Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday PPH

5 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday PPH Empty Happy Birthday PPH

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 am

Happy Birthday PPH 009410

Have a fantastic day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday PPH Cakebd11

Littlewid, Nero, Tiga & Splodge
xxxx
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday PPH Empty Re: Happy Birthday PPH

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 am

Happy Birthday PPH 305898   Happy Birthday PPH 506946   Happy Birthday PPH 305898 

Happy Birthday PPH Untitl11PPH

Have a wonderful day.

Lai  Happy Birthday PPH 560354  Happy Birthday PPH 408422
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PPH

Happy Birthday PPH 305898 Happy Birthday PPH 506946 Happy Birthday PPH 305898 

Have a great day

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Happy Birthday PPH Birthd10

Happy Birthday PPH 408422 Happy Birthday PPH  Happy Birthday PPH 408422 

Hope you have a Great Day

Doogs  Happy Birthday PPH 506946 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:19 pm

thanks everyone

I've had a very quiet day as I have been working. Although working from home so not working that hard (please don't tell me boss :) ) weather has been a bit wild and wooley but its not too bad as I've been indoors all day

I had a lovely lunch with a nice pressie of a bottle of Runner Duck Cabernet Sauvignon wine, its veggie/vegan friendly and grown in a vineyard where they use Indian Runner Ducks to go in between the vines eating the weeds and wee beasties.

Birthday treat last night was going to the cinema to see the National Theatre's version of Coriolanus with Tom Hiddleston and Mark Gattis, its a good idea where the National Theatre does a simultaneous broadcast from their theatre of one of their performances to cinemas across the world and I am really lucky that our cinema here in the 'shires was one of those cinemas. Coriolanus is not the easiest of Shakespeare's plays and I've never seen it before but having the lovely Tom Hiddleston to drool at made it worth while
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm really glad you have had a lovely birthday PPH. I'm not a drinker but I love the sound of that wine with all the Indian Runner Ducks snaffling up all the weeds etc, really earthy I think......I hope you enjoyed the tipple  drunken 

Its off you say that about the national Theatre Shakespear play. My sister was telling me that they are screening live performances from London of the War Horse into cinemas. I must admit I have not heard of Tom Hiddleston before....I need to google him to see who he is  Very Happy 

Its wild and wooley here too as I am sure it is most places at the moment, its a bit of a roughday/evening isn't it. Still at least you got to work from home on your Birthday which was good and i'm sure non of us will tell your boss it was a quiet day for you.........your secret is safe our friend  silent 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm

They are screening War Horse in out cinema as well and I was thinking of going to see it. Coincidently Tom Hiddleston was in the War Horse film as Captain James Nicholls, he also plays the bad guy Loki in the Thor/Thor 2 and the Avengers Assemble film. Although he has long black hair in that and he isnt that good looking but here is what he looks like while rehearsing for Coriolanus

Happy Birthday PPH Tom-hi11]
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 pm

I'm so glad you posted that PPH, I saw the film War Horse and yes, now I know its him. I had not heard of him before so I wouldn't have made the connection but as soon as you said about the film and I saw the pictures, it clicked.......I can understand your Drools  Very Happy 
Is it the film they are screening or the play version? a friend of mine saw the play and said it was brilliant, I saw the film.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 am

its the play version LW

they have cameras at that night's performace at the NT and simultaneously broadcast it to cinemas. so its really good as you have the audience reaction too. OK its not as good as being there but its the next best thing and also it makes it more accessible for people who cant get to the NT and see these things.

Even though I live just over an hour away from London by train because its commuter belt land the expense of going to London puts me off going regularly. Also the last train home is 11.30 so unless I want to stay over in a hotel its either a mad dash to the train station or a matinee performance.

a lot of these play also sell out really quickly so and the tickets go on ebay for huge amounts, someone said they saw two tickets for the play I saw sell for over £2000. So to just be able to pop to the local cinema and pay just under £15 a ticket to experience as close to live performance as possible is great. You''re also guaranteed to get a good view rather than be stuck in the 'gods'
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:01 am

affraid  PPH £2000  No  We waited for War Horse to come to Manchester to the Lowry and saw it, half the price of London and brilliant seats, we did have to book in advance though but it was worth it!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:11 pm

OMG I would do the same PPH, that is ludicrous, £2000 for a ticket, no way, I would never pay that, it's silly money, even if you had that kind of free cash its just stupid, I would rather give that amount to charity.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum