Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Cheetah cubs

+3
Laikipia
Doogs
littlewid
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5 Cheetah cubs - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 Cheetah cubs

Post  littlewid Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi Chris

You kind of answered your own question there buddy! I suppose as you say, it could put a predator off thinking it was a Honey Badger but I assume Honey Badgers will attack when threatened as you say but I imagine a Cheetah cub will lie low and not attack and that may give the game away in the end......if the predator hasn't given up and gone away, so it may just bide the cheetah cub time. I could of course be completely wrong with all of that though Very Happy

I too have had a quick look at your site and it looks really good, I need to look through it all which I will do. I am looking to see if I can introduce my Neice to it, she is 10 and she loves facts about wildlife especially African Wildlife. I will check it all and get back to you.

I know Safariman posted his pics but theres nothing to stop you posting your Chris, we would love to see them, we can never have too many pictures on here.

Safariman, those are lovely pictures of both the Honey Badger and the Cheetah cubs with their mum and the mantles on both are shown really well, superb pics as always Very Happy

Just noticed you made your 100th Post today Safariman , you have turned into a fully fledged albino 5 Cheetah cubs - Page 2 71418 welcome to the albino club Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 am

Those photos really show the likeness between the Cheetah Cubs, and the Honey Badger Safariman thanks for posting them. I really think you have a good case there Chris, I'd never have thought about it if you had'nt brought it up. I have'nt had time to check your site out now you've updated it, but I will have a look through the week I also think you have a very valid point LW about the Cubs lying low, and not showing any aggression, it would be interesting to see what others think. On Honey Badgers versus Lions as I said before I have seen a clip of it. It was on something like BCD, or one of the BBC's Planet series, but this is one I found on You Tube

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 am

Amazing clip, those little honey badgers really are ferocious and very brave. I was pleased to see they got away!

Thanks for digging that clip out WS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris-AWD Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for the clip WS.

If you google " the world's most fearless creature" - who do you find? - our famous honey badger.

The honey badger is also the world’s most fearless creature, according to the Guinness Book of World Records.

Those young lions will likely think twice before attacking another Honey Badger in future. The adult lion probably has already learned that lesson.

Some theories have it that if you can manage to grab the Honey Badger by the back of its neck it may be a safe way to hold it.

Apparently no one can find a volunteer who wants to test that theory.

Chris

Chris-AWD
Chris-AWD

http://www.africa-wildlife-detective.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 pm

WOW that's some clip WS, thanks for posting. What fiesty, brave little creatures they are, who would have thought they would take on all those lions affraid Hope the one that did get bit was okay I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:14 pm

5 Cheetah cubs - Page 2 40683 That's funny Chris, no wonder!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm

I for one would certainly not offer to put the theory in to practice, no way, those are some very scary creatures nd they have my up most respect.......hts off to the Honey Badgers cheers

Thanks for that clip WS, if anything the Honey Badger seemed quite calm in it's ferocious approach, he definitely deserves a You the man and I too am so glad they got away.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2