Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011

4 posters

Go down

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 Empty The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:41 am

Hi all

This is the link to the latest movie by Dereck and Beverley Joubert. It is in cinemas feb 2011.

The trailer looks fab

Take the tissues.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zS319U8hg

TTMx

Back to top Go down

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 Empty Re: The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 am

Just getting ready for work TTM so will have a good look when I get in Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 Empty Re: The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 am

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 768480 Thanks Minty that looks brilliant. Dereck and Beverley Joubert have done some fantastic programes, inc Eye of the Leopard.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 am

That looks fantastic, and a real tear jerker I am sure - thanks for posting that TTM.

It's going to be a good year for films on African big cats with this and the Disneynature film in April

Lai leopard in Tree
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:15 am

Hey Ws - I loved eye of the leopard Big Cat Odessey was brill too.

Lai - Big Cats need all the help they can get.

What fab people the Jouberts are...

i am hopeless when it comes to animals, so i will need the tissues for sure.

TTMx

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

OMG, OMG Minty thanks so much for posting that, it looks TOTALLY AMAZING and I know I'll need a HUGE box of hankies for that !!!! lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Found this after searching on the web re this film, lots more info

http://movies.nationalgeographic.com/movies/last-lions/

After seeing their picture on this link I recognise the couple that have done it. As WS said they have made some fantastic programmes so I'm sure this is going to be great The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Good find Doogs - thanks.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Wonder if this will be the same as the Disney Film and us in the UK won't see it until later in the year :?: scratch

On a brighter note, I was fortunate enough to win a copy of the book that accompanies the film on Facebook (see their page The Last Lions). It is written by the Joubert's, bet there's some fantastic pictures in it The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 71418

This is the overview of the book from the National Geographic shop:

"A symbol of mythic potency, the African lion has ruled the human imagination for millennia. But in Botswana's Okavango Delta, the world's most awe-inspiring hunters are challenged not only by their waterlogged territory, but also by their formidable prey—the buffalo—who wield their massive horns with deadly accuracy. Pulsing with ancient rhythms of wild Africa, this harsh and eternal struggle is compelling, powerful, and poignant. Award-winning filmmakers and National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence Beverly and Dereck Joubert, give us an unforgettable glimpse of this iconic drama in the official companion book to their feature film, The Last Lions, and warn that due to declining numbers of lions in the wild, it may soon end forever.

In fascinating text and breathtaking images, the Jouberts reveal both the beauty and danger of the Okavango Delta and its inhabitants. We follow a lone lioness, Ma di Tau—Mother of Lions—and three newborns as they flee a ferocious rival pride. Braving the Delta, despite their instinctive hatred of water, the lioness and her cubs head for an island lost in a labyrinth of streams. She and two cubs escape successfully; a lurking crocodile snatches the third.

Soon, their refuge is invaded by a vast buffalo herd—aggressive, unafraid, a constant threat, yet the lions' only prey. But even as Ma di Tau hones her tactics and stalking skills, she is trapped between throngs of buffalo and a rival lion pride. So she does what all of her kind must, adapt or die.

The Last Lions is a story of family and hope in a world of wild beauty and relentless predation that is a superbly photographed, sharply detailed intimate portrait of one dauntless mother struggling to protect her young and preserve her bloodline. It is a vivid, universal vision of the fate of lions everywhere, isolated on tiny islands amid a sea of humanity. Can we rescue them, or have we already, heedlessly, met the last lions?

For decades the Jouberts have lived among great cats in the wild, observing, documenting, and often discovering unsuspected facets of lion behavior. A key message is that the inexorably rising tide of human population will soon drown what remains of that world unless we act now. The book draws attention to the numbers (500,000 in the 1950s to only 25,000 lions today) and highlights projects that have been enacted to help preserve wilderness for lion habitat".

The Last Lions movie trailer - in cinemas Feb 2011 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down