Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mara North video, Dec. 2012

+2
whitestarling
Safariman
6 posters

Go down

Mara North video, Dec. 2012 Empty Mara North video, Dec. 2012

Post  Safariman Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 am

Another short video to complement my previous post about Meru. This time about my stay at Offbeat's Camp in the Mara North Conservancy. It is interesting to compare the two landscapes, the Mara is very dry and bare and Meru was lush and green, it should have been the other way round!!
Again the quality is not great and you may want to mute the sound as the wind noise is very distracting. I have still not worked out how to reduce the wind noise on my camera, I am sure there is some device to alleviate it but I have not found it yet.
The start of the video shows David and Kapeen, my guide and spotter, enjoying one of our picnic bush breakfasts which we took with us each morning of my stay. It was great to find the shade of a tree and have breakfast looking out over the plains surrounded by animals.

https://youtu.be/VwKVKLAmUQ0

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Mara North video, Dec. 2012 Empty Re: Mara North video, Dec. 2012

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks Safariman thats really cheered me up sitting here in cold Wales. I put it on full screen, and pretended I was having breakfast with David, and Kapeen Very Happy . Great to see so many different animals, a really good range of different species from prey to predators.
I have the same thing on my camera with the wind just had a quick look, but I could'nt find anything, although it did'nt detract from the video as you say just turn the vol down abit
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Another wonderful clip Safariman. Thanks so much for sharing. It was lovely to see all the wildlife, but especially the wildies, cheetah and lions, I haven't seen any for a while!

Breakfast with Kapeen and David - lovely and such a great way to enjoy a meal out in the open watching the world go by.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Well it's freezing and windy here safariman so I decided to go with the wind as it was fitting for this evening Very Happy actually I liked the sound of the wind as it made all the more real, as if you were there.

It was very dry there wasn't it but the animals all looked healthy and it was brilliant to see so many wildies there, another of my favs and Lais too, the Wildie & Buff Boys cheers
The river looked as thogh it was drying up and looked fairly muddy in places but still enough water to drink and roll in. Great to see the two Cheetah, not sure if they were smelling their scent markings at the tree or if someone else had scented there?
the Lioness at the end, did she only have the one cub or was there more? I only saw one following her?
I don't think we will be having breakfast, David & Kapeen style anytime soon, far too wintery here and I bet you wished you were back there having breakfast amongst the animals with beautiful scenery too.
Thanks for that Safariman, I thoroughly enjoyed that and it added a lot of sunshine on a very chilly January evening cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes LW it was very dry but they have now had quite a lot of rain, a little late but very welcome. The cheetahs were a mum and daughter who I had first seen on my previous visit in June. They were checking out the scent left by a male. I think that mum is soon going to kick her daughter out and mate again! The lion cub at the end is 6 months old and she was with her big sister. She is the only survivor of a litter of 2, her mum leaves her to her own devices and she seems to spend most of her time with her sister. I will post some photos of them later. Definitely missing my breakfasts in the bush.

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Thank you for that Safariman, I couldnt tell if they were male or female Cheetah but I thought they may have been male as they were smelling the scent but of course it makes sense for them to be female and I suppose it was mum checking out the scent. They did look like two adults so yes I suppose no surprise that mum will move on and mate again.What a shame the Lion cub is the only survivor from her litter of two, do you know how the other one died? strange that mum doesnt really bother with her and she spends all her time with her sister, I would have thought that mum would still be spending quite a bit of time with her, does that have anything to do with other one dying do you know? I am looking forward to seeing more photo's of them both when you have some time.
It definiately looked as though they needed the rain, it's a shame it came late and I am sure some animals suffered because of that but at least it did rain and I imagine the place was transformed into a more lush looking bush.
I bet you are missing your breakfasts Safariman and the heat and sunshine, it was -1 here this morning with a very heavy frost, not sure what it was like where you are but I imagine it wasn't safari weather.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for posting your wonderful video Safariman Cool

Aaaah you bring back such lovely memories having breakfast in the 'bush', it really is a special experience. Great to see an array of animals and loved seeing the baby Elephant behind at the beginning and lion cub at the end :) Nice shot at the water with the zebra ; wildies and topi Very Happy

Your shot at 2.35 of the landscape - when you look at that you think there is no wildlife out there, it's just arid, dry land for miles and miles but once you get driving its amazing what you come across Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am

Incredible footage Safariman cheers

You seem to have captured the essence of Africa in just a few minutes (I'll even forgive the absence of leopards and giraffes Very Happy ). The wind whirling in the background just makes it more authentic.

You the man
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum