Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would be escapee

4 posters

Go down

Would be escapee Empty Would be escapee

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 am

Never underestimate a Chimp, how intelligent is this one, watch the video and decide for yourself. Brilliant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/9445389/Chimp-seeks-zoo-visitors-help-to-escape-enclosure.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would be escapee Empty Re: Would be escapee

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm

That is Brilliant LW, and by an amazing coincidence, some friends of ours on holiday from Derbyshire went to the Welsh Zoo earlier this week, and a Chimp did a very similar thing. One of their daughters was eating a shoestring sweet, and the Chimp started pointing at her then at its own mouth, her dad said he was trying to say give it to me, after a few times doing this the Chimp started combining that movement then pointing at the window. Then it went, and got a thin stick, and poked it through a small hole by the window, and again repeated the manouvre of pointing at her then its mouth. It was a clear attempt to get her to give it the sweet. They were all amazed, and when I show them this LW, I think they will be even more amazed
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:36 pm

What a coincidence WS, I did wonder if the zoo was anywhere near you but for your friend to have been and seen a chimp doing a similar thing is just flabergasting and I bet your friends will really relate to the video when they see it. I must admit I was really amazed when I watched it but to hear your story as well is just such a confirmation that the video shown is a true one.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

I am trying to get in touch with them, so they can see the video. Another amazing thing is when you think about it. The Chimp worked out that the shoestring sweet would fit through the small hole, it put the twig through.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Hopefully you will be able to catch up with your friends soon WS. I know there has been a lot about how intelligent Chimps are but when you either see or read the things that are in this thread it just goes to prove they are soooooo intelligent. That chimp must have realised that the shoestring sweet was the same or nearly the same size as the twig, they really are amazing creatures aren't they. You must let us know what your friends make of the video clip.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:28 am

Interesting clip, thanks Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Would be escapee Empty Chimps

Post  Derbyshi Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks WS for forwarding me the amazing video. Both situations show just how clever Chimps can be. Before the Chimp was showing my daughter the hole to put the shoestring sweet through, it was indicating for her to throw it over the wall above and he would catch it in his mouth. Just to add to the information you've already given from my familys visit to the Welsh Mountain Zoo. What a shame we didn't get to Video it.

Derbyshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 pm

What a wonderful clip LW, Thanks for posting Very Happy

That chimp just confirmed what we all knew about them, how clever they are Wink

How amazing your friends encountered either the same or another intelligent chimp. It certainly knew what it was doing by trying to get the girl to put the sweet through the hole, truly amazing cheers

Thanks for the additional info Derbyshi - bet a few people have thrown food to them over the wall before Would be escapee 615959 which was why he/she was wanting you to do that
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello Derbyshi
Glad you enjoyed the clip and i'm pleased WS forwarded it to you, we wouldn't have known your story otherwise. They are amazingly intelligent aren't they and what a shame you didn't manage to get to video it but at least you have the memory and a kind of backup video now.
Thanks for posting on the forum, it was good to hear from you.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum