Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali

5 posters

Go down

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali Empty Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Assisi Fundraising's new Cryptic Quiz is out now. This fundraiser is in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali, Doog's lovely Boxer who sadly passed away last year. Doog's has been raising funds for them and we would like to help contribute.

The Bumper Spring Cryptic Quiz has 100 clues (10 clues over 10 topics), the cash prizes pot has doubled compared to our usual quiz sheets and therefore the cost is £2.

How to get a copy:

Please send £2 with a stamped self addressed envelope for your quiz sheet to Assisi Fundraising, 29 Hatfield Close, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 3FF

Please make cheques payable to Assisi Fundraising and if sending coins please stick between card (though we do not recommend this due to security reasons).

Prizes: 1st - £15, 2nd - £10
Draw: £5 prize - All entries returned will go into a draw regardless of correct answers!

Closing date: Midnight 30th April 2011

Thanks

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali Empty Re: Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am

Sounds great SM - can you please do a reminder. I'm off crack of dawn tomorrow and on a massive clear my desk campaign today so will wait until I am back.

Thanks and look forward to having a go later scratch

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali Empty Re: Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am

I'll put a reminder up in a weeks time Lai. Might also ask WS to put something on the home page, hint hint!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 768480 Brilliant idea SM - and thanks, I've also put a reminder on my pc for when I get back Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:37 pm

I can take a hint lol! no sooner said than done
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Whoop whoop from me & Ali I love you Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 853843

I knew this was coming as SM and LW very kindly asked my permission first, I was absolutely over the moon that they did Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 71418

My lovely little lady (well she was more of a madam !) brought so much love, happiness and joy to my family’s life and I think it’s wonderful that with the funds raised from the quiz this could offer the same to other less fortunate boxers.

Up there Ali will be doing a little dance of approval, you know that bouncy one that boxers do !! Laughing

I'll get my cheque off to you for soon.

Thanks again all
Doogs drunken & Ali I love you Like a Star @ heaven I love you Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:54 pm

We are happy to help such a great cause!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Sending off for my quiz sheet tomorrow SM - need to have plenty of time to fill it in as I am sure it will be soooooooooooooooooooooooo hard!

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Now that I'm back from Cheltenham will have to get my cheque in the post for some quiz sheets :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 wow SM it's HARD .................... just had a quick peek and have answered 5 (out of 100) Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Don't give up on it Lai. If Duncie here can do them, anyone can Very Happy mind you I was a bit slow off the mark with some of them, SM is very cryptic but clever. I set one or two of them (big help I was Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 40683 ) but I was her sounding board and as I say, if I can get them you lot certainly can Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sorry guys didnt mean to have you bounce bounce bounce

They are easier than you think, so dont think too hard.

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 431638 Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 431638

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 am

affraid no, it's great, it means i have to Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 i like the flower ones! My mum is good at these so when she comes for lunch on Mothers' day i am sure she will help lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Cheque in post today Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Lai, thats a good idea, your mum should have no trouble.

Thanks Doogs! Maybe you and Lai could put your heads together.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:37 pm

It's coming along nicely now SM - I like to have a look first thing in the morning drunken and add a few more. By the time it's due in we should have most of them filled in at least cheers
I bet Doogs and Ian are a formidable team lol!

Lai :study:
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for the sheets SM - oh ma heid, that looks affa difficult scratch scratch but will give it a right good bash !

Just thought I'd attach an ad that was in the Scottish newspapers last week. There has also been local appeals for people to donate to BWS / foster dogs so the money raised in this quiz will be very much welcomed by the organisation Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 853843

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali Bws11
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:30 am

lol! that's a great photo of a beautiful boxer amongst the bluebells lol!

wow as you say Doogs the quiz is soooooooooooooo hard. I felt sure you would have finished it in an afternoon as you are good at pub quizes :study:

My mum came for lunch yesterday and we answered quite a few so it's coming on but I've just counted up and we still have another 30 to answer Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 We enjoyed doing it though especially as it is for such a good cause.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Glad you are enjoying the quiz Doogs and Lai. LW got the answers, I think you might kick yourselves when you get the answers, but that is of no help to you know. Sorry Wink Wink Wink lol! lol!

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922 Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 71418 Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 71418 don't say that SM - Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 40683

Lai Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 45922
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Any news on who won the quiz SM and how much you have raised ?

I'm useless at these things and really struggled with it but as far as I'm concerned I bought a few and the money is going to a charity which is very close to my I love you that's the main thing for me.

Well done the two of you for even thinking up those questions, great job cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri May 06, 2011 5:29 pm

And the Winners are:

1st Prize: D Richards Dumfries
2nd Prize: H Wallis Ruskington
Draw: S Mutch Aberdeen

CONGRATULATIONS
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Doogs, after the prize money was withdrawn we made £64. We are donating a further £36 raised from easyfundraising/easysearch to round it up to £100. We are really pleased we can send this to Boxer Welfare Scotland. Just getting the details from Lorraine.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey SM well done on raising £64 and absolutely brilliant that you rounded up the money and gave £100 to BWS cheers I know Lorraine will be well chuffed with that Very Happy

This means an awful lot to me so thanks again for your wonderful idea to donate to BWS and thanks to everyone who bought the (very hard) quiz sheets !!!! scratch Bumper Cryptic Quiz in aid of Boxer Welfare Scotland in memory of Ali 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 am

Great news and well done SM for setting the quiz - we enjoyed it despite it being sooooooooooooo hard.

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down