Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere

5 posters

Go down

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Empty Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 am

We visited WWT Martin Mere yesterday afternoon, sadly not allowing nearly enough time to see everything. They've 9 hides dotted around the place which we managed to visit and also otters and beavers which will have to wait until next time. It's a wonderful place and we had sunshine!

These little ducklings were so gorgeous and tiny.
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt10

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt110

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt210

They've a Duckling nursery and these beautiful ??? with a lovely white bottom (forgot to write down their name) are still in the nursery.
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt310

Canada Geese and Oyster Catchers.
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt410

Looking out from one of the hides.
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Wwt510

Looking forward to another visit and making a day of it Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Empty Re: Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

It looks an amazing place Lai. Lovely photos of the baby Ducklings, how great to see them. We get lots of Oyster Catchers down here on the coast, did you know they can have three different shape beeks, and can change them, depending on what type of ground they need to feed from. You'll have to make more time to exlpore now you know what it's like
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Empty Re: Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

No I didn't WS, thanks for that. I'm new to coastal and wetland birds so can only recognise a few at the moment. The hides all have info up in them so I'll get to know more next time we visit.

I think we might join and then go more regularly.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

What a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon Lai Very Happy Loving the baby ducks, they are always so cute and fluffy at that stage aren't they.We have lots of canada Geese at our WWT in Arundel but I don't remember seeing Oyster catchers there, unless I have just forgotten. I wonder what that little bird is????
I'm glad you had sunshine as it always makes those trips much nicer but at least with the hides you can sit and watch in the dry if it's raining and I do love to see rain drops on lakes and ponds.
Becoming a member of the WWT was one of the best things I did, I have been a member for years now and I just love going as much as I can.
Hopefully you will get back there soon and get to see the Otters and Beavers.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Laughing I've just signed up for Pete and me so we'll be going back soon.

I'd forgotten you have WWT Arundel nearby and are a member. Look forward to you visiting with your elusive camera cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Having a real awwwwwwww moment with the beautiful little ducklings!!!!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:45 pm

I Agree SM

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Weather permitting tomorrow I am hoping to hit Arundel WWT, I need a big effort this evening to find that elusive camera and the charger, if not i'm still down to my phone, so fingers crossed I find it all this evening and that the weather is glorious tomorrow sunny

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 71418 Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 768480 I am soooooooooooooooo alien a lovely way to spend the day, and the forecast is for sunny now I believe, summer is finally here! Please dig out that camera, check Splodge isn't hiding it somewhere scratch

Have a brilliant time and lots of photos please.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I am definiately hunting that elusive camera tonight Lai and all furries will be quized about any possible hidings of it Very Happy I will be going in the morning as my sister is having a BBQ tomorrow, it's her birthday today but her and Keith are having a little romantic dinner out this evening so tomorrow it's a family get together in the afternoon, so I need to be up and out early tomorrow......fingers crossed with the camera. Even if it's not sunny tomorrow I will be going as long as it's dry and yes I will get as many pics as I can.......i'm hoping to see lots of little ones tomorrow.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Check those wellies, Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 615959 I think they've gone missing as well from what I remember. Your camera is somewhere really safe so you'll have to check all your cupboards and drawers scratch

Enjoy the bbq as well, that will be fun especially as it's a mans job to do the cooking lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 71418 Mission Accomplished Lai Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 71418

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere Img-2078
One camera and charger........now all I need to find is my wellies scratch you are right, they have gone missing too.....another mission is on the horizon Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 45922

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:00 am

Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 768480 Brilliant Littlewid Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust Martin Mere 71418 one down and one to go. Now, I am thinking wellies are quite a bit larger so they can't be hiding in a drawer.

Looking forward to your photos - anyway you won't need your wellies, the sun will be shining (not that it is up north What a Face today)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Still catching up with threads so glad to come across this one with your lovely pictures Lai. Looks like you had a lovely day out and my favourite pictures have to be the baby Duck just adorable I love you

Good to see you have found your camera LW, those wellies must be somewhere . . . . . shed ? garage ? at the back of a cupboard ?
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Sadly the Wellies are no-where to be found, I have a feeling they went out with some rubbish Embarassed so looks like I will have to buy a new pair, Ho Hum Very Happy

Made it to Arundel Yesterday and just going to load the pics on to my Arundel thread.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down