking fox and his face was to die for, so handsome and he was so relaxed as well. It may be his patch so I will be keeping an eye out for him.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Good idea Littlewid, you'll have to drive up and down each night and have a look, camera in hand!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum