Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti Poaching Drones

3 posters

Go down

Anti Poaching Drones Empty Anti Poaching Drones

Post  whitestarling Tue May 14, 2013 1:32 am

STOP THE SERENGETI HIGHWAY's photo.

Anti Poaching Drones 1_bmp10

Tanzania to Deploy Army, Drones in Anti-Poaching Campaign
Tanzania is taking steps to combat the rise in elephant and rhinoceros poaching by deploying army personnel and camera-equipped drones to engage in anti-poaching operations.

According to the Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute, poaching has drastically reduced the elephant population to fewer than 70,000 in 2012 from about 109,000 in 2009.

Amid outcries from lawmakers about the increase in poaching, Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism Khamis Sued Kagasheki told parliament on Thursday (May 2nd) that President Jakaya Kikwete has authorised the deployment of army units for anti-poaching operations.

“The president has issued the order,” Kagasheki told parliament. “I have talked to Minister of Defence and National Service [Shamsi Vuai Nahodha] and we are at the final stages. I do not say when, but we are going to do something that will be remembered by generations to come.”

This is the second time the military has aided against poaching. In 1989, “Operation Uhai” helped the elephant population rebound after it reached a low of about 30,000, when it had been about 110,000 in 1976

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Anti Poaching Drones Empty Re: Anti Poaching Drones

Post  Doogs Tue May 14, 2013 1:21 pm

http://i73.servimg.c anything that might deter these poachers from killing the elephants & rhinos is a good idea.

"I do not say when, but we are going to do something that will be remembered by generations to come" - that sounds really promsing, I really hope it's some time soon.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I second that http://i73.servimg.c , it's brilliant that something is being done, lets hope it has a real impact.
I am interested to know what that statement meant Doogs, it sounds very drastic, so I hope its a real deterrent.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum