Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct. 2014 Safari Video

3 posters

Go down

Oct. 2014 Safari Video Empty Oct. 2014 Safari Video

Post  Safariman Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:48 pm

As I seem to be having a few problems trying to get my still photos to upload properly on my other Oct. Safari thread, I thought I would upload this video under a new thread.
The video, which is about 7 mins long shows clips of most of the animals and birds I saw during my recent trip to the Mara North Conservancy. Some of the clips you might have seen before on my posts on the other thread so this is just a compilation with a bit of everything!! I hope it gives a feel of what it is like to be lucky enough to go on safari to Kenya.
The music is the adagio from Mozart's Clarinet Concerto.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Oct. 2014 Safari Video Empty Re: Oct. 2014 Safari Video

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:19 am

http://i73.servimg.c http://i73.servimg.c http://i73.servimg.c  Safariman.  What a wonderful clip with so many lovely animals and birds, it really gives a true flavour of life in the Mara and was a great start to the day.  

Sorry it took me so long to watch but it was so worth the wait Very Happy

One to watch with a cup of tea and just sit back and enjoy.

Thanks for sharing Safariman - it must have taken you hours to put that together Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks Lai. It was fun putting it together. The biggest problem was deciding which clips to put in or leave out. I had about 300 clips lasting over 2 hours!!! To try and reduce them down to 7 minutes meant I had to leave a lot of clips out but I think it gives a flavour of a safari and the infinite variety of wildlife within the Mara. Glad you enjoyed it.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 pm

WOW That's a lot of videoing Safariman. You'll have to have different versions to watch especially on the cold dark winter nights. You could really enjoy your own 2 hour safari from your armchair Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:28 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW  SM I know my response has been a long time coming but that has just blown me away. I have just watched it twice as once wasn't enough. That is simply stunning and I want to know how you have the knack of picking just the right music for the clips you make........you must have been a film producer in a former life. That music was just perfect, it turned the clip into something so serene and magical. I think you shouldn't worry about condensing your video's down, you should just sell them as two or four hour DVD's......I would certainly buy them.
Such an array of gorgeous wildlife and so pleased to see the wildie boys, buff boys and the wonderful hippos and there was even an owl in there. Also so many babys as well, loved the lion cub almost falling over biting his paw and the baby ele running at his full pelt. What a capture with the croc resting and then opening his eye......he had one beady eye on you!
The whole clip reinforces why we love the animals so much and that could easily have been a top class advert for a kenyan safari. Just brilliant SM, I truely loved it..........Gosh it's great to be back.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks LW and glad to see you back posting and pleased you enjoyed the video.
I have always taken still photos and they are still my main focus but about a couple of years ago a took some video footage by accident with a basic point and shoot camera and it came out surprisingly well and since then I have tried to combine them both when I am on safari. Fortunately not being very computer literate my son persuaded me to have an Apple Mac system and it is very user friendly and comes with all the necessary software for editing and producing movies. I am finding that I enjoy the process more and more. I am also able to put the finished video on to a dvd so that I can then watch them on a big tv screen.
As digital cameras have progressed the quality of video has improved enormously and it is now very easy to shoot in full h.d. With my camera I only have to press a button to switch from still to video and that then becomes the problem. If I am watching some action should I record it in still or video, at the moment I try and do both which is not always satisfactory as you can miss that vital photo or piece of video!!! You can see the problem on the section of the video showing the lion crossing the river half was shot as video and then I shot some stills, in retrospect I think I should have just kept to video to get the complete crossing but I was just greedy to try and get both still and video!!! Unfortunately with wildlife you can't ask them to do it again for a retake!!
The music is pot luck. I try and see what music I have on my computer that might be appropriate and the approximate right length and then try and edit the video to the same length. Sometimes the music works and sometimes it doesn't. However I have to agree with you in regards to this video as I do think it works perfectly with the action which is pure luck and I am extremely satisfied with the result.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum