Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Cams of Africa

4 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 Empty Re: Web Cams of Africa

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:50 am

They were really having fun Lai  Very Happy 

A close up of a Giant Eagle Owl sounding off at Djuma Waterhole last night. Really lovely to see so close, and hear

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:01 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  WS another great capture. Such a beautiful owl and an interesting sound, almost frog like!

Thanks for sharing WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:45 pm

I have just caught up with all the videos from the 7th WS. That first one of the eles was brilliant, so much splashing noise and wasn't it a big herd, fantastic to see as was the one of them messing around in the water, two of them were having a great play, although it did lok as if they were trying to drown one, although they weren't obviously, just playing.
Beautiful storks indeed and that close up on the first video was just lovely. Mum and Baby Hippo, gorgeous and that little calf was so tiny, it was lovely to see them. I'm not sure what that croc was eating, hopefully not a bird, maybe a big cat fish as you say, a good capture though.
Now that Owl was just fabulous and the calls were being answered for sure, so not sure if was calling to a mate as often they are not together in the same tree or whether he was just chancing his luck, who knows but it was delightful, really enjoyed that one WS.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Although I was lying in bed, which made it to difficult to type, I could watch the cams which was nice, and helped to distract me. I got three Videos that were really great, that I want to share.
The first is a rare sighting of a Brown Hyena, as they are endangered, it was eating something, and its not clear what, but as there was no sighting of a kill, it must have been something it's scavanged at Tau

The second is of a Cheetah hiding in the bushes really hard to spot even though I zoomed the video

The third is a must watch, a Baby Zebra Foal suckling. by its size I dont thin its more than a week or two old

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks for sharing those 3 clips WS. Aren't we lucky you were stuck in bed checking the cams?  Laughing 

Great to see a brown hyena, a first for me and difficult to see what it was tucking into but something tasty no doubt. The second clip was interesting, when the cheetah moved it's head round you could see its ears and eyes otherwise it was perfectly hidden in the amongst the acacia. The zebra foal feeding was very sweet and just so tiny.

Thanks WS a lovely end to the day.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 768480  3 fantastic clips there WS, really enjoyed them. The Hyena was definitely taking something away, I thought it may be a bird of some sort but whatever it was it had long legs. Nice to see a brown Hyena, I think that's a first on here isn't it.

That Cheetah was so well hidden and if it wasn't for the head movements we wouldn't have seen him, amazing clip WS.

The little Zebra foal is gorgeous and I agree (not that i'm an expert  No ) it didn't look more than a couple of weeks old did it. Such a lovely sight to see for sure and they looked so relaxed didn't they. Lets hope that little foal has a long and happy life ahead of him.

Thanks WS, I really enjoyed all three of those  cheers 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Now this is a species you would'nt expect to see in Petes Pond in Africa

Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 Whale10

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:43 pm

OMG WS, no wonder there are no other animals to be seen in that picture........bet they had all run off to get their cameras to capture such an interloper into their pond  lol! 

Fantastic work my friend........that is truly brilliant  You the man 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks LW. A real one this time, and one of your favourites. There has been a Giant Eagle Owl at PP for the last few days, and no one has seen it catch anything to eat, but I got a video last night that when I zoomed showed it catching something proberbly a small rodent

Although its fuzzy you can tell from its actions its got something

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Quiet a large herd of Elephants visited the Pond yesterday tea time with lots of young of different sizes. This Baby one was really funny to watch trying to use its trunk to drink. Don't think its quite got the knack yet  lol! 

Not sure if this was the same one, but it was suckling.

WS  Elephant behind Elephant behind 
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 pm

How fantastic was it to see that Eagle Owl WS  Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 768480 he was quite a big fellow wasn't he and although there was loads of splashing going on it did seem as though he caught something. Do you know if he is still hanging around the pond? I hope he is and you manage to capture him again....you now me and Owls  I love you 

That little baby Ele is adorable and your right, he doesn't know how to use his trunk does he, he was putting his head right in the pond to drink, bless him but he seemed to be having a good time and i'm sure he will get the hang of it very soon.
Loved the clip of him suckling and the noise from the herd and also the pond, the sounds from there are always so delightful aren't they, you could listen to them forever, such a fantastic sound.

