Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter

3 posters

Go down

How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter Empty How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter

Post  Esben Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 am

Hello Forum. I would like to know if anyone can help me get some "Facts" on how Animal Behaviour changes when bring hunted.
I am not looking for an animal that is being hunted at the moment, but how Hunting Effects The animals that live in a reseve or in wild. How they change and how long it wlll take to change.

Esben Brandt

Esben

Back to top Go down

How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter Empty Re: How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi Esben,

Welcome to WAA!

In answer to your question, I think it very much has to be animal dependant and not a generalisation of animal behaviour as each animal may respond to the stress of being hunted in different ways.

Intrigued by this question I started searching the internet for a like Research Study, but even a research study will not provide harden conclusive 'fact'.

Here is a link to Bear Hunting:
http://www.keystoneconservation.us/recent_news/2012/07/do-bears-sense-that-hunters-are-afoot.html

Thanks for the question, please the above is just my humble opinion. Other members may be able to help and point you in a better direction.

Safari Maiden

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter Empty Re: How dose an Animal´s Behaviour Change when hunter

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Welcome to WAA Esben
I think as Safari Maiden says there is'nt really a standard reaction from every animal it depends on the species, and individual animal. This is a link to a study on the Flight or Fight theory that effects all animals even humans in a threat situation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response
I also think that when animals are regulaly hunted in an area, they learn over time to avoid that area, and that is past on to other animals, that live in a society based family unit like Lions, and Elephants.
A really good question Esben, and not one I think we've considered before,
but it would be interesting to see what others think
WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down