Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis

4 posters

Go down

Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis Empty Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis

Post  Laikipia Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:11 am

Powerful short clip and message from Born Free foundation.

Petition link - I know this has been round before, but if you haven't signed it please do and share. Thanks.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/1_million_to_ban_the_lion_trade_fbb/?fbb

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis Empty Re: Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis

Post  littlewid Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for this Lai. I watched the video earlier and then have only just got back on the forum. I will sign the petition and I want to add it to my FB page with the video, so I will come back to it tomorrow evening.

I must say, the video is very moving, it had me in tears actually but it does get the message across incredibly well.

I will let you know when I have signed and put the link and the video on my FB page.

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis Empty Re: Born Free - Brian May and Kerry Ellis

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for the reminder Lai. I had all ready signed it, but I've now shared both the Video, and Petition Link on WAA's, and my own FB Page
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks Littlewid and WS. Every signature helps and sharing gets the message across.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris-AWD Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for highlighting this issue Lai

Because everybody is so focused the elephants and rhinos – some people call this the “silent extinction"

It is good to see the Avaaz response (751,445 signed in just over a week)

On our continent during the last few years Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and the Republic of Congo-Brazzaville lost all their lions and there is only very few left in Nigeria, Malawi and Senegal.

The Asian syndicates dealing with lion bones are the same people dealing with rhino horn – this Asian problem need to be addressed of we will lose these animals.

Chris

Chris-AWD
Chris-AWD

http://www.africa-wildlife-detective.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm

I agree Chris. Ele and rhino poaching is very well documented at the moment and in the news a lot, but we need to remind everyone that the lions are just as important as well.

The number of signatures is impressive, but more are still needed.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Your right Chris we do tend to concentrate on the Ellephants, and Rhinos, and forget the other animals of Africa that in danger as well.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down