Thanks so much for those three clips WS, always great to see whats going on at the pond  cheers 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 pm

When I showed this little video to Mrs S, she said he looked like he was dancing so I thought I'd put it to music

DUST DOIN DA BOOGIE

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 am

Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 40683  WS - love your post on 3rd February  Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 853843 

Will have to catch up with clips this week.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:59 pm

lol! he certainly does WS, he's having a ball.  Love that  Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 768480 

After Lai referring to it just seen your 3rd of Feb effort too, only you could come up with that WS   Wink cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:08 am

LOVE IS
Letting your baby use your nose as a pillow

Where's me Mum. Wait for Me

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks  WS, two great clips.  I love the hippo baby using mum's head as a pillow, I bet that was some weight and she was very tolerant even when it went back again  Hugs   The little ele was adorable  I love you 

Thanks WS   http://i77.servimg.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Elephant behind  that little calf was sure shaking some moves WS  Elephant behind  just brilliant and I loved that mum got in on the act too and the ele on the left had me smiling too with the tail swinging around, a brilliant clip for sure  Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 2224760601 

The Hippo mum surely was patient wasn't she, as Lai said, he must have been a weight to rest on his mums nose, but how cute were they together  I love you 

Wait for me was so funny I think, he was having a high old time rubbing against the side and he looked precarious getting out of the water but he sure did motor to catch up with mum  Elephant behind 

Loved those WS, thanks so much for giving me the nudge  Web Cams of Africa - Page 5 768480 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Petes Pond is down at the moment, and with the African Cams being a quiet I decided to have a look at Allens Bird Cam in SA. A really interesting mixture of Birds visit the feeder. So I took a very short video of then them, and caught this odd fellow, about halfway through. A Crested Barbet

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Oh My Goodness WS, what an amazing cam that is, it's so lovely and its cheered me up after the Monarch post. What an incredible bird the Crested Barbet is, I have never heard of that before. The other birds are wonderful too, it is such a busy feeding table for sure.

Simply loved that WS, thanks so much  cheers 

Whats the link for that one WS, I would love to view that one.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:26 pm

This is a description of where the Webcam is situated, and what you can expect to see on it.

Welcome to our South African garden! With the Allen BirdCam you can witness many different garden birds and even small animals visit the bird feeder streaming 24/7. The Allen BirdCam is situated in a Pretoria (Tshwane), Gauteng, suburban garden, and allows us to share with you all the fun of watching so many feathered friends and even wildlife visit us. Well over 30 bird species have been seen on the camera and many birds are regulars and even easily recognisable as in the case of the Grey Hornbill with a broken beak or the tailless Black-collared Barbet.

Then there are also regular visits from wild bushbabies (Galago primates) and large spotted genets (mongoose and wild cat family) during the night as an unexpected bonus! Watch how each of the bushbabies has a its specific taste and preference for certain food items! For more info on what can be seen on the cam, please also check out their Facebook page and web site.
This is the link to the Webcam

http://beta.wildearth.tv./cam/allen-birdcam

WS

Ps Just at the moment the cam isn't working for some reason, but I'm sure it will be up soon
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks for all that info WS, it sounds even more a delightful cam reading that. I have just saved the link to my favourites and I am sure I will be peeking at that one quite a lot.
Shame it's not up at the moment, hopefully it will be streaming very soon.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Thanks WS. That should be a fun cam to follow. We see Barbet's in Kenya, mostly a Red & Yellow Barbet and they are magnificent.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:45 am

WildEarth have developed a new site called Beta, as it's new there is the occasional glitch, but it's a bigger, and much better picture. You can access all the WildEarth cams from one page that includes Petes Pond, Djuma Waterhole, Tau Game lodge, Kwa Maritane, and Allen Bird Cam. Plus there are maney other Cams you can view if you wish.
So you now only need one link.
http://beta.wildearth.tv./cam/petes-pond

I've done a short Video that shows how to use the Live Cams feature to save time. Just follow the curser in the video.

Any questions let me know

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 pm

A nice little Wharthog family at PP this morning

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

cheers cheers Wild Dogs at Djuma not the best quality Video, but lovely to see, and hear them

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